• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What improvements would you like to see in a switch revision

scydrex

I would wish a Switch X or Pro with Tegra full speed.... no display... no battery... just full power, non portable and cheaper. If they release a Switch revision at a cheaper price maybe i could think getting it. After watching the DF Switch clocks speeds or O.C. i would think a Switch non portable is a must for Nintendo.

Last edited:
serious question:
would a 1080p screen in portable just be pointless since all the games are optimized for 720p in handheld?

Honestly, my biggest gripe would just be a better battery life. Its never been a big issue for me since I bring a portable battery if i travel, but, even having a few extra hours would be nice.

The upgraded switch on 7nm would NOT be running in handheld mode. It would be running in the docked mode at all times but outputting to the 1080p screen on it instead of to the TV.

Thats the whole point of switching to 7nm, you get much higher clockspeeds at much lower power consumption, so you get great battery life even if its running in docked mode at all times. Since most docked games output 1080p, upgrading to a 1080p screen would be worthwhile.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
not interested in a Switch Mini.

i hope they update the main model or make a pro version. buying a mini seems like it'd be a downgrade.

Mexen

OP, I just wanted to say what a great thread. It's well put together.

Let's see, I play my games docked mostly so Pro Controller support for all games. All of them. No exceptions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom