• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': August 2015

Grisby

Persona 4 Golden- Great game and I feel like I'm somewhat nearing the home stretch. It's taking me a long time to finally dig into the game, but I'm glad I did. The characters and the event they get into are pretty funny.

Remember Me- Going back to this after finishing Life Is Strange. Still a freaking looker and the ost is amazing. Playing on hard and the combat still has some fun beats to it.

Random:
RE4 (Speedrun pratice)
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (shake off the rust)
Sonic Generations (Speedrun practice)
Burnout Revenge (Catch up with my online racers)
F-Zero (to relax)
Smash 4 (To bop scrubs online)
Killer Instinct (WE HAVE RASH)!

New:
Devil May Cry 4: SE (Combo practice)
Devil may Cry: DE (Combo practice)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (full playthrough since April. ALMOST DONE)!
Everything on Rare Replay (I seriously love this game)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (Brilliant Tetris game. Import only)
Perfect Dark (Achievement hunting)

MGS Peace Walker trying to finally finish that and move onto 4 after that.

I've also been hooked on FFXIV recently. Still plugging away at that.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 on 3DS XL - great new addition to the EO series, will be taking my time with going through Story mode first (while getting classic gameplay via EOIV on the side)

Supercharged Robot Vulkaiser on PC/Steam - simple-looking, colorful horizontal shooter that has more to it than might seem at first, such as trying to stick with one partner ship all the way through. Makes me want to rewatch Godannar.

PGR4 and Forza 3 on 360 - tossed these in to revisit some racing goodness. I just sort of hit stasis with the driving/racing game genre here, being so satisfied with these. PGR series being an all-time favorite. Forza 6 has me interested though.

Hayabusi

Bought a PS4 in July, so it's mainly Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Rocket League, TLOU and Driveclub.
Witcher 3 takes Postion Nr. 1 at the moment, because more than 1 big AAA game in turns at one time is just too much. ;-)

KraytarJ

Persona 3 FES: I'm about 50 hours in so far and it has been a very uneven experience. The school life and missions are pretty good but Tartarus is pretty awful. It doesn't help that I've gotten to a boss in Tartarus that's basically impossible with my current Personas because my team is completely useless in the fight and the only way I can win is for the A.I. to use the wrong attacking types or I can't win.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: About 6 hours in and it has been pretty good so far. I'm a little surprised just how similar it is to the Ace Attorney games but it's still very enjoyable.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: My 3rd play through of OoT and I've got to say this is one hell of a remake. It's better in every way though I will say Ocarina isn't quite as perfect as I remember. I'm nearly done though, all I've got left are the spirit temple and then the finale.

tjohn86

Nothing but CSGO for the last 2 weekends. I've somehow managed to put in 35 hours in that period of time despite working a fulltime job. I've played CS off and on since the original retail release, but it's never grabbed me like it has over the last few weeks. I love my Hyper Beast.

Same with me. Operation Bloodhound has my soul right now.

Zeth

I've been revisiting Mega Man as I never played a single one.

Mega Man 2 was fantastic. And I just finished Mega Man X - what a game. So responsive and gratifying even if it was considerably less challenging than the 8-bit games. I loved it - easily one of the best 2D action games I've played.

Auctopus

The Witcher 3 : Splitting my time between Death March post-game and a leisurely 'Just Story' second play through. Still finding so much to see and do and interact with.

Driveclub : As always since release. Just popping on for a few laps/challenges, see what Evo have posted or what my friends are working on.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 : Trying not to suck.

Hearthstone : Just playing dailies and Ranked to earn GvG packs to build a deck I read about.

Zero Escape - Virtue's Last Reward. Currently playing on PSTV and it's probably one of the most interesting games I've ever played. At 27 hours and still have tons to do. I absolutely love the voice acting and characterization. I kinda don't want it to end. Glad I stuck with 999 a couple months back.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Jak II HD. I'm working my way through old PS+ downloads and this was still on my PS3. Holy crap did this game not age well, especially compared to Precursor Legacy. When I replayed that, I loved it more than ever. Jak II feels like a relic in comparison. The open world feels so forced and some of the missions are frustrating as hell. I always feel compelled to finish games I start, but this time it's hard to go through with it. This game feels like the only real blemish on ND's record, because iirc Jak III was a lot better. I'll replay that eventually as well.

Robaperas

Wow, Valiant Hearts is a big surprise, what a great game this is. Good mix of standard adventure gameplay, some puzzles and even some action. Great artstyle to boot, and I like reading the small history blurbs before each level.

Yes, it's definitely a great game, I finished it a few weeks ago and I'm still thinking about it.

