• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Netflix Videogame Adaptations Would You Like to See?

Plasma

Banned
Not based on the actual game but a TV show about Rapture in Bioshock before it goes to shit could be cool.

SOLDIER

please make an anime as cool as this box art
ninja-gaiden.jpg

I would like to emphasize that any series based on an old videogame property should also follow the timeframe of said property.

I wouldn't want Ninja Gaiden to be modernized: we already have the last few games for that. I would want this series to feel like an 80's ninja movie, from the music to the clothing to the filters. Same thing as my Rondo of Blood example above.

Yeah, man, Dark Souls would be gr-

wait, is that Dark Souls? That better not be some WoW thing....

_Ryo_

Already happened, I think.

Dragon+Warrior.jpg

Come on people, be creative. Don't just shout out franchises. Which Metroid would you want adapted? Does Starfox stick with his original crew or is Krystal part of the team? What animation studios or styles are involved?

I'm kind of amazed you took the time to reply to tell us how much you don't care.

Thats old. Was not on netflix. I posted what I want to see as a series on the Netflix platform which allows for greater freedom and expression than normal traditional television. That there has been other anime from the series mentioned is completely irrelevant.

SOLDIER

Actually, I think it'd be AWESOME if they go back and redub the show in the same way as a modern Dragon Quest game (British voice actors and modern localization). It'll never happen, but still ;_;

Speaking of stuff that'll never happen. I still love the idea of a live-action Zelda series with the creatures and makeup done by the Jim Henson Creature Shop. It's clear they love Nintendo, and I think if anything else they would do great work.

Zelda would simultaneously be the easiest and most difficult game to adapt.

The setting is there, the characters and creatures are there. You can easily make something grand out of it.

But the problem is Link. People will debate endlessly over whether Link should speak or not, and if they choose the latter option you know that everyone is going to argue about the voice.

Rise of Ganon is what I'm aiming for: his rise from a Gerudo child to the eventual demon king. Like God of War, only several steps below on the sex and violence.

Legend of Zelda. Have to start with Ocarina of Time. Not sure how Link would work of if Navi will have to speak for him like Afro Samurai.

SOLDIER

The team taking on various mercenary jobs sounds pretty perfect for an episodic format.

Bonus points if it's the Starfox 2 crew. Krystal can join later.

Honestly, what I've been hoping for is Nintendo officially endorsing A Fox in Space, and giving the guy in charge a bigger production studio to make the episodes happen.

I keep waiting endlessly for the second episode and wonder if he'll manage to get it done.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
reviving captain n and putting high quality production and better care for the properties they add in would be cool as well

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
God yes.

Does it become a modern reboot, or does Kevin lose his shit when he discovers the Nintendo 64 dimension?

i mean go nuts have him cross over with everything as long as i can get him into maniac mansion land and shadowgate land then everything else is icing on the top

megalowho

I'd watch a Psychonauts animated series in the Williams Street style. Tim as executive producer and Erik Wolpaw as lead writer. Could retell the first game in anticipation of the sequel or just tell standalone stories.

If they started with Castlevania, I'd like another Konami adaption

psx-291-21312224004.jpg

I think it would transfer perfectly over into an Anime series.

Goofy Crash Bandicoot saturday morning cartoon kind of deal. They teased it in the Skylanders show and Activision Blizzard's in bed with Netflix so make it happen.

Castef

Banned
Mmmh...

A Bioshock series would be great. Both animated or live action.

Also, a Zak McKracken tv series by the people who made Dirk Gently, please.

Last but not least, something based on Titanfall would be great.

Stiler

j71U8Vf.jpg

grNpVs1.jpg

ptItt5d.jpg

Would love to see any of them.

I think Sanitarium/Gabriel Knight would be great with a live action adaptation.

I know this isn't what the OP is talking about but I misread the title as what Netflix show would you like to see in a video game and realized that I would love to see a studio take a stab at a Stranger Things video game.

GrayDock

Metal Gear hands down.

And I think Chrono Trigger would be nice too, with a all the ends as options, like episode 1, 2 ,3, 3F, 4, 5, 5F, etc. I'm dreaming, I know :/

GavinUK86

Not based on the actual game but a TV show about Rapture in Bioshock before it goes to shit could be cool.

The novel was really good so all they'd have to do is adapt that.

I would love a Deus Ex series. Set it in the Denton era or the Jensen one. Both are good.

An easy one would be Alan Wake. That's begging for a TV series.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Castlevania looks good because it's a good looking dark anime, so i'm not a fan of wasting that talent for some coloful games like zelda for example, something dark and twisted would be better, like this:
250px-Screamcover.jpg

or silent hill
Bimgkonami-silent-hill-3-ps2.JPG

Kalor

Since the Castlevania announcement I've been thinking a lot about that Zelda rumour. It'd be a great match for an anthology series with different Links over the years. Other than that maybe Ys. Can't think of a lot of shows that would work well.

Zelda
It works really well for Anime or TV can easily change protagonists/companions every season covering one of the game's story and themes.

tumblr_nr372i4mL11sgsb5co1_500.gif

tumblr_n6yuxtEshV1qbtlzqo2_500.gif

tumblr_ofnikyN8uc1vie8nao1_400.gif

tumblr_n6yq1eIr7Q1rv5cqqo3_400.gif

Top Bottom