• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': August 2015

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Witcher 3 on PS4 with some N++ and Rocket League on the side.

Splatoon occasionally, but I'm pretty burnt out on it until the update in a few days.

KOTOR on iPad.

haikira

2015-07-31_001041brqd9.jpg

Life Is Strange
I just completed the first episode, and I'm impressed. There's a great feeling of atmosphere to the game, thanks to stylized but also detailed visuals, and the beautiful soundtrack. I also like the implications of being able to manipulate time to observe the different immediate reactions of any difficult decisions, but there's still the risk of unforeseen consequences further down the road.

Despite some missteps, mostly with questionable young person slang, the game also succeeds in capturing a feeling of everydayness that many of it's peers have failed at.

Going to start the second episode very soon.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Already completed this back at launch, but I'm just messing around in order to stave off my appetite for Phantom Pain. I think I've only made it worse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Bought both Ryu and the Hyrule Castle 64, just for some extra content for multiplayer sessions. Funnily enough, I didn't actually try Ryu when I was last playing, but rather just stuck with good ol' zero suit.

I like Suzaku Castle, especially with the music that speeds up just like in SF. It's a little cramped for 4 player, though I liked that, as it kept everyone on their toes.

MegaMan Legends 2 - (PS3 BC)
After finishing up with the original and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, I've started in on the final game in the series. Looks beautiful on the PS3 with smoothed out graphics.

MegaMan EXE (WII U VC)
This is currently my "play while I watch things" game. Very fun returning to the original. Pretty excited for part 2, as that's the game that really got me into the franchise.

Costume Quest 2 (PS4)
Just started this up after having not played the first. Seems really fun, I'm enjoying the humor of the game and finding all the different costumes. Also, Sackboy is a playable character. That's cool.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished Ether One (PS4 version is a mess) and Never Alone. The latter is a decent enough game, but I loved all the cultural background videos, that gave more insight into the Inupiat. Edutainment!

Ether One was a nightmare, don't play this on PS4.

Now starting Valiant Hearts, heard good things.

N° 2048

Finished Ether One (PS4 version is a mess) and Never Alone. The latter is a decent enough game, but I loved all the cultural background videos, that gave more insight into the Inupiat. Edutainment!

Ether One was a nightmare, don't play this on PS4.

Now starting Valiant Hearts, heard good things.

Never Alone was amazing, there's story DLC out. Make sure to check it out!

Amazing couch co-op game too, one of those "my girlfriend actually played this." games.

hydruxo

Rocket League mostly, I've been trying to play some other games here and there but nothing keeps my attention for very long before I go back to Rocket League again. Hopefully buying Witcher 3 soon though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Never Alone was amazing, there's story DLC out. Make sure to check it out!

Amazing couch co-op game too, one of those "my girlfriend actually played this." games.

Yeah since it was a PS+ freebie, figured I could at least get the dlc, played through it already. The focus on puzzles was a nice change of pace.

I wish more devs would offer behind the scenes vids like this. It's great to get insight on the inspiration for the game. I watched every insight vid there was, even in the dlc.

Galdius

Yesterday I began playing Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and today I finished it. Very fun game to play and really good overall.

Now I'm playing Smash Bros on the WiiU and 3DS. I always bought the Smash Bros games but I never played them much. This is beginning to change with those two versions. I bought them at launch but it wasn't until the Ryu DLC was released that I really began to play them. Now I have put around 26 hours into the 3DS version and 6 hours into the WiiU version. I'm having fun playing those games even though I mainly play with Ryu but at least I'm a bit good with him. I'm working on the challenges and they are really fun to get.

Also, I still need to beat The Witcher 3 on the PS4. I also bought it at launch but I'm slowly making progress on it.

rapid32.5

Wolfenstein the Old blood, so good on Uber and much better game than The New Order. AI in those games is the best I have seen.

Loxley

Despite having it 100% complete, I keep playing Ground Zeroes in the vain hope that it will somehow morph into TPP. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm gonna keep trying.

Messiek

Rocket League - (PS4)
Trying to get the platinum :)

Heroes of the Storm - (PC)
If someone find my life, I'd like it returned.

Rocket League. Biggest surprise of the year.

Also, the in-laws visited this weekend, which meant periodic retreats to the 3DS. With some trepidation I visited my Animal Crossing village, abandoned for a year. I've also been sampling Mighty Switch Force, the challenges in Link Between Worlds , and I finally cleared Resident Evil: Revelations.

DekuLink

Just finished Super Mario Sunshine with all 120 shine sprites for the first time since I got the game 13 years ago.

11845128_947309898663657_962469867471256994_o.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Got back into Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate pushing through the massive story mode from where I left off last year. Getting Ultimate weapons and just still enjoying wasting crowds.

Working through Heavensward FFXIV content slowly when able.

Catching up on several episodic games (Life is Strange, GoT, King's Quest) Enjoying them all.

Reedirect

Rocket League - Honestly, I thought I'd be done with RL at this point, but I'm still totally hooked. Great game to start up when you only have a few minutes to play.

Life is Strange - An amazing new episode. Hope it ties up nicely in October, so I can finally put it to my all-time top ten.

Remember Me - Well, I remember not liking it very much when it released (something about the combat just felt off to me), but after LiS, I guess a second chance is in order. I'm not expecting too much though.

Xbox One

• The Evil Within on Akumu difficulity
  • Tembo The Badass Elephant
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2

PS4

• Grim Fandango
  • Journey

WiiU

• Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Mario Kart 8

Got Wolfenstein: The Old Blood(Physical version, XB1) and Rare Replay from amazon, should arrive by next week or so.

weekev

Banned
Yoshis wooly world, Splatoon, Earthbound and Mario Party 10, then I bought a PS4 so Rocket League, GTAV and about to start God Of War 3 remastered. What a time to be alive.

