• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst game currently in your possession?

SonicSleuth

For me, it's got to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. Granted, this is not based on the quality of the multiplayer or the Zombie mode... it's 100% based on what was the flat-out dumbest campaign I've finished in a big budget 10 million selling title.

I wanted to post a thread like "What's the worst game you stuck it through and finished?" after fighting through what felt like the hundredth stupid dream sequence, the "twists", the zombies IN the campaign... it was melodramatic, dumb, overlong, boring, and just not not not a good game. I still finished it because I bought it and that's how I roll, but I hated doing it.

That said, I thought it would have been a *likable* game if it were a new IP. It would have been weird and unexpected and some people would have gravitated to that inane mechs and dreams and all those stupidly dull levels as it went on. But as a Call of Duty game, I just wanted to throw it at the wall.

Ichabod

Banned
Destiny. I basically upgraded from my 360 to play it with friends at launch. It didn't take me long to see I had been Molyneux'd and that the game was a barebones FPS with a content progression framework firmly gated by Activision's avarice. Thankfully, I only bought the base version and bailed out before the first dlc dropped. The rest of my friends who kept playing for the majority of its lifespan ended up hating themselves for sticking with it so long.

StriC-NYNE

Neo Member
44JBBwz.jpg

It's just been sitting here in my old game case for years now and I don't even know how this of all things ended up in there in the first place. I was around like what... 5 - 7 years old, and I was playing games like Gex and Captain Quazar on my 3DO at the time, so I'd never ask for something like this, let alone anything on PC, something I wasn't always allowed to play on, too.

I can recall this being a Doom clone, so on that alone it probably wasn't all that bad objectively, but I definitely do remember the myriad of damn flies and mosquitoes swarming around and covering your screen as you try to shoot people. That alone was such a turn off for me.

for Physical copy I guess it would be FlatOut 2 for X360 (not shitty but the rest of my games is pretty good imo), if digital also counts then all the trash you get for Gold and PS+

Bardiche

When it comes to physical games in my possession, my worst game would be Legend of Legacy for the 3DS. I need to finish it before the release of The Alliance Alive.

Some of the older NES and SNES stuff IDK, but new gen stuff:

1) Assassin's Creed I
2) Killlzone 3
3) Dark Souls 2
4) Dark Souls

#1, 2, and 3 were so horrible I didn't finish. #4 I finished because I wanted to give the game a chance- big mistake.

Shotpun

Some of the older NES and SNES stuff IDK, but new gen stuff:

1) Assassin's Creed I
2) Killlzone 3
3) Dark Souls 2
4) Dark Souls

#1, 2, and 3 were so horrible I didn't finish. #4 I finished because I wanted to give the game a chance- big mistake.

How did you end up getting Dark Souls 2 if you didn't like the first one to begin with?

Peterc

Witcher3 for sure.
I don't get it shy people has a desire for it.

I'm just playing it for 10hs but those cutscenes man, it driving me crazy. Each minute a new cutscene conversation start. It's like reading a book instead of playing a game. The story isn't bad, its just to much talk that its getting boring. Also the combat system looks so old. It isn't bad, but it does nothing new and the ai of enemies is simple.

Toe-Knee

Witcher3 for sure.
I don't get it shy people has a desire for it.

I'm just playing it for 10hs but those cutscenes man, it driving me crazy. Each minute a new cutscene conversation start. It's like reading a book instead of playing a game. The story isn't bad, its just to much talk that its getting boring. Also the combat system looks so old. It isn't bad, but it does nothing new and the ai of enemies is simple.

I came here to post about the Witcher. Awful combat. Crap controls and the story is mediocre at best with no real payoff. Imho

EBE

I'm gonna go with 'currently installed to my hard drive' and say Perfect Dark Zero. And that's considering I also have Blood Rayne 2 installed.

Still, I kinda love PDZ, wall guy and all

D3SCHA1N

Toss up between The Division & The Order 1886. I only paid $10 for the Order, but full price for the division so I'd say I'm more disappointed in the Division....

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
For my taste: GTA5. Most would probably say Sonic 2006 considering my collection. If it survived the move it may also be Tenkai Knights (which I find almost as bad as GTA5, but which has absolutely no positive properties whatsoever).

Starfield

From a technical view Gothic 3. Broken shit game

From a dissapointing view it has to be GTA V. Ypu were supposed to be good and not destroy everything.

Super Maro Odyssey

Played it for less than 2 weeks... would gave rathered another 2d side scrolling adventure that I could at least replay. Once I had collected all of the moons there was nothing to do.

sensor

If Dark Souls, Horizon or Mario Odyssey are among the worst games you own, you must have a pretty damn on-point collection, that's all I can say.

Worst game I own is probably Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers on the Wii. It's just banal. I'm not sure how I ended up with it in the first place.

aueft

Neo Member
Yeah, some of the posts here just sound like railing against games you guys feel are overrated.

You guys have no idea how bad games can get: I couldn't find a video that truly captured how awful "Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius vs. Jimmy Negatron" for the GBA is, but if you are curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUNE-lfO64

I have a soft spot for funky, early 3d games, and I love the idea of a mode-7 style platformer, which is why I bother owning this game.

Charles

I have Oni on PS2. Really (universally aknowledged) terrible game in every way, you would never guess it's from Bungie.

I paid full price for it.

Ridaxan

Unlimited Saga.
box.jpg

I'm gonna be honest, I only got it due to being so obsessed with FFX/FFX-2 at the time that I "had" to have the Eternal Calm disc that came with this (for some bizarre reason).
Boxart and screenshots at the back definitely sell a different game than what I was treated with.

Top Bottom