• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kind of game you imagine coming from Naughty Dog?

Musilla

Sci fi linear narrative game in the style of blade runner.
blade-runner-2049-causa-peugeot-perde-ancor-arrivare-tribunale-v6-431987-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:

Billbofet

I would much prefer another Uncharted-like game than another Last of Us, but tighter.
LoU2 and Uncharted 4 outstayed their welcome quite a bit for me - but I still loved it all.
A Science Fiction setting would be amazing!

Doczu

Another story heavy, single player, cinematic experience with the same gameplay as their story heavy, single player, cinematic experience from two generations ago

Robb

Gold Member
I’d love to see something new but I’m definitely expecting more TLoU. Especially with the popularity of the show.

They’re going to want to milk that cow until it’s dry.

Moses85

Games I expect them to develop mostly in-house this generation:
  • TLOU MP GaaS game
  • AAA SP only new IP (non white, non hetero -possibly trans- female protagonist, polarized reviews due to excessive focus on wokism propaganda, good sales but fails to meet expectations)
  • TLOU3 SP only (crossgen with PS6, hopefully killing Abby in the intro and featuring Joel as the protagonist during most of the game)
  • Uncharted MP GaaS (crossgen with PS6)
Games I expect them to outsource totally or almost totally:
  • Uncharted 5/spinoff (SP only): codeveloped with Bend, SSM or Bluepoint
  • TLOU2 Director's Cut (outsourced to Nixxes or Iron Galaxy): PS5 and PC sku of TLOU adding some of the improvements added in TLOUP1, to be released next to season 2 of the tvs show
  • Uncharted 'Call of the mountain' VR game: with Firesprite
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection Remastered (outsourced to Nixxes or Iron Galaxy): PS5 and PC version, as they did with the previous collection

Just like MLB, Gran Turismo, Astro, Dreams, Sackboy or all the MP games they just announced.

Btw some fans complained very loudly because they announced some MP games.

Same here. Druckmann would love to work on Cowboy Bebop or Punisher. A single player only narrative AAA action adventure game inspired by Cowboy Bebop with some Punisher touches would be great.
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

GymWolf

Another boring, derivative story with top of the line graphic, animations and digital acting.

Hopefully we get tlou3 with an upgraded violence engine or a new ip with the same level of violence.

Cyborg

Im so surprised that ND is such a slow developer. Looking at them and others they just seem to develop games so slowly, really unexpected.

ProtoByte

Point of inquiry: Why does Haley Gross not get more blame for TLOU2's plot? If anything, the Hollywoodified stench seems pretty clearly to come from her just as much, if not more than Druckmann.

Kagrenac

Neo Member
DnD game with memorable party members, slow paced and more grounded combat, dramatic moments with gore included. Gotta work that tlou2 engine.

GymWolf

Hot take warning:
The initial showing will have at least some degree of bullshit and there's going to be a downgrade in the final release, though even after the downgrade it's going to be one of the best looking games around.
The pacing will be awful
While the combat and setpiece moments will be awesome, the gameplay outside of combat will continue to suck.
That's the coldest hot take i ever readed.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

We know it's gonna be forced agenda as fuck for better or worse coming from them nowadays but as long as it good it doesn't ultimately matter I guess, hopefully it's a cool Sci fi setting. I'd also take a brand new type of 3d Platformer if they cared to make one.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Oh, are you one of those new age gamers that thinks botw and souls are the "real" video games, And are an example of how gaming should be done? "Gameplay first" am I right.lol

This mindset is ruining the medium tbh.
Gameplay first is good, actually.
I didn't know the very thing that defines the medium is what's "ruining it".

There's only three options here.

#1 Their next game is more than likely The Last of Us Part 3in order to capitalize on the HBO show and wrap up the story.

#2 Savage Starlight or some sort of Sci-Fi planet hopping adventure. If you though their environment artists were already great, just imagine what they could do with alien worlds that have no limitations.

#3 Something that I personally want to see after one of their artists posted those concept art pieces on Artstation with Dragons, a medieval fantasy game. Imagine having an airborne Dragon duel while flying through a massive Naughty Dog thunderstorm in the clouds.

What ever it is I just can't wait to see them push water physics technology to the absolute limit. They are the best in the business for that.

Savage Starlight, it has to be. I dont think it will be open world, I think it will be kinda like Jedi Fallen Order across multiple planets.
If its not this I expect it will be a totally new ip BUT I teally hope they are making a adventure game set in the Destiny universe, would love to see big, crazy set pieces from that universe.
This is exactly how it'll be if they make it. Planet hopping, large open levels. Think the Lost Legacy free roam level but per multiple planets. They showed with that game that they could make more detailed levels than the Jedi dev team with no loading issues of any kind.

Im so surprised that ND is such a slow developer. Looking at them and others they just seem to develop games so slowly, really unexpected.
It's because individual water droplets fall from the ceiling, splash and then ripple in puddles. You don't get that when making a game in 3 years.

Last edited:

EruditeHobo

Sci fi linear narrative game in the style of blade runner.

Yes please! ND Punisher also sounds incredible... not that it would ever happen or anything.

But honestly, I just want them to do whatever they want to do...

They're obviously working on that multiplayer game with official concept art -- post-apocalyptic epic online/co-op/pvp game with narrative elements, perhaps like a version of the division based in TLOU universe? -- that looks and sounds amazing and, I'd love to see what they did working in that genre.

But wasn't there also the other concept art, which looked kind of like a ND/TLOU-esque version of a fantasy setting? So if ND is going to do a riff on game of thrones or something, I mean that too sounds really good.

And of course if they wanted to make TLOU3 next, I'd be super into that too.

They're a top, top dev, and unless their next reveal for the project looks incredibly, inexplicably awful for some reason... I'm just here for whatever they want to deliver next.

A game like Stray, but with a naughty dog as the main character.

You Got Me GIF by HULU

Top Bottom