• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your primary gaming platform?

What's your primary gaming platform?

• Playstation

• Xbox

• Nintendo

• PC

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PaulBizkit

Just the Switch, since i dont have time for more consoles. But after playing super mario rpg, it's like im satisfied with my Switch, i dont need to play anything else anymore, i should just give it a rest and borrow a ps4 to play all the games that have been coming out since 2018 (when i bought the switch).

Mister Wolf

Same. I spent so long compromising between image quality and frame rate, not to mention that even "Fidelity" mode on consoles is going to be at lower settings/resolution than the game is capable of on PC.

Eventually I just bit the bullet and spent the money on a high end gaming setup, and I could not be happier. Won't ever go back to consoles.

I still keep a Playstation in the back pocket, but that might not be the case for the PS6 depending how fast they start releasing their games on PC. I should not have bought my PS5 as early as I did. It's been mostly collecting dust.

Last edited:

Kings Field

I flip flop between series X and ps5 all the time. I use my switch as a secondary console and my steam deck for remote playing ps5 and series X and also the pc games I missed out on like the Half Life series.

Havoc2049

The Sega Mega Drive is my primary gaming platform, including Mega-CD and Master System through BC.
It's time to get the mid-gen refresh and get a 32X. 😜

For me, in order of time played:
1. Xbox
2. PC
3. Retro gaming (Atari consoles/computers and Sega consoles)
4. Switch

Naked Lunch

RetroTINK 5X [every retro console you can think of hooked randomly to it - whatever im in the mood for - currently Saturn, SNES, and PS1]
and
Xbox Series X [its all about the Xbox controller for modern gaming]

Depends on time of day.

1. At work (work from home) I game on PC strategy and turn based or city builders on my personal PC. Have it setup next to my work laptop, with 4 monitors.

2. Off time is mostly switch handheld, on the porch ,couch with wife or on the toilet, lol.

3. Dedicated console a few times a week is rightGen. Xbox series x (and for old bc games, lol)... PS5 for current gen.

Notable mention my new samsung s9 tablet, emulation on it is great! And steam deck... turbogfx16 mini, ps1 classic, ps2, wii, ps3...

Synastry

PlayStation 5 Only its where all my favorites games are.

I did give the series X a try a year ago but after 7 days I gave it to my sis for her son it just didn't click with me. (y)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm offended that refrigerators are not an option.

Mad The Rock GIF

RCU005

My main was PS4 and secondary was Switch, but since the PS5 launched, they switched (no pun intended). Nintendo has released so many games, and while there have been great games for PS5, there hasn't been as many (for me) as with the PS4 (Sony Studios is MIA mostly this gen). Nintendo is doing an incredible job with games that I like.

I believe it will stay like that with the launch of Nintendo's new console, since Sony's focus on GaaS is restricting them of releasing games that I want (or games at all for that matter). The Switch 2 has to only announce Mario Kart, New 3D Mario, and Metroid Prime 4 as launch window games to dominate.

Yerd

I have been PC gaming since the 90s. But, I have been gaming on all the other platforms since then too.

I just don't care about most Nintendo stuff lately. I own a switch, but I barely play it. The last game I bought was Metroid Dread and I have yet to open the package. I just don't like playing on handhelds. I have a dock, and it sits in the dock. For years it's sat there, unused.

Every game on xbox is on PC, there's no need to waste the money on the xbox system. I'm hoping soon PS games are the same. It's the only system, besides the switch that I still have. Having everything on one system is great.

I have a PC at home and a laptop that I use when I'm away, which is frequent. I will get hate from the PC crowd, but I play mainly with a gamepad too. I don't care about precision. I just want to be lazy. I do play a few games that can't be played with gamepad though, but I prefer playing gamepad games.

Fredrik

I feel like a lot of old-time xbox gamers (myself included) switched to pc gaming. I have three of the four platforms here but yeah, im not surprised by the result
This is the board that had Halo Infinite as GOTY. I’m very surprised. But yeah maybe that’s it, Xbox gamers are on PC now. And maybe Nintendo is low because it’s the perfect secondary platform. The poll is asking about the main platform.

Fredrik

I will get hate from the PC crowd, but I play mainly with a gamepad too. I don't care about precision. I just