• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

RootCause

This is what I ended up with and really like it. Not tight on triggers/bumpers, screen is protected, lots of room for the joy sticks.

Not much room for anything else than the joy con straps and ear buds, but the case is really solid and the game case hidey spot is really smart (even though I am going all digital). Smelled funky in the store but I haven't noticed it since then.

Also, great user review/article over at NWR if you are interested.
The one thing I didn't like. 😛

Did you leave yours open to get rid of the smell?

Got the butter fox and I really like it, but I don't dig the shoulder buttons being pushed down all the time.

Anyone have any idea whether or not that could create a problem with those buttons?

Only time will tell IMO. This is the reason I went with the RDS case since it has actual space molded into the case for the shoulder buttons to rest.

The one thing I didn't like. ��

Did you leave yours open to get rid of the smell?

I left mines in front of a window over night. Smell was gone the next morning.

Only time will tell IMO. This is the reason I went with the RDS case since it has actual space molded into the case for the shoulder buttons to rest.

I left mines in front of a window over night. Smell was gone the next morning.

About all I needed to know, thanks! I'll get on backorder and check target for the rds. Thanks, mate!

I've seen people complain that the game cases in the RDS case fall out of their areas too easily.

I've noticed that too, but I just turned mine upside down and the wrong way, hoping the little extended lip on the top would hold it in place a bit if it weren't positioned near the groove for it.

It seems to help, at least for now.

japtor

Just as a protip for anyone looking:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014EBC3BE/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I got this yesterday, and it fits the Switch with some extra room - looks to me like it could fit another set of Joy-Cons. I really like it so far!
Yep posted some pics here with a bunch of stuff:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=232184871

Kinda messy but yeah you can cram a lot in there. On a road trip now and crammed in a thin battery behind the Switch and some cables for my phone in front too.

LiK

How is the Shiekah Slate case from the Zelda Special Edition? Mine is still sealed cause I'm weird but I'm reaaally tempted to open it just for the case.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, didn't see an answer.

Yea, Shiekah case is exclusive to ME/SE. Take care of it.

tebunker

Banned
Yep posted some pics here with a bunch of stuff:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=232184871

Kinda messy but yeah you can cram a lot in there. On a road trip now and crammed in a thin battery behind the Switch and some cables for my phone in front too.

Is there a case than can comfortably hold the Switch with joy cons attached and the power adapter? That's all I'm looking for.

I went with this in Brown

It looks like it will is a little more versatile that the keyboard bag, can hold everything you need, and has some cushioning inside. Couple of reasons I went with the bigger one is that I can put my charger, phone, joycons the entire switch & pro con in there, and throw it in a backpack or bag and travel with it. On to of that the middle pocket fully opens and folds out flat for easy access.

I hope to find something to fit just two joycons (with straps attached) in, whether for carrying the switch separately or for having 4 total joycons with me.

I'm concerned about the sticks being mashed around in something that doesn't hold them somewhat securely.

Still loving my RDS case and still recommend it to those who are indecisive. The smell is definitely a bit strong when it first arrived. After a few days now I'm finding it has finally diluted some and isn't so intense.
Can't wait for more switch games to release so I can fill up those cute little card cases inside haha!

1upsuper

Got the butter fox and I really like it, but I don't dig the shoulder buttons being pushed down all the time.

Anyone have any idea whether or not that could create a problem with those buttons?

I have this case too. I didn't like how it pressed the shoulder buttons, so I've just been placing the Switch on top of the straps, which keeps the shoulder buttons from being pressed. You'll need to be careful when you open the case this way (basically just don't open it upside down over a hard surface) but it keeps your shoulder buttons from being pressed.

Edit: Can anyone recommend the RDS Deluxe Case? I'd like to keep my Butter Fox case for when I just need to tote my Switch around but have a bigger case for when I want to lug around the dock and the controller thing.

Ganrob

Neo Member
My wife made me a cool Zelda Theme softcase. Sorry for the horrible pic.

