• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What songs would you pay 50 dollars to never hear again?

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I'd happily drop all my savings on removing the entire musical genres of rap and metal from this world.

The only rap I've ever liked is Eminem and Childish Gambino. Plus all my friends love metal and it is literally just screaming and heavy bass to me.

I'd even mortgage my house to get rid of such auditive filth.

Addi

DE-SPA-CITO

get

Yeah, this one right now.

Also:
- I would walk 500 miles
- Everything from Twenty One Pilots, Kygo and The Chainsmokers

All christmas songs

Seriously, I don't want to spend a month hearing the same songs everywhere I go.

If I can pay $50 a year to never hear them again I would.

Turkish March
Symphony no.9
Air on G string
One-winged Angel
Skyrim main theme
Pachebel Cannon

Awful.

I'd happily drop all my savings on removing the entire musical genres of rap and metal from this world.

The only rap I've ever liked is Eminem and Childish Gambino. Plus all my friends love metal and it is literally just screaming and heavy bass to me.

Lol.

Also, ha ha at Childish Gambino. Great example of a rapper whose shitty ass albums would be better off not existing.

Poppy

i remember being a teenager

Hylian7

"Fight Song" by Rachel Platten

The reason being that Hillary Clinton used it as the theme song in her campaign, which she fucked up in, and regardless if she fucked up or not, still lost to the Cheeto. I can't help but think of how fucked the situation is every time I hear that song now. Granted maybe the situation will be less fucked when this Russia shit gets more places, but still the damage is done as far as the song goes.

toniiiiiiight
We are young

This. And everything else from fun. I mean, isn't that song about beating women? Doesn't help that in general it sounds terrible.

I would add Missio - Middle Fingers to that list. Really just a generally bad song with nothing pleasing about it.

This thread has a pretty great selection of songs that deserve to be removed from the air.

Diabelli

What's wrong with this?

Yeah, the inclusion of that one is a bit odd given the rest of the list. Perhaps Usobuko means the ode to joy theme and not the entire piece. In the context of the entire symphony, the theme is brilliant, but it's been so pervasive and overplayed in films, popular culture and even fucking ads, that I could see how someone could become disengaged and even annoyed with it.

Personally, I hold the same opinion as Bernstein; I never tire of it no matter how many times I listen to it. It's soul enriching music, and it has that rare quality of feeling like an event every time I listen to it. Once I put it on, I listen to the entire fucking thing.

Forgot a few:

Mad World- Gary Jules
Problem- Ariana Grande

Also, fad songs like:

Macarena- Los Del Rio
The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)- Ylvis
Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)- Silento
And while we are at it, that fuckin Chicken Dance song too. I hate that shit!

Hello by Adele.

More like Hell, ugh.

Listed that one too. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking this!

Don't Stop Believing....

Fuck that song.
A friend of mine hates this song so sometimes I just start texting him the lyrics. I also taught it to my small child who sang it, recorded it, and then we sent the video.

My karmic reward for these shenanigans is another friend who hides links to Snow's Informer so I click on them unawares, which would be my choice for this thread. Luckily I rarely encounter it since it's old and terrible but I HATE that song and it will get stuck in my head for days.

I'm on board with wiping out Coldplay. All of it.

Are you British?

If I never have to hear Rockstar from Nickelback ever again (and it's been some years due to being away from their main regional marketplace) that would be great.

Yes I am. It has to be the most over played song in this country. I can remember it being constantly on from 2006...

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?

Ohhhhh boy here we go. If there was no metal or hip-hop I wouldn't even listen to music.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's wrong with Despacito? The original is a good song XD

I don't think I'd pay 50 bucks for any song. Music is a treasure.

pablito

Still hating on entire genres in 2017 smh. And this only would have been better by you liking Em and Hopsin lol.

To be fair, so many motifs are overplayed to the point of nasaeu. I love Symphony No. 5 but for christ sakes. Shut up with repeating the opening notes, classical noobs.

JustinT

Neo Member
My local rock station still plays Finger Eleven's Paralyzer constantly. 50 bucks well spent.

...but I had no idea people hate Wonderwall so much.

Sheroking

I have only 2:

Little Drummer Boy. The parumpumpum part actually hits my nerves like nails on a chalkboard. Don't know why, it just does.

Hotel California. It's probably a good song, but that is now lost on me, because I had a roommate who would get drunk with friends every couple weeks and BLAST this, signing along to it at max volume, every damn time. I've been woken up by Hotel California more than I have been by anything else.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Everything by Luke Bryan. It's douchebag pop country in the worst possible sense.

Afterlife

Well the first that comes to mind is Somthing just like this by Coldplay. I hate that song so much idk how people like that song.

LionPride

Banned

This is some dumbass shit right here

Top Bottom