• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kind of game you imagine coming from Naughty Dog?

VEZ1R

Neo Member
How can you say that when they haven't released (or even shown) a game since then (except for the TLOU1 remake)? What is "current ND"?
TLOU2 had pretty big red flags all over it. If you don't see that or won't agree, than i hope you're right and i'm wrong. Because i love ND's perpective of games.

twinspectre

You know what they say.. boring people get bored. The Last of Us is far from boring or being slow, Part 2 has incredible moments.

But back on topic. I hope their next game is set on another planet(s) with horror elements

You do know a well made "montage" can make miracles right?
Videogames aren't Movies....end of the story.
EDIT: that montage is a bunch of "Wow moments"
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Last edited:

damidu

they pretty much perfected tps gameplay with tlou2 to well above industry standarts.
dont see them not to build on top of it and start from scrtach with a complete different genre.
an arcade-fantasy from them sounds intriguing though, their animation tech in a swordplay, magic casting etc.

Camreezie

I imagine a 2025 story driven cinematic third person shooter game from a previously existing franchise with a ridiculously unnecessary amount of detail which makes them take 5 years. You can see the ants on the floor this time :O 10/10

RCU005

They are The Last of Us studios now. I can't imagine them doing something else. Hopefully I am wrong, though, and they surprise us with a new IP.

Other thing, Sony's focus on GaaS might mean that many studios will be "forced" to do these kind of projects. In fact, I believe that the reason that Sony is so quiet about first party games (which has never happened before) is that most of them are GaaS.

Last edited:
They are The Last of Us studios now. I can't imagine them doing something else. Hopefully I am wrong, though, and they surprise us with a new IP.

Other thing, Sony's focus on GaaS might mean that many studios will be "forced" to do these kind of projects. In fact, I believe that the reason that Sony is so quiet about first party games (which has never happened before) is that most of them are GaaS.
I don't suspect we'll see anything from the Last of Us beyond the future third game.

The studio themselves have hinted several times now that they're working on an un-announced IP, makes a lot of sense. If they were to make 3 TLOU games in a row they would have stagnated the studio's creativity which is a dangerous place to be in.

If the rumors are true that it's a fantasy IP they're working on, then I think it'll give ND a good chance at flexing a lot of their creative muscles, and also push them to expand in areas which they have been historically weak at such as narrow gameplay and combat mechanics.

A third person Medieval Dragon fighting game. Some gameplay like Lair but also fighting dragons and enemies with melee combat.

I just want to ride a dragon through a Naughty Dog thunderstorm.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The greatest video game ever produced with the most cutting edge visuals and animation outside of a Hollywood production, with visceral combat that puts the rest of the genre to shame

Can’t wait

Top Bottom