2loSqhK.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Does anyone have both the RDS and Butterfox and can compare? I picked up the Butterfox because of the extra pouch up top. It can hold cables and a portable battery.

Iced

I was waiting on Orzly to ship their case on amazon.ca, but now that the RDS case is available in Canada, I can't pass it up.

linkboy

Does anyone have both the RDS and Butterfox and can compare? I picked up the Butterfox because of the extra pouch up top. It can hold cables and a portable battery.

I had the Butterfox ordered, but just cancelled it and went with the RDS. Mostly because I'm worried about how tight the console fits in the Butterfox case.

Butterfox does make great cases though. I have their 3DS case and I've got no complaints with it.

How long does Nintendo usually take to ship direct?

I bought my son a 3DS charging dock and I shipped it with regular shipping and had it in less then a week (took a bit longer since their system didn't like that I live in South Dakota and was shipping it to California. The customer service rep was fantastic). I've never had an issue with anything I've ever bought from them.

Rizific

I currently have the hori case. I'm looking for a hard case with enough room to store some games, charger, and a playstand. Anything out there?

The_Lump

Banned
Can vouch for the Official one. Plenty of room, nice built in "stand" and it's hard than I expected (not hard plastic but thick enough that you would have to be very careless to damage your Switch in it)

Also just fitted an Orzly tempered glass screen protector. So easy to fit. Feels more snug in the dock, but still enough clearance.

Lexxism

If only //ARCANUM posted the RDS stock on Nintendo store a few days earlier, I might had went with that instead of Waterfield. I guess I'm really meant to buy it.

//ARCANUM

If only //ARCANUM posted the RDS stock on Nintendo store a few days earlier, I might had went with that instead of Waterfield. I guess I'm really meant to buy it.

Sorry, Nintendo only listed that stuff within the past day or so. I check the site every day.

dcx4610

It seems in possible to find the RDS case in stock. I saw them in stock a few days after the Switch launch and now nothing. I've probably checked 10+ stores and nothing. (I want the regular black one, not Zelda)

krumble

Can vouch for the Official one. Plenty of room, nice built in "stand" and it's hard than I expected (not hard plastic but thick enough that you would have to be very careless to damage your Switch in it)

Also just fitted an Orzly tempered glass screen protector. So easy to fit. Feels more snug in the dock, but still enough clearance.

Have to disagree, the official one is rubbish with barely enough room for the switch and you can feel the joycon sticks through it, I was very disappointed

TankRizzo

Banned
Any difference between RDS and the one that came with the SE? I feel that it's being protected, but if RDS is better, I can grab one of those.

I got the official one and it's ok. Good enough to put in a backpack but not good enough to be totally worry free. The Hori one was more in line with the protection I wanted but I couldn't find it until it was too late.

RootCause

Leaving the rds case open for a couple of days did the trick. :)

These are $29.99 at Target. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the one I saw around launch.
It's a fantastic case. They make one for the nes classic, and it's just as great.

Also got the Zelda rds case for light travel.

tebunker

Banned
Epic shit...

RDS-Industries-Inc-Nintendo-Switch-Game-Traveler-Deluxe-System-Case-1.jpg

RDS-Industries-Inc-Nintendo-Switch-Game-Traveler-Deluxe-System-Case-2.jpg

That's pretty awesome if you travel a lot.

Got lucky and my Walmart had one RDS case left. Only 18.00 to boot!

I wonder what the hell is up with the Switch and Joy-cons+grip they are using in the illustration.

These are $29.99 at Target. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the one I saw around launch.

Leaving the rds case open for a couple of days did the trick. :)

It's a fantastic case. They make one for the nes classic, and it's just as great.

Also got the Zelda rds case for light travel.

I have a feeling this would be a suitable substitute for$18

Hermit Shell put all your shit in here case.

I am going to wait for reviews but probably pick this up in a month or so for more heavy travel bc it can store everything.

Top Bottom