• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is up with the "My Sex Junk" segment on Bill Nye's new show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTSC

It can't be that bad guys... I thought as I clicked the link.

Oof. I was quite wrong. That's a real waste of Rachel Bloom's talent.

sanstesy

G0EXD.gif

i hated the title, now that i read what it is, a friggin' panel talk show with actors and comedians, science talk delivered by people like Zach Braff, i'm like, no thanks, lol

Reeks

Thus hurts. It has the opposite of the desired affect. Keep it.

I thought this was a show for the whole family? Guess not. Don't think I'll be watching it based off of that segment and the comments in here.

I could listen to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs all day but I couldn't even make it halfway through this clip. If Rachel Bloom's brand gets tainted because of this (I've seen a post calling her a singing Amy Schumer in response to this clip), then that just really sucks for her and undersells her talent.

Xe4

Banned
Bill should stick to science. To be more specific, explaining science to kids in classrooms. That's an important job, and he does it well. This? Eeeeehhhhhhhhh.

To be fair, he's also a pretty good social media science advocate. But I don't think he should move beyond that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I could listen to Crazy Ex-Girlfriend songs all day but I couldn't even make it halfway through this clip. If Rachel Bloom's brand gets tainted because of this (I've seen a post calling her a singing Amy Schumer in response to this clip), then that just really sucks for her and undersells her talent.

Eh, people will forget. Except the_donald who are apparently boycotting Netflix over this?

Things like this happen when you try to cash in on Nostalgia. I'm not sure who was even asking for this. I think the Nostalgia people wanted more of the original. When I heard the title, I wanted a scripted show that was literally Bill Nye saving the world.

This was just bad. It should have been a music video cut away. That would have negated some of the bad. Not all of it, but some.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Now's a good time to mention that The Eyes of Nye was a pretty good, more mature take of his show.

ah yes the perfect way to communicate the message that science is important by having some actor sing about how people like freaky shit

perfect. we're gonna make strides in the trump administration with this!

Jetman

The show itself is full of cringe. Had potential to be really good, but the "humor" in it is just horrible.

lovelyperson

Neo Member
I like Rachel Bloom and think Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is great, but I had to turn that off within 30 seconds. That was... really bad.
All in all, it seems like the new Bill Nye show isn't doing great.

Carcetti

I watched a random non-sex episode of the show and thought it was horrible. I don't think Bloom is the problem. I mean the one I saw (conspiracy ep) was so cringey, stupid and non-entertaining I wanted to believe in chemtrails afterwards. The laughter-on-cue studio audience was like parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom