• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': August 2015

Strike

Want to share your thoughts on what you're currently playing? Have a recommendation? Need a second opinion on a game you are playing or might be interested in playing? It could be a few sentences, a paragraph, a picture, gifs, even a video. Feel free to post in this thread anytime during the month. A new one usually goes up by the 1st of every month or the first weekend of every month.

bvbtteg.jpg

Resogun (PS4) - Trying to make my way through Experienced and Veteran modes.

jqMil4d.jpg

Resistance: Retribution (PSP via Vita BC) - Managed to put a little time in.

The Dog days of Summer and Gamescom are upon us once again. Whatcha been playin'?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Been playin' Rocket League, been playin' the shit out of Rocket League!

delSai

Ultra Street Fighter 4 on Ps4. Need to get better with T.Hawk and fighting online is too much fun. I should get Soul Calibur 5 soon and im going to take a break from SF4 to play that.

IGwoOKS.jpg

Invisible Inc. Actually managed to finish a runthrough yesterday after 5 hours of play. Time for the upper difficulties, I suppose. One game by Klei that might be their best.

FelipeMGM

Started playing Submerged yesterday, prob gonna finhish it today. Game is pretty impressive from a visual standpoint, movement is a bit cranky, But Im enjoying overall

JaCy

Dragon Quest (iOS) - I played the GBC version, but that was years ago. I plan on playing all except 7
;__;

Elder Scrolls Online (X1) - I've only been playing it for a few hours, but I'm liking it already.

Not much really backlog is clear so a bit of GTA online and FM2015, will try MGS which is free this month. Having a quiet month till Gears Ultimate is released and Q4 kicks off shortly after that, then we are all screwed lol.

N° 2048

Persona 4: Golden:

This game has thrown ever game I was playing aside. I've put 15 hours into in three days which is insane for me.
Sooo damn good!

P4g_boxart_USA.jpg

Trying to get through Steins;Gate. Beginning is kind of slow, especially since I've seen the anime already, but I'm still really enjoying it. Can't wait to get past the intro scenes but it's taking me longer than I expected.

Also been playing Idolmaster One For All and Rocket League every now and then. Wanna get back into Smite soon too.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS

Since coming back home for the summer, I've been playing more Smash since I've had my friends to hang out with. One thing I've been doing is amiibo training, since there's been a big boom in amiibo-only tournaments. I started carrying around a team of amiibo with me since my friend uses his N3DS XL to facilitate battles. It really is an interesting part of the Smash experience.

Also, with the new DLC, I've been enjoying the new stages and other bells and whistles. Tournament mode really needs some work, but the first one I did the other night was very fun.

I usually main Mario, and joke around with Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

Splatoon

With Splatfests, new weapons, new stages and me going through amiibo challenges, Splatoon continues to impress me. I usually have a loadout consisting of the Aerospray RG (with Ink Mine and Inkstrike), though I've been rotating with the N-ZAP '89 (with Sprinkler and Inkstrike) and Hero Roller Replica (with Suction Bomb and Killer Wail).

I cannot wait for the new content update next week, though I'll have to miss out on the Splatfest due to me attending a convention.

World End Economica - Episode 1

Started this a few days ago, and I have to say that I'm impressed with the stroytelling so far. I'm only in the beginning stages of the story, though I'm sure I have a long way to go.

Trove

I heard about the beta, but never got to join. After the full game release, I gave it a shot and found myself very delighted with the mechanics and look of the game. Much like Minecraft or Cube World, and endearing to a degree. I've reached level 12 over a two-week period, but after a while, I honestly got bored. It's an engaging game, but I think I've lost my love for MMOs... probably because I rarely had people to partner with.

One clan I was hanging around were the stereotypical online 12-year old kid type, and I backed far away.

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition

Still continuing along the ME3 story on Wii U. Nothing much to really say other that how much I'm smitten with the world of Mass Effect. I really wish EA had released the trilogy on Wii U, instead of just the third game.

MaddenNFL64

Finished Witcher 3 a few days ago.

witcher3_exe_2015_07_26_12_17_02_109.png

witcher3_exe_2015_07_24_05_55_01_076.png

Rollercoaster main story, loved it. Definitely GOTY 2015 so far.

Resubbed to SWTOR so I get all the rewards for Knights of the Fallen Empire. Playing as a Smuggler at the moment.

swtor_exe_2015_07_31_14_35_33_096.png

If you ever wanted to see a story where the protagonist will murder Jedi, and other good folk, because someone promised you sex, well here it is!

