• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game that year? 2007 edition.

Kater

Banned
Mass Effect

Honorouble mentions: Portal and Bioshock

Good year for Sci-Fi fans, now that I look through that list.

RoKKeR

Have to give it to Halo 3 here. Was the game that literally got me into "gaming", and I have made countless friends because of it.

alexbull_uk

2007 was an amazing year.

Halo 3 was top for me, closely followed by:

CoD4, Portal, and Super Mario Galaxy. Warhawk gets a special mention, too.

If feels a bit unfair to include The Orange Box as it consists of five great games- two from previous years and three which are listed here individually. If it was excluded my first choice would be Mario Galaxy. Although I played neither of these in 2007. If I was restricted to games I played that year it would definitely be Okami. (The European PS2 release was in 2007)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Top three is really easy and in its own class imo:

Super Mario Galaxy
Civ IV Beyond the Sword (best civ ever)
Europa Universalis 3 - the groundwork for an amazing game, even though the vanilla version was pretty buggy. I still have the collectors edition!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Crackdown
Mass Effect
Project Gotham Racing 4
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (only played FES and Portable, perhaps shouldn't count?

Can't include Rock Band because of the delay in Europe but that certainly would have been a contender.

What a crazy year.

SugarDave

Amazing year but I have to put Mass Effect and Call of Duty 4 at the top. ME ignited a love for a series that continues to this day and COD4 was the first multiplayer I poured a significant amount of time into. So many fun times with friends.

Van Bur3n

I'd have to say Bioshock, but Halo 3 was my most played and is definitely a very close favorite as well. So many hours in just custom games alone. Those were the good old days of Halo. When you could go on your recent players list and find any random playing custom games and join freely and they'd have no problem with it. The more the merrier. As I said, the good old days.

Mass Effect, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC, TES IV: Oblivion, and The Witcher being other favorites of that year.

Crixus

gpmjKAI.jpg

WzHZjRh.jpg

I'd have to say Bioshock, but Halo 3 was my most played and is definitely a very close favorite as well. So many hours in just custom games alone. Those were the good old days of Halo. When you could go on your recent players list and find any random playing custom games and join freely and they'd have no problem with it. The more the merrier. As I said, the good old days.

Mass Effect, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SoC, TES IV: Oblivion, and The Witcher being other favorites of that year.

Halo 3 is something that wouldn't be my favorite now, but man was it consuming my online time in 2007 along with Rock Band.

Funny Halo 3 story:

My manager (at the time) and I were playing online with a bunch of his friends, including this guy from the UK, all in party chat. It had been MONTHS since I had played Halo 3, so I was sucking wind, and his British friend was a smartass. We go into a 2v2v2v2 game, and the two of us get paired up.

So we're playing, I'm getting killed a lot, but he's kicking ass. At some point, we're split up, I'm searching for weapons, and I hear him shouting, "Shit, I'm being double-teamed!"

So I went, "Don't worry! I'm coming!"

And he goes, "Oh? Oh, you're coming? Well don't I feel so much better now that you're coming to save me?"

Never was owned like that before and I haven't been owned as badly since. xD~~

Unicorn

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl for sure. I imported Diamond form JP and beat it without understanding a word, frequenting forums for where to go next. I then played through US Pearl and sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into team building and breeding and the underground.

Best game since Gold/Silver and only usurped by HeartGold/SoulSilver. I still haven't played Platinum though.

I would say Modern Warfare too, but I bought it that holiday before I even bought a 360 so I didn't play it until mid 2008.

I dont think I played anything else then WoW:tbc during that year. My high school years was all about wow, skateboard and movies.

noomi

Dude! You jumped 10 years from last thread :( Hope you come back to older years again!

For me though, god if war, bioshock, crysis, galaxy. I still love bioshock till this day, ara mah heart.

KraytarJ

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. The Orange Box
3. Ace Attorney 3
4. Ace Attorney 2
5. Super Paper Mario

I don't count Persona 3 because I never played the original version.

ChrisD

Well, Super Mario Galaxy, du--

*Pokemon Diamond/Pearl*

WHY WOULD YOU FORCE ME TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE TWO

YOU CAN'T CHOOSE A FAVORITE CHILD

Stupidly hard to choose, probably one of Portal, Team Fortress 2 (although I'd argue that it didn't really reach its peak as a thing until a few years later, around when it went F2P), HL2 Ep. 2 (also it's insane that all three of these were released in one $60 package) or Bioshock. I love Mass Effect, Crysis, Modern Warfare and Stalker as well. The best year for first person shooters ever?

I thought Persona 3 was a 2006 game (maybe it was in Japan).

I think the best games I played that year were Persona 3, Bioshock and Halo 3. Blue Dragon was fun too.

Now that I think about it, 2007 was the year I started to take Japanese private lessons, half a year later I'd enroll to a Japanese language school.

Dude! You jumped 10 years from last thread :( Hope you come back to older years again!

For me though, god if war, bioshock, crysis, galaxy. I still love bioshock till this day, ara mah heart.

No worries! I'm going to jump around, but I'm going to cover every year all the way back to at least 91.

Monocle

Halo 3. So many good memories.

Portal and Mass Effect are very special games that I'll never forget. Great year.

World of Warcraft: the Burning Crusades. So much fun playing with friends. I'd say Halo 3, but I was really disappointed in the game after playing so much Halo 1 and 2. Still played a ton of Halo 3 regardless, but WoW was easily my favorite of 2007. And barf on Mario Galaxy. What an abomination.

Rogue Galaxy was 2007? Huh.. I thought it was much earlier, but wikipedia says 2007 for EU. Interesting. Didn't finish it due to a save bug, but that's probably my pick then. Loved Blue Dragon too, but I can't remember when I played it.

Koren

Galaxy or Bioshock, but there were a lot of great games.

Etrian Odyssey! Not on the list in the OP but with ten years to look back I have to put it up as my favorite.
I don't remember whether it was 2007 (I backlogged it, played it in february 2010), but it was a really good game.

fuuuuck meeee that year was so good I can't even pick. There are sooooo many I have to honour.

btw correction: "Rogue Galaxy (PS3)" should be PS2

Halo 3, and to a lesser extent, Mass Effect and Pokemon. I don't think I'll really ever like another shooter to the extent that I liked Halo 3, tbh.

Top Bottom