• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': Ghosts of Survival Horror Past Edition

Currently Playing - 10/05/12

Played the demo and then bought Denpa-Men. (3DS) Very fun RPG. I need to get more Denpa-Men tho lol.

Towards the end of what seems to be the final dungeon in Darksiders. (PS3) Its been a very fun game but I kinda fell out've it again. Need to finish this.

I started Assassin's Creed (360) and just got a horse. Still at the beginning, first AC game and its pretty cool so far.

Also bought the eShop version of Cave Story. (3DS) Already played and beat the WiiWare version but have wanted one on a portable. Pretty cool replaythrough so far but the controls seem off compared to the WiiWare version...

Been playing more of Radiant Historia. (3DS) I think I just got to chapter 4. Almost at 20 hours. Like most games, I am taking this slowly but loving it each time I play.

Played all of the New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC. (3DS) Really like all the packs. Can't wait for more!

And I beat The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (3DS) for the third time. Love this here game.

Games I plan on playing next:
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (3DS)
Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)

966pml.jpg

Instead of buying RE 6 I figured I'd crack the plastic on this since I've been sitting on it for so long. Only on episode 2 but some quick points:

- I really like the monster mechanic, a lot more than I thought I would
- A little indifferent on the whole Historia Crux thing
- Ugh temporal rifts might be an issue for me
- I wish Serah would shut the hell up about Lightning every once and a while

Dead Space Extraction

This game did not get enough hype! I installed it as part of my PS3 copy of Dead Space 2, and it's been a great experience. The areas that are revisited look just like the ones from DS1, and the opening sets an insane tempo for the game. I keep expecting for there to be lulls in the game play, but it just keeps delivering. The only part that takes me out of the game is that I'm spamming TK all he time to pick up items because it's always moving too fast.

Bumhead

Banned
06-Resident-Evil-6.jpg

Resident Evil 6 on PS3. Not made much progress due to the next game in my list but I'm upto Chapter 2 in the Leon campaign. Have to say I've enjoyed most of what I've played so far. There have been a couple of really nice sections so far, including at least 1 which I'd rank right up there with the best Resident Evil has or has had to offer, but the game does show signs of dipping occasionally. Still, I can't say I'm not enjoying it.

FIFA13logoTEXTrgb-e1337189767345.jpg

FIFA 13 on PS3. I've spent the entire generation moaning at the lack of a football game to match PES6 on PS2, and now I've finally got one. I'm simply in love with FIFA 13. For me this is the culmination of several years of progress mixed with one or two nice new additions, and it feels excellent.

dock

776318-quake_mp1_large.png

Recently I became irritated with some modern FPS traits, so I went back to Quake 1. I was able to find a mod that patches in all the missing soundtrack files into the Steam version, which is crucial IMO.

Realising that I had never tried the mission packs, I've started both, and this is the one I've put the most time into. I'm about half way through it, but it seems pretty big. The fact that I'm really bad at Quake may have something to do with this.

Mostly I'm loving the lack of QTEs, cutscenes, dialogue, chunky world geometry and simple AI.

Medal of Honor Warfighter for the 360

sq3LIl.jpg

Game have good stuff but some bad stuff too. I would like to see some things improved.

I didn't even know this was out. Absolutely no hype on the podcasts I've listened to. I played the last MoH game. Does this tie into that?

Top Bottom