• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kind of game you imagine coming from Naughty Dog?

HighPoly

Banned
Jak and Daxter Reboot? Maybe another Uncharted? which one? Last of Us 3?
What kind of game you expect, and do you have some kind of confidence in the quality of this game?
Coud ND make a mistake?
Explain yourself, and remember, I'll always love you, specially those who use girly's avatars!

Hopefully something which is not Last of Us.

It will be a good opportunity for ND to stretch and build their creative muscles.

They already confirmed they're working on a brand new single player IP, and there's been rumours for a while now that they've been working on a fantasy IP. I'm super excited.

Bartski

Gold Member
whatever it is it will look so good we won't see anything come close next gen years into it

HighPoly

Banned
I expect their next game will be The Last of Us Part 3, and the visual fidelity will be extraordinary. That's about it.
Sure, I'm afraid and I leterally prefer a next Last of Us game, or maybe a prequel from Joel in the past.
Cause, I don't think Last of Us is tired yet, we need an answer about Ellie and Abby.
Well, some of you may think Last of Us is a tired franchise or maybe a tired story telling game, but the Last of Us universe is so big, so giant, so incredible!!!
So many possibilites!

HL3.exe

Linear story driven games with tons of cutscenes and set-pieces
'In' before everyone interprets this as a 'bad thing'. I'd rather have this than bloated open-worlds or live service looter shooter grind-fests.

Real answer: would love if ND would tackle a Immersive Sim, or have more reactive Immersive Sim elements to their story. Have the way you tackle combat have small consequences in the next section. TLOUP2 almost felt like that, but was obvious highly linear.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Either a new IP or TLOU 3. Hopefully it's the former first. If so, I expect something much less grounded in reality. Hoping for larger scale of combat and traversal while maintaining, if not upping the quality in TLOU2.

YukiOnna

Anything but Last of Us please...

I've given up on anything Uncharted since the rumors have gone nowhere, but I'm still hoping they go back to lighthearted adventure style in some form. Maybe in a new IP.

Guilty_AI

Real answer: would love if ND would tackle a Immersive Sim, or have more reactive Immersive Sim elements to their story. Have the way you tackle combat have small consequences in the next section. TLOUP2 almost felt like that, but was obvious highly linear.
God forbid! I imagine they would create some game design abomination like RDR2

Last edited:

Rac3r

It’ll probably never happen, but a hub-based/semi-open world Cowboy Bebop, with Naughty Dog animation, would be incredible.

ebaac547-12b2-49aa-b91f-b4b2edb9767d_1625606018.jpg

yurinka

Games I expect them to develop mostly in-house this generation:
  • TLOU MP GaaS game
  • AAA SP only new IP (non white, non hetero -possibly trans- female protagonist, polarized reviews due to excessive focus on wokism propaganda, good sales but fails to meet expectations)
  • TLOU3 SP only (crossgen with PS6, hopefully killing Abby in the intro and featuring Joel as the protagonist during most of the game)
  • Uncharted MP GaaS (crossgen with PS6)
Games I expect them to outsource totally or almost totally:
  • Uncharted 5/spinoff (SP only): codeveloped with Bend, SSM or Bluepoint
  • TLOU2 Director's Cut (outsourced to Nixxes or Iron Galaxy): PS5 and PC sku of TLOU adding some of the improvements added in TLOUP1, to be released next to season 2 of the tvs show
  • Uncharted 'Call of the mountain' VR game: with Firesprite
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection Remastered (outsourced to Nixxes or Iron Galaxy): PS5 and PC version, as they did with the previous collection
the same as other PS games
Just like MLB, Gran Turismo, Astro, Dreams, Sackboy or all the MP games they just announced.

Btw some fans complained very loudly because they announced some MP games.

I would love to see them do a Sci Fi Game
Same here. Druckmann would love to work on Cowboy Bebop or Punisher. A single player only narrative AAA action adventure game inspired by Cowboy Bebop with some Punisher touches would be great.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
Anything but Last of Us please...

I've given up on anything Uncharted since the rumors have gone nowhere, but I'm still hoping they go back to lighthearted adventure style in some form. Maybe in a new IP.
Hello my little cute!
well, I hope for some Last of Us sequel this gen, and some new ip too

Given Sony's direction, I think something live-service with Uncharted or Last of Us tied in.

P.S. I think they peaked in the medium during PS3 generation. No amount of realistic modeling or animation can make their future output live up to it.

kaizenkko

A new IP, TLOU3, or even some multiplayer shit. Literally anything from Naughty Dog would hype me... Because it's Naughty Dog. Those guys are doing masterpieces one after the other, so they have my confidence.

Neil Wokeman? That's some funny shit 🤣 seriously though TLOU3 it has to be, TLOU2 was so good.

Dude they are making a new IP. They have to eventually. How some of you dont want to see a dev like ND do something else is terrifying.

But on topic, a space epic would be amazing and something we havent seen at the caliber of what ND can do. The cowboy bebop inspired idea would be incredible.

Last edited:

ABnormal

Fantasy setting, grounded combat with solid animations. Preferably open world, action RPG.

Or a space opera.

Being in a Uncharted mood rn, I'd love an Uncharted 5...do it Naughty God

Imagine if they work on another studio's IP as a change...imagine them being up to the task of continuing Sly Cooper. Would be fascinating

Gojiira

Savage Starlight, it has to be. I dont think it will be open world, I think it will be kinda like Jedi Fallen Order across multiple planets.
If its not this I expect it will be a totally new ip BUT I teally hope they are making a adventure game set in the Destiny universe, would love to see big, crazy set pieces from that universe.

Fbh

My guess is something similar to their current games:
A third person action adventure game that combines shooting with light platforming and exploration.
The tone will be serious/dramatic with some jokes sprinkled around the banter between the characters, though I don't think it will be quite as dark as TLOU
Main character will likely be a woman though I could also see them doing a man/woman duo
Amazing graphics and animation

Hot take warning:
The initial showing will have at least some degree of bullshit and there's going to be a downgrade in the final release, though even after the downgrade it's going to be one of the best looking games around.
The pacing will be awful
While the combat and setpiece moments will be awesome, the gameplay outside of combat will continue to suck.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
If we're talking single-player, a period or fantasy setting would be cool for a Naughty Dog game.
All of their games since PS3 have taken place in some sort of contemporary setting.

Top Bottom