Bloodborne: Started a new character. Grumpy old fella with Stake Driver (based).

Tomb Raider: Anniversary: Dropped it today, though. Game felt like nothing else but "climb on these white things on the walls", so i got bored in the end.

rusteepot

Remember Me - Feels like I'm watching a lite summer movie, which I'm not complaining -- I'm a big fan of point and click games, and RM kinda reminds me of one but with action bits and platforming. Like it so far (just started on Ch. 2) and I must say, the music's awesome!

6757B0D86FECB0AC5318EB42F5ACEBA33B2D4F08

BouncyFrag

Hand of Fate. After finally beating the story which trolls you for the last two levels, 'endless mode' is a lot of fun and I have finally found roguelike since the Binding of Isaac that I enjoy.

Arkham Knight. I'm in ng+ trying wrap up the Riddler trophies but I've only done 80 of 243. I'm tempted to say 'fuck it', trade in the game, and just move on. I'm usually not so negative but for all the great things in the game, there are equally terrible design decisions that have soured the experience for me.

I'm playing Elder Scrolls Online but am still agonizing over a race/class to play as I always do in ES games.

Traffcore

For the most part Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes. Trying to get all the trophies on that one.
On ocassion I will play some Rocket League with friends. Really great fun!

rusteepot

Life Is Strange
I just completed the first episode, and I'm impressed. There's a great feeling of atmosphere to the game, thanks to stylized but also detailed visuals, and the beautiful soundtrack. I also like the implications of being able to manipulate time to observe the different immediate reactions of any difficult decisions, but there's still the risk of unforeseen consequences further down the road.

Despite some missteps, mostly with questionable young person slang, the game also succeeds in capturing a feeling of everydayness that many of it's peers have failed at.

Need to get my hands on this game soon. They also made Remember Me right?

I see you have great taste in movies, btw :D

shaowebb

fvnvEBA.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/349680/

Ddcf2Xq.gif
J0oE3Eh.gif

Great Shmup that brings back Gatchama/Mazinger memories with its retro homage setting.

also...
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
xCZFFDc.gif

gSPCj4v.gif
lFUR9oE.gif

Got curious about what they were talking about with "cards" during EVO when a Dorothy player won. Only thing I knew was the game had launchers and a homing dash button. Decided to try it out and explore the movesets for any curious new stuff and was surprised at not only a roster full of really good character specific toolsets but also great mechanics like dash cancels and stuff akin to baroque and a lot of stuff thats customizable due to equippable arcana. Just a crazy amount of good tools here to explore so I decided to keep playing and taking notes. Not gonna lie though...the moe is pretty overkill. It has a lot of things that are a struggle aesthetically, but its toolset is keeping me here because I've never seen some of these. Dorothy has me highly impressed.
Just check out the insanity that this game has coming in winter for its sequel by viewing this Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars tourney. Definitely an overlooked gem due to its theme

Marvel Puzzle Quest

oxPPVl3.jpg

...why can't I quit you?
hEndENS.jpg

...Oh, yeah <3

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm currently fullfilling my sniping-needs with Sniper Elite V2. It will be Fallout New Vegas next after I've completed the former. Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games and I've read that NV should be even better, correct?

Im almost done with metal gear peace walker, after that i plan on starting gears 2 and also playing psychonauts(LOVING IT SO FAR!!)

Remember Me - Feels like I'm watching a lite summer movie, which I'm not complaining -- I'm a big fan of point and click games, and RM kinda reminds me of one but with action bits and platforming. Like it so far (just started on Ch. 2) and I must say, the music's awesome!

Too right. Dereviere's soundtrack is probably the best thing about that game. I'd also love to wander about in a truly open version of that game's Neo-Paris.

haikira

Need to get my hands on this game soon. They also made Remember Me right?

I see you have great taste in movies, btw :D

Didn't know it was the same developer, but after looking it up, you're definitely correct.

Also, Thanks =D. Memories of Murder is one of my favourites.

Elandyll

Banned
Fallout 3 on Steam, for the first time.
Took a bit of tinkering to get it running on Win8.1, but so far so good :)

Going through my backlog, after just finishing Dishonored.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Wow, Valiant Hearts is a big surprise, what a great game this is. Good mix of standard adventure gameplay, some puzzles and even some action. Great artstyle to boot, and I like reading the small history blurbs before each level.

Apenheul

Ys Book II on PC Engine
Smash and Splatoon on Wii U
Dark Souls 2 on PS4
Minecraft Windows 10 beta
Stein's;Gate on Vita

With Windows 10 you don't have to click on the open window to interact with it, you can just hoover mouse over it. So clicking and collecting coin by doing oval motion.

zXQ1ZtG.jpg

rusteepot

Everyone's playing Life is Strange!

On my Aug to complete/continue where I left off list as well:

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Amazing skin textures, mmm. Can't say the same for the controls.

0BF86F020AD2E1FA67098E31462DE9EE302F5C53

stn

Now Playing:
Destiny (XBO) - About to start this soon, just got it.

Recently Completed:
The Witcher 2 (X360) - Good RPG, just a bit buggy. Will eventually get the sequel.

Nothing but CSGO for the last 2 weekends. I've somehow managed to put in 35 hours in that period of time despite working a fulltime job. I've played CS off and on since the original retail release, but it's never grabbed me like it has over the last few weeks. I love my Hyper Beast.

Kr0gan_73

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought a xbox one, so I've been checking out Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive. I'm really liking Sunset Overdrive so far.

Top Bottom