Just started playing Beyond Good and Evil, 3 hours in and I'm completely hooked, the characters, setting and voice acting are really good.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - I forgot how entertaining this series is.

Resident Evil Remaster HD - Can't get enough of REmake.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Damn I suck at fighting games

Way of the Samurai 4 - Megamelons

XONE:
MCC-ODST

Sunset Overdrive

PS4:
New Kings Quest

Batman Arkham Knight (trying to figure out how to get the
knightfall
protocol
to happen

Alien Isolation

PC/Mac:
Game of Thrones from TTG

World of Warcraft (dabbling with my lvl 20)

iOS:
Spider Rite/Shrouded Moon

Prune

Transistor

Angry Birds 2

N° 2048

Finished:
Life is Strange Ep4: Last two endings have been jaw dropping
Actual Sunlight: Rang too close to home..

Started:
Danganronpa 2: Getting ready for Despair Girls in Sept

Still Playing:
Persona 4: Golden: First time, can't wait for P4:DAN and P5
Witcher 3: Mostly on the back burner

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and will be doing a 100% run too. Even though the devs are openly mocking trophy hunters with their list (as the game shouldn't even have any), I'm still going to get the plat. I enjoyed the game a lot more than Dear Esther, the characters really came alive with the excellent voice-acting.

Now on to Yoshi's Woolly World. Just started, but it's amazing so far, a joy to play.

Rocket League.
Witcher 3.
Batman Arkham Knight.

I was trying to finish Witcher and Batman before Until Dawn comes out but god damn it, Rocket League is so addictive.

Strike

One trophy away from the getting the platinum in Resogun while making slow but steady progress in Resistance: Retribution. I got gud, but I just can't quite make it to the last boss (Mefitis) in one piece. I'm working on that solo while also trying to see if I can accomplish the feat in online co-op.

MisterM

Rocket League.
Witcher 3.
Batman Arkham Knight.

I was trying to finish Witcher and Batman before Until Dawn comes out but god damn it, Rocket League is so addictive.

I'm currently playing the same three games.

Well, I started Batman, played through a good chunk of The Witcher but all I play now is Rocket League. So much Rocket League.

BNGames

Starting my first play through (No Commentary) of Tron Bonne.

Link: https://youtu.be/pWb5kVmKjnA

And no not the the cheap PSN Digital version, I own the real deal

2AC4Xlch.jpg

Enforced

Bayonetta (Wii U) - normal difficulty. I'm really enjoying it so far.
Mario kart 8 - neogaf tournament with kartgaf.
grand theft auto 5 online (ps4) - having fun driving the vehicles.

Zambayoshi

Been playing The Witcher 3 pretty solidly. Up to about 200-250 hours and haven't found Ciri yet. I stopped for a few days to play Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, which was well worth it.

EDIT: Forgot about playing Persona Q on the daily commute.

Ellite25

Rocket League and now the BO3 beta. Haven't been able to get into any games that require a real time commitment as of late.

I haven't had much time to play lately, so the only game that has been getting my attention is Rocket League.

I am also chipping away at Batman: Arkham Knight, but very, very slowly.

.Anema

Life is Strange on PS3 (Waiting for the final chapter, damn!)
New Luigi U on the WiiU (funny and fresh with the new mechanics)
Yoshi New Island on the 3DS. (Cute, funny and with some nice levels. The music is very disappointing btw.)
Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 (since launch and forever)

Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64 (I bought a CIB copy some days ago and came back for some worlds)
Game & Wario for WiiU (I Bought it for $10 last week, played with my girlfriend and the only game we enjoyed was the drawing minigame, lol)

Now I'm waiting for The Phantom Pain and finish it before the 9/11 for the GOAT SUPER MARIO MAKER!

dedhead54

Ass Creed: Black Flag: Been slowly playing through the story since picking it up from GWG last month. It is enjoyable but certain things drive me crazy about it. My first AC game.

Battlefield 4: Still playing this on PS4 with my buddies regularly.

DriveClub: I played a couple of hours of the PS+ version and finally, today, upgraded to the full version. Spent a few hours playing today and I am really enjoying it. It'll keep me happy until Forza 6 releases.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yoshi's Woolly World is only getting better as I progress. And the soundtrack, lawd. I keep telling myself I shouldn't 100% this, as it's gonna be a huge timesink, but the game is just so good. I'm in world 5 now. Just passing levels is easy, but some collectibles are harder to get.

Borderlands 2

It's really fun game.

I'm playing 3-4 hours every day. I'm playing solo since I prefer to play alone.

Just beat the main story. Now going to finish up the remaining quests go through the extra content that came with the GOTY edition.

O.DOGG

I'm on a Dark Souls binge at the moment. Over the last 10 days or so I've gone through two NG+ cycles with my character and I'm about to finish another. This is without a doubt one of the best games ever made. I can't seem to get tired of it.