Salbug

Playing a bit of Rocket League, and am currently working my way through all of the Kirby games I own, and going for 100% in each. I just started though with Kirby's Adventure, and still need to finish that thanks to being distracted by SGDQ. About 3/4 of the way done with Kirby's Adventure actually.

Gears

About 8 hours into nier right now. Probably going to play psychonauts and then the metal gear series for the first time alongside it

- The Secret World: anxiously waiting for issue 12 and the new dungeons coming up.
- The Talos Principle: still doing the base game, might pick up the expansion later on.

Kuksune

Witcher 3 - finished it the other day, waiting for the NG+ update.

DOA5LR - Been trying to clear survival tag on legendary (hardest setting) got to 96 of 100 before i lost.

Skullgirls - i am somwhat crappy at 2d fighting games but this even i could play pretty good.

Driveclub - it was free for PS+ finally, bought the season pass and even a wheel controller for it.

Kid icarus uprising - damn its gud.

Counter Strike: GO - I get sucked into CS heavily at least once a year, and now is that time. Timeless game.

Honestly don't see myself playing much else besides the above, but I may check out PSO2 again which I first played last weekend. Wish there was a non-Asian release!

Anung

Un Rama
Juggling quite a few games at the minute.

- Last of Us MP -
- Rocket League
- Warframe - Just jumping on to get daily's and build some stuff.
- GTAV:O - A mix of heists and just murdering folk.
- Dead Rising 3
- State of Decay
- Bloodborne - Started a new character and going to focus on bloodtinge and arcane.

Got so many games to get through before MGSV drops.

Bowl0l

1. Life is Strange PS4 + Vita Remote Play
Able to play it while lying on the bed.

2. Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist PS4

3. Prof. Layton VS Ace Attorney 3DS
Don't really like seeing Maya skin
too white.
Is it a problem with my 3DS XL display?

T.O.P

Banned
Everything on PC
immagine2vqpx.png

Life is Strange keeps being INCREDIBLE

Also loving Dying Light (dat soundtrack) and Batman equally

Doofcake

Bought a PS4 yesterday morning and have been playing Rocket League non-stop since. It's as much crazy fun as I expected. Thanks NeoGAF.

bobawesome

MlWA773f9wsa44lkhc

I've been playing quite a bit of Xenoblade Chronicles for the New 3DS. It's a pretty good game but the graphics leave a bit to be desired. That said, I'm still amazed a game with such a grand scale was ported to a handheld. Could this potentially usurp Persona 4 Golden as my favorite handheld title? Who knows.

Oh, I also bought Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment for the PS4. I couldn't pass it up for the $20 price tag. I wish my Hollow Area, Research, and heroine data carried over, but oh well.

stn

The Witcher 2 (X360) - returned to this finally, think I'm gonna keep playing until I beat it.

I've returned to FF XIV after playing the 30 days when it launched in 2013... Me and friend have always tried to return but we always so busy with college, and then when summer came last year he was on vacation, now after all that time we've returned.

What a game. It is my first MMO and I can't stop playing. We started fresh (we left with our characters at lvl 25) so we can revisit the story and check out what has changed in 2-ish years. I've been spending way too much time playing Triple Triad lol.

I've also started Resident Evil Revelations, bought it for €5 at a retail store. Seems to be good, haven't played much so there it is.

anderedna

- [PSIV] Sword Art Online RE: Hollow Fragment : Solo Multiplayer @ Hollow Area. Still at floor 76
- [PSIV] Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remake : Episode 5
- [PSV] Mind '=, Zero : Phase 9

klee123

Bloodborne - Just a random chalice dungeon here and there
Neo Turf Masters(SNK Arcade classics on PS2) - Very addictive!
Final Fantasy X - Enjoying it despite my issues with the facial expressions of the main characters.

Mash83

Wolfenstein: the old blood - currently at the final boss. Pretty fun and good length for a standalone Dlc.

Rocket league - if you don't know about this game do yourself a favor and go get it.

The elder scrolls online - pretty underwhelming so far. After the Witcher it's just not grabbing me. I'm going to give it a little more time but I might be giving up on this one soon.

Xenoblade chronicles n3ds - I had really high expectations for this game because of how much praise it gets. I'm about 5 hours in and I just have no motivation to play it. I'm going to give this game some more time as well I hear it opens up at some point.

An absurd amount of Skyforge, it's scratching that Guild Wars 1/PSO itch so well

The rest of my time has been split between Rocket League and hopping back and forth between League of Legends and Dota 2.

Fractal

Banned
Finished AC Unity and SR Gat out of Hell recently. Just started Never Alone which seems very short, then I'll be moving on REvelations 2 and Borderlands The Pre-Sequel.

Top Bottom