• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs would you pay 50 dollars to never hear again?

noquarter

Eagles, everything by them. Especially Desperado and Hotel California.

Ed Sheeran. Can't stand the songs of his on the radio, and they get played so much.

KoopaTheCasual

Shape Of You
Shut Up and Dance

Yes, I know they are pop songs and will be out of the cycle in less than 12 months, but I can't deal with them anymore!

StargazerXL

I discovered recently that if I listen to the new wave station on Sirius it eliminates garbage like Madonna and wham and creates a more pleasant 80s channel.

Agreed, except that station relies too hard on U2. Nothing wrong with U2 but I wouldn't call their music "new wave." It's a little discordant.

On-topic: I have several songs I'd pay to delete forever:

"We Built This City" - Starship
"Sussudio" - Phil Collins
"One of Us" - Joan Osborne
"Thank God I'm A Country Boy" - John Denver
"Hey Mickey" - Toni Basil

harmonize

can we pretend that airplanes
in the night sky
are like shooting stars

giphy.gif

Roi

Seeing a lot of great songs here. Sometimes the 'classics' become overplayed but I can't imagine never hearing those songs again!

Personally I cant stand all those Ed Sheeran songs on the radio, I just find them incredibly boring. And they are on every station, multiple times a day, ugh..
Also I'm already bored by Despacito (Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee), probably going to hear it a lot this summer..

DopeToast

Banned
There's no song I dislike enough to make it worth that amount of money. Sometimes songs I don't like at least make me chuckle or something.

chekhonte

Agreed, except that station relies too hard on U2. Nothing wrong with U2 but I wouldn't call their music "new wave." It's a little discordant.

Oh god, why did you have to remind me tha tPhil Collins exists!

Also this song sits on the edge of the cliff ready for me to kick it off and let it be dashed on the rocks below but there's something about it. I hate it but it's the kind of hate that tickles me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I would subscribe to your mailing list. I had the same reaction to that and a couple of others.

segasonic

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio
is a a great, great song, a personal favorite.

GamerJM

Banned
Probably none. Not that there aren't songs that I hate but none that much. It's a very mild level of intensity of hatred. Like 50 dollars isn't a lot of money but it's still enough to buy a full priced game or watch a few movies, I'd rather do that then prevent a song from being played again.

Rockin' Robin - Bobby Day
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles
Hotel California - The Eagles
Rancid - Time Bomb
No Rain - Blind Melon
Every single fucking song they ever recorded - Sublime

Hello- Adele
Umbrella- Rhianna
Work- Rhianna
Beverly Hills- Weezer
Evanescence- Bring Me to Life
Gives you Hell- All-American Rejects
I'm Just a Kid- Simple Plan
Anything from Imagine Dragons, Tiger Army and Fall Out Boy
This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)- Natalie Cole

Mr. Blue Sky, because it's one of the most insanely catchy songs of all-time. By even just writing its title I know I've condemned myself to a week or more of it randomly popping up in my head.

88random

How isn't 7 years everyone's answer? I can't get over how horrible that song is. It actually upsets me. Like how did any of the producers think in the studio "oh yeah this is a hot tune"? Hot garbage maybe.

7 yearsssss oooooollllld *lame ass jingle*

Solid choice, what an awful song.

iFirez

I'd happily drop all my savings on removing the entire musical genres of rap and metal from this world.

The only rap I've ever liked is Eminem and Childish Gambino. Plus all my friends love metal and it is literally just screaming and heavy bass to me.

Top Bottom