• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What have you just bought?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a physical purpose, but a service purchase.

My siblings and I are about to each toss in a couple grand to pool a bunch of money together to pay for fixing and improving some family cemetery plots overseas. I'm not even sure what's being done, but my dad and oldest brother are sorting it out. I wasnt sure of the exact timing when I heard about it, but at easter dinner I guess it's ready to happen.

So suddenly at dinner on the weekend, my sis in law comes up to me and asks..... hey, you got a couple thousand dollars? I said ya thinking she was going to talk to me about stocks or something. But then she said it's for the family cemetery stuff we all talked about the past year.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
£870 Vet bill.
£230 Orthodontist retainer's.

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

You & me

american psycho film GIF by hoppip

Angry Stanley Kubrick GIF

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
400 thread count pure 100% egyptian cotton bedding to help me sleep like baby during the hotter months. 🤓

🚨 humble brag alert 🚨

Just kidding. If it works you have truly something to bra.. sleep under.

Get's clammy over where you live in the summer?

Btw JK my man. Sounds awesome.

Have a picture?

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

🚨 humble brag alert 🚨

Just kidding. If it works you have truly something to bra.. sleep under.

Get's clammy over where you live in the summer?
:messenger_tears_of_joy: Not a brag, cost about £70, which is expensive for bedding, but we do spend a third of our lives in our beds so makes sense to invest in a good sleeping set up imo! (suitable mattress, bedding etc...)

It's the UK so not the hottest summers, but the nights can get quite humid and most homes don't have aircon, including mine. I switched from polyester to an affordable set of cotton sheets a few years ago and it made a big difference, falling asleep in heat more quickly and not waking up in a sweat, so figured might as well step it up as it's warming up quickly in Spring already.

Also I've found having a ultra comfy sleeping set up makes you want to get into bed earlier which has helped my sleeping pattern a shit ton.

Edit: pics from the website (marks and spencers)

HF_05_T35_5600D_D6_X_EC_0
HF_05_T35_5600D_D6_X_EC_1

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm normally not someone who wears gaming related clothes.

But I stumpled upon your typical nerd store and saw this cap.

Good price and how the front is fully colored while the rest is black plus it's link I said fuck it.

Needed a new one anyways.

BP4MRsa.jpg

BEHOLD THE MULLET 2000

ypMaJIo.jpg

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Some decent headphones?

Audiophile GAF don't come at me lol

I'd say think in what you need instead of want

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
When did I ever create a it's my birthday thread?

Oh that's right, lol 😆

Yeah, you can go take a long walk and stfu.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Praise consumerism!
Let's post this thread all the interesting things we have recently purchased.

Here some basic guidelines:
  • Everything goes, from a House, Japanese candies, classic muscle car, latest iPhone, boutique kitchenware or some obscure craft beer from your area - you get the idea
  • Always post the price
  • If possible also post a picture (a pic from google is ok but posting your own picture is more interesting and engaging)
  • It does not matter if the purchase is a brand new item or used from your local flee market
  • Do not post everyday stuff like basic groceries
  • Do not shame users for paying scalper prices
  • Do not shame or belittle users for their purchases
  • Discussion and questions about purchased goods and services is welcome

Aww, was going to post that I bought a loaf of bread, a bag of coffee, eggs for today.

Apart from groceries, got myself a nice 55" 4K TV.

Top Bottom