Arkhanor

- Fallout Shelter (Android! yay)
- World of Warcraft (focused on the Warlords of Draenor legendary quest and the raids that I didn't played yet - Blackrock Foundry and Hellfire Citadel)
- Heroes of the Storm
- Hearthstone

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
The Wolf Among Us
Tales From The Borderlands

Still left to play:

Dishonored Definitive Edition
Gears of War Ultimate Edition

tariniel

I've played a little bit of a lot of things so far this month. Basically killing time until MGSV.

Zelda Majora's Mask 3D - turned this back on after probably 3 months of not playing it, and beat the water temple place. It was a pretty hard dungeon. Debating if I want to just beat the game or 100% for some fierce deity.

Arkham Knight PC - I was trying to wait for the PC patch before playing it but I gave in and tried it. It's very fun but I can see the lag and stuff other people talk about. I think it still looks pretty good, but I'll probably wait a bit before playing more.

Bayonetta 2 - Started this one this week, and just finished chapter 4 which ended with a boss fight with the 'Masked Lumen'... holy shit what an incredible boss. The entire fight was just nonstop badassery and I sat in awe after I finished at how amazing it was. I then replayed the entire chapter to fight the boss again. Probably one of the best moments in gaming I've ever experienced.

Final Fantasy XIV - I logged in to do weekly stuff last week, but I'm getting a bit bored of the game, and I think I'll be cancelling soon.

Hearthstone - Dailies and the new TGT brawl is pretty cool.

MGS: Ground Zeroes - played and beat every mission for the first time to prep for Phantom Pain.

Path of Exile - got my Cyclone character to 75 in Warbands and got bored.

carda114

Metal Gear Ac!d

May not finish this one. Either I just suck at this kind of game, or it's just a frustrating title. May give the sequel a shot.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Yet another playthrough attempt. I've made substantial progress in the past, but I've never beaten this game. First try I stopped playing after having problems with the Centipede Demon. Second, I stopped at Ornstein and Smough. At Sen's Fortress now trying out a dex build.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

I had started this a while back and just got back into it. Really love it. Just finished the fourth dungeon in a linked game.

Aracarn

Persona 4 Golden: Finished it, and it was awesome. I will definitely play NG+ at some point.

Witcher 3: Started on PC, tried PS4, went back to PC with RTSS frame limit and I seem to have found a happy medium of not frying my Razer Blade but getting a nice picture.

Persona 3 Portable: I couldn't get into it after 5-6hrs. Characters didn't grab me. Music was great though.

Trails in the Sky: Enjoying this so far! (3hrs in).

Mario Kart 8: Online is still a lot of fun when I don't get disconnected. I think my Wii U changed its MAC address to escape the DMZ I had it in.

ibu

Persona 4 Golden early days but it's my bath game, 45mins here and there.

PES 2016 demo... Day one all day long.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - aim to 100% before I get onto The Phantom Pain

Alien: Isolation - beautiful game, I hate humans and androids however.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Vita) - incredible.

Next month:

The Phantom Pain

PES 2016

The Witcher 3

Splatoon (Wii U)
Rocket League (PC)
Flight Simulator X (PC)
Outrun 3D (3DS)

Also revisiting Wii Fit U, DKTF, MK8 and Smash U. The Wii U 1st party games are so damn polished they feel like brand new after playing many games on other systems.

N° 2048

Started:
MGS: Ground Zeroes: trying to extract some POWs and Soldiers for the Phantom Pain save transfer.

Still Playing:
Persona 4: Golden: Amazing as ever
Witcher 3: Still on the back burner
Danganronpa 2: Getting ready for Despair Girls in Sept, not liking this as much as the first one but still good.

bobawesome

IA/VT Colorful
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Most of my game time the past week has been spent playing IA/VT Colorful. A rhythm game hasn't hooked me like this since the first Project Diva (F 2nd wasn't nearly as good).

Nearly finished with my second "playthrough" of Xenoblade. It only takes a couple of hours when you're skipping all the dialogue and know where to go. I wanted to go through and restore Colony 6 but it was ultimately a waste of time. Now I'm working on leveling up and getting end-game armor for all of my party members. A third playthrough may eventually be in order so I can do some final cleanup and unlock everyone's
final skill trees and supposedly another character
? Despite putting in nearly a hundred hours into the game, it came up short of my expectations. It didn't surpass Persona 4 Golden as my favorite handheld JRPG and isn't even the best 3DS game I've played this year. Majora's Mask 3D only lasted 25 or so hours but those hours were incredibly tight and enjoyable. I guess quality trumps quantity.

Top Bottom