• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game that year? 2007 edition.

RBIYF

Neo Member
2007 was my favorite year in gaming alongside 1998. Such an great year in gaming.

Portal gets my nod as my favorite...though BioShock, Super Mario Galaxy and HL2: EpisodeTwo aren't far behind.

kromeo

Final Fanatsy Tactics psp just ahead of Bioshock I think, I'd already played it but handheld was the perfect place for that game

The other standouts for me were Eternal Sonata, COD4, GOW2, Rogue Galaxy.. I liked Jade Empire but I'm pretty sure it was the Xbox version I played

Kazooie

Banned
1. Halo 3
2. Modern Warfare
3. Mario Galaxy
4. Uncharted Drake's Fortune
5. TeS Oblivion

What an amazing year full of quality titles.

Halo 3 was something else, the best online community I've ever known. A preposterously large online population, an amazing competitive scene, amazing custom games and custom maps.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Halo 3
3. Team Fortress 2
4. God of War 2
5. Half-Life 2 Episode 2
6. Metroid Prime 3
7. Portal
8. Call of Duty 4
9. Contra 4
10. Crysis

back when games were good amirite

Woffls

Mass Effect
Super Mario Galaxy
Guitar Hero II
Halo 3

I can't narrow the list any further. I know which of those is the "best" game, but the others were a huge deal for me.

Mass Effect was my favourite franchise of the generation and I completed that game like ten times. I just absolutely loved the story and the vibes, and yeah I enjoyed the combat when I got half decent at it. Insanity was brutal tho. Damn.

I hated Halo until I got into 3 and have since decided it's my favourite shooter franchise. I really didn't get it, but since it clicked nothing has touched it. The combat is a genuine thrill.

Guitar Hero... well, I just got real invested in it and had a lot of fun pushing myself to improve. I got fairly good but I'll never be happy with the achievements I left behind. I still play it when I visit a couple of friends and it's always a good time.

Honourable Mentions:
PGR4 - 2nd fav racing game (preferred PGR3)
Super Paper Mario - My first Paper Mario so I found it super funny.
Portal - Refreshing, perfectly paced, sorta funny, portals were cool.

2007 itself is unquestionably in the top 2 best years in gaming. Nothing this decade has even been close so far... but hopefully next year will be worthy.

Nielm

1. Mass Effect
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
3. BioShock
4. Halo 3
5. Portal

It was a great year for gaming.

2007 itself is unquestionably in the top 2 best years in gaming. Nothing this decade has even been close so far... but hopefully next year will be worthy.

tbh, I preferred 2011/2013/2015. 2011 was actually around the time I started getting back into gaming a ton. It still has one of the craziest fall/holiday seasons I remember.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime

Great year, and several other great games, but those were the standouts. Especially the first 2. The Mass Effect trilogy is up their among my all time favorites and I've been gaming since the NES (with a little Atari before that when very young).

DrD

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

Warhawk is my runner-up. Didn't get the game until 2008 after trying out the demo and loving it. Must've put over 100 hours into the demo alone.

Skikkiks

1. Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations
2. Team Fortress 2
3, Guitar Hero 3/Rock Band
4. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
5. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
6. God of War 2
7. Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
8. Super Mario Galaxy
9. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
10. Pokemon Diamond & Pearl

pretty good year, shoutouts to the Warhawk demo

DJChuy

Warhawk. I spent countless hours on it, and I would practically play it everyday. Never been so addicted to a game before.

Mario Galaxy is my runner-up.

Staf

Probably Mass effect but i didn't play that until it was out on PS3 way, way later. I did play and love Bioshock in 2007 though.

kswiston

I can't pick one title for 2007.

Ignoring ports/remakes:

Mass Effect
Bioshock
Super Mario Galaxy
Portal

in no order. Radiant Dawn or Persona 3 would round out my top 5.

Or Uncharted.

aRxuYti.jpg

Warhawk (PS3)

Game of the gen.

UrbanRats

SKATE, followed by Super Mario Galaxy.

Before seeing those two i was really struggling to pick a game i really loved from the list.

Those two make up for everything, though.

Yawnier

Banned
COD4 was easily my most played game from that year with the multiplayer so I have to choose that. But come to think of it I played a bunch of Warhawk as well.

God damn that was a stacked year for gaming though. I really liked all of SMG, Bioshock, The Orange Box, God of War 2, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Uncharted 1, Persona 3.

Jaraghan

This is a tough one. Halo 3 is probably my most played multiplayer game and the amount of fun I had in customs was insane. Bioshock also blew me away with the story and atmosphere, and the twist came out of nowhere which I loved.

But I think I'll give it to Oblivion. It was my first RPG which was massively open world. I'll never forget stepping out of the sewer gate and seeing mountains in the distance. It blew my mind because I had never seen a game on that scale before.

krang

Wow, what a year that was.

Halo 3, for me. So many hours plunged into MP, and trick-jumping to collect all the skulls.

But Forza 2, Bioshock and of course, the Orange Box as honourable mentions.

Edit: holy shit, PGR4. Ok, that wins.

Absolutely Mass Effect. I played a metric tonne of Halo 3 and loved it but I still play and love Mass Effect 1 as both game and franchise to this day.

Next time give us a 56K Warning. Geese.

Also Mario Galaxy was the game of that whole generation. I truly feel that 07 was one of, if not the best year in gaming. I know thats subjective, but theres allot of great games that pushed new boundaries that year and are still being talked to this day.

Super Mario Galaxy. Best Mario game, and one of the very best games I've ever played.

Runners up:
Bioshock
Portal
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
God of War II

Godcannon

At that time my favorite from what I actually played then were:

Halo 3 MP- I didn't own an XB1, but my friends and I played a LOT of Split Screen back in the day. I still think this is the best MP ever made.

What I played later on:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma- I really enjoyed this, it was pretty brutal.

Crysis- Played only a few years ago. I actually started with 2, which I really enjoyed, but this one was mind blowing. Don't care about what people say toward the end, it felt like 2 AMAZING games in one.

Motorstorm- Fantastic racer with Smooth controls and great cinematics. Love the chaos and destruction while racing and trying to stay alive.

What I shamefully still need to play:

Mario galaxy- supposed to be one of the best Wii games, I have a Wii U and have beaten 3d World, so it's a head scratcher why I haven't played it yet, I wish I knew.

cireza

This is the year where I got Virtua Fighter 5 on 360 and got the 1000G on it. Amazing game.

Also, Halo 3 and Virtua Tennis 3.

Top Bottom