• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your first video game?

mcz117chief

Space Hulk when I was 2 years old

2485.jpg

Oh, the memories. I still really like the game even though I have grown to hate the W40k universe over the last few years thx to GW.

MajorTom

Metal Gear Solid.
I was about 3 years old, my dad had just bought a ps1 and mgs. I saw him playing and asked if I could have a go. I didn't really do anything I think I just ran around for a couple minutes. I fell in love instantly and watched him play the rest of the game. That is the game that made me fall in love with games, it is the reason I am hoping to one day get into the game development industry.

Pong when I was 5 or 6, probably 1976 or thereabouts. A kid on my street was loaded, his Dad owned a nightclub so he had a console at home, his Dad also took us to the club during the day and let us play the arcade machines.

Pitfall I think on one of my family members Atari. I think ...

Hard to remember way back when. Ice Climbers, Super Mario, Pitfall, Combat, some stuff on the Commodore 64 ... all happened within a relatively short timeframe of one another.

Erasus

1st time playing one I don't actually remember.

1st one I bought with "my" money was pokemon blue for GB Pocket :3

It was either Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt on the NES or Adventure on the Atari 2600. We had a 2600 before the NES but I can never remember if I played on it as a kid before I got the NES.

Nemmy

Most likely the original Prince of Persia on the PC. I was 2 or something and I was watching my dad play rather than playing it myself, but it sparked my interest in videogames anyway.

Jelle

Super Mario Land on GameBoy (classic). I was 10 years ol and came from cheap 'brick game' handhelds so I was blown away by the graphics.

vanty

Mine was either Jill of the Jungle or Gorillas unless I played my mother's Parachute G&W before that. I think my neighbour's SNES was the first time I ever saw a console, was all just DOS action before that.

pikablu

Super Mario All Stars + World that came packed in with my Snes. I think that this collection of games really shaped me as a classic gamer. My love for the original mario games made me interested in more retro games like the original nintendo and even atari. Although I'm sure they we'rent considered too retro then. I think I probably got my snes in Christmas of 95 and I had it along with a genesis I found at a yard sale up until right when the ps2 was launched.

Top Bottom