• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What has been your best Limited/Collector's Edition purchase to date?

Didn't realize that consoles and handhelds technically fell under this query.

In that case, it's between these two:

coxysgashots.jpg

I second that Micro. Still kicking myself for not buying one new for half off when I had the chance...

I'm really modest when it comes to CE stuff.

All the ones that I end up actually being interested in either slip out of my fingers before I get the chance (Fire Emblem Fates), are Too Fucking Expensive (Breath of the Wild - plus there wasn't a Wii U equivalent :|), or both (Final Fantasy XV).

I do still have my Ocarina of Time OG 3DS which is pretty cool, I guess.

mindatlarge

Not amazing in comparison to what I'm seeing in this thread, but my Majora's Mask New 3DS is probably my favorite collector's item I have.

SenkiDala

Can we also put just items that are games related even if it didn't come directly with the games?

In that case I'd chose without hesitation the 3 JRPG coins that I got from the EU Nintendo Club, for purchasing the 3 LE of Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

I'm wondering if it has any value. :eek: Anyway I absolutely love them!

I don't buy special editions but I did once get a special edition of Jade Empire. It was the same price as the normal edition and had an extra character. I'd say that was pretty good.

Definitely Fire Emblem Fates SE. Having all 3 games on one cart is very unique and very useful. The pouch is pretty good looking too.

My answer as well—the gift that keeps on giving. I mean to try the pouch on the Switch with the Joy-Cons detached to see if it's big enough to fit when I just want to cover the screen and don't need something rugged for taking it on the go.

Other than that, the only one I can think of is Skyward Sword for the gold Wiimote Plus. For the most part I don't care for physical bonuses as they just sit around and take up space, so utility is always the first consideration—which is why I'm looking forward to the Sheikah Slate case that comes with Breath of the Wild's SE.

Freddo

Morrowind CE, I guess.

Waiting for my NieR: Automata Black Box Edition which will be the most expensive game I ever bought, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Stiler

hKpW6Bg.jpg

Not only that, but It's from the launch event and the art book was signed by a lot of the devs as well.

I got it from a friend at cost + shipping since I don't even live near Cali where the event took place.

Still have it to this day sitting on my shelf.

I also got the Darksiders 2 CE and still have it sealed since I got the game digitally as well.

Then there's this:

quE24ap.jpg

Mine was signed by R.A. Salvatore. When you got this edition you had a random chance of getting it signed by either Curt Schilling, Todd McFarlane, or R.A. Salvatore, I got lucky cause that's who's autograph I wanted the most.

Have no idea if its went up in value or anything though, just checked ebay and didn't see any up.

Top Bottom