• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst game currently in your possession?

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Super Maro Odyssey

Played it for less than 2 weeks... would gave rathered another 2d side scrolling adventure that I could at least replay. Once I had collected all of the moons there was nothing to do.

I don't own SMO yet, but you can't replay it? How odd..

At least you got to play it for two weeks.
What do you do when you complete a 2D side-scroller 100%?
Don't you just, start over and do it again?

Can't you just collect the moons again? I'm sure there must be a couple of moons that you have to do something fun to get.

1) Matterfall. Well it is not that bad, I have problem with R1 for jump. I usually press X.

2) Nights of Azure (the first one). It just not compelling for at all. Just another fanservice game, I think.

Uncharted 4 and Persona 5. The former just comes across as resting on the series’ past success in 1 and 3, and the latter is just boring and pedantic so far...but I’m going to give it another go.

I did think of adding Recore to this list...but the fact that the game was substantially fixed, upped to 4K on the X, and had content added for free really changed how this game looks and plays. Gonna give it another shot too.

Ubername

Banned
Uncharted 4 and Persona 5. The former just comes across as resting on the series’ past success in 1 and 3, and the latter is just boring and pedantic so far...but I’m going to give it another go.

I did think of adding Recore to this list...but the fact that the game was substantially fixed, upped to 4K on the X, and had content added for free really changed how this game looks and plays. Gonna give it another shot too.

Persona 5 is pedantic?

Many of you must have very small game collections to be saying things like GTA and Persona are the worst games you own. Shadow the Hedgehog, now that's a piece of shit you can hang your coat on.

EBE

Persona 5 is pedantic?

Many of you must have very small game collections to be saying things like GTA and Persona are the worst games you own. Shadow the Hedgehog, now that's a piece of shit you can hang your coat on.
Why ruin your coat

mhayes86

It would have been Lunar Dragon Song on DS, but I got rid of that garbage due to being one of my biggest gaming disappointments.

Anyway, two games come to mind:

Infamous on PS3 - I got it as a free download when Sony was giving away a few digital games after PSN was down for nearly a month a few years ago. It was incredibly boring, and the enemy being able to have perfect aim from a mile away was annoying.

Magna Carta on PS2 - I don't remember anything about it. Just that I stopped playing it because it was so bad. I tried playing it again a few years later since I couldn't remember why I hated it, and ended up shelving it again.

fantastico

I think it’s probably Radikal Bikers on the PS1, I bought it after playing it alot in a hotel lobby on holiday. The PS1 version isn’t a bad conversion as such, just when Crazy Taxi came out a year or so later it rendered RB obsolete.
I think I might have Home Alone for the SNES somewhere as well but not played it for well over 20 years so can’t remember how bad it actually is.

Many of you must have very small game collections to be saying things like GTA and Persona are the worst games you own.

That's my thoughts as well. You folks must be extremely selective about what games you buy and own in your collection, because there's some real garbage out there that you have managed to do an excellent job of avoiding.

If I had to pick one from my own collection, it would probably be Snow White: Happily Ever After for SNES. I was trying to collect all of the Disney games for SNES, not realizing that it wasn't actually an officially licensed Disney Snow White game and it turned out to just be a garbage platformer.

Probably Magus on PS3

I bought it for super cheap knowing it was awful. I actually enjoyed it but it's definitely a bad game

A game that the GameStop employee recommended ..Alekhine's gun. Never heard of it before she recommended it, said if I loved the original Mafia games I would love this one. Played 30 min and returned it. (Was in my possession as of this week)

Last edited:

Rellik

If we aren't including some of the rubbish we get with PS+/GWG then it's probably Killzone: Shadow Fall.

I had my launch day PS4 pre-ordered with Watch Dogs, and then Watch Dogs was delayed and I was forced to pick another launch game. I didn't want any of them so just went with Killzone... and what a sour experience that was for my introduction into a new gen of console gaming.

I always kept it because of "One day I'll go back and try it again" but that day never seems to happen.

Last edited:

xandaca

I still have Premier Manager 64. Your team selection makes absolutely no difference: play the goalkeeper up front, he'll score goals. Put an outfield player in goal, perfectly good chance of a clean sheet. It's almost endearingly terrible. Almost.

Teran

Bad Boys II, it was a birthday present from a friend.

To be fair though, it was a "so bad it's good" experience.

LordPezix

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy,... literally never figured out how to play or what was even going on. Wanted to enjoy it but talk about no direction at all. Maybe I missed it but damn!

Hissing Sid

I don’t know if I’d call it ‘the worst’ game that I own because it’s actually competently made but I struggled with Heroes of The Fallen.

It’s weird because on paper the game is right up my alley... but by the fourth boss I just had no more inclination to play it.

I think part of the problem for me was just the sheer amount of stuff being thrown at the screen, even when you were stood still.

It’s like guys, I get it, you’re really pleased with all those particle effects that you’ve put in the game but honestly, it’s giving me a fucking migraine!

It was like playing busy work for the eyes, the game.

Something about the colours they used seemed off too. Can’t put my finger on it but the game palette made the environments seem pretty claustrophobic at times. At least for me.

Oh and I hated the inventory system.

I intend to pick it up again and give it another go at some point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom