• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your new year's resolution for 2014?

neohwa

Mine are:

1. Rough estimation I average 20 hrs a week on gaming, which is nothing. I need to spend much more time on gaming. That means less social activity, NeoGAF, anime, TV dramas, music, work and study. More game.

2. Wait for a pricedrop on games! Less Day 1 purchase. All games drop prices in 3-5 months. They all do.

3. Make a backlog of games. I don't have a backlog right now because I'm not record logging them yet.

4. Try not to skip every cutscenes/conversations in games.

5. Play more Kinect, need some exercises sometimes.

6. Try out more games, even the ones people say are bad games.

7. Do not get overcritical of games. Find things to like in them.

8. Beat Xenoblade 2.

9. Try to like Infamous 2.

10. Play more Xbox.

800 x 600

I need to pick up a new monitor

I'm here all week

eeeeh, I need to spend less money on games in general. That's my gaming related resolution, these days I'll buy a bunch of games I have mild interest in and dislike the majority of them or just don't end up ever completing them.

800 x 600

I need to pick up a new monitor

ross-clapping-o.gif

My resolution is to put the finishing touches on the 7th gen of games in a timely fashion. I've still a few titles that need playing though.

Syf

Banned
To not spend money on cosmetic microtransactions. Spent more than I care to admit this year. I'm a sucker for shiny things.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Play more Vita!

This has begun well as with these EU sales, Soul Sacrifice and Little King's Story from PS Plus I now have a lot of the games I was waiting for price drops for. Bring on 2014, the year I'm finally using my launch Vita for something other than Peace Walker...

ref

Ignore collectibles completely in games that have them.

I have ruined the atmosphere and experience of too many games now hunting and prioritizing collectibles over the main game and enjoyment of myself. No idea why I feel I must collect them all!

Edit: This too:

2560x1440 from 1920x1080 or if 4K gets cheap enough then that

kudoboi

2560x1440 from 1920x1080 or if 4K gets cheap enough then that

edit: oh i thought we were talking about actual resolution. ill probably study a little more and play just as much but that never happens and it usually just end up with never study at all and play 24/7

MarionCB

Switch back to PC Gaming. Not exclusively, but for the majority. I've been mostly on consoles the last few years, but it's time to be healed once more.

edit: Ooh, yeah. Play more JRPGs!

Birathen

1. Run 10km outdoors in less then 60 minutes, hopefully in some way I can get the time on a paper or something. I have done a few 54 - 56 minute runs on the threadmill so Im kinda optimistic.

2. Hit 72kg. 8kg to go. Stuck on 80~ right now.

3. Actually finish a bunch of games instead of just building a backlog. Fire Emblem Awakening, ZombiU and Bravely Default are in the top now.

4. Pay off all loans.

ColEx

I'm going to try and cut down on buying cheap Steam games, and also try to be more patient when purchasing new games, meaning waiting for feedback and reviews from the community before purchasing, especially for PC gaming.

wizzbang

Banned
Finish a lot more games, play a lot more games, "PS2 my PS3" infact (just ... enjoy and explore the huge library it has - a lot of under the radar great games on the system)
]I'm going to try and cut down on buying cheap Steam games, [/U]and also try to be more patient when purchasing new games, meaning waiting for feedback and reviews from the community before purchasing.

Yep, I got real sick of that in the end, I spent more time finding deals and collecting games than playing them. Now I'd fucking kill to port my steam games to my PS3/4 (I know it's not possible)
I've got the walking dead on my PC and I can't bring myself to play it, waiting for a PS3 deal for it instead.

Soonri

1. Get a stable job so I can begin to pay off my loans.

2. Get back into shape.

3. Finish off this last semester of college.

Oh, game-related things? Um... probably more fighting games and getting through the backlog that I created through Steam sales I guess. Oh, and PS+ games.

Codeblew

I don't make new-years resolutions. I try to keep my shit together all year and do not wait for some meaningless date.

jyoung188

Need to get back on my diet. I lost 30 lbs since the summer but I've been scared to step back on the scale since Thanksgiving, I fell off the wagon big time.

Edit: Gaming Related: Clean up my vita backlog. I got a vita last Christmas and have a ton of games for it but the only game I've beat is Killzone. Need to get back into my 40+ hour save on P4G and finish that, along with Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and a handful of other PS+ games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Way less gaming purchases and finishing off my 3DS/PC backlog. If it isnt on sale, i wont buy it - dont expect to buy more then 5 games day 1 at full price.

At least thats the plan.

Top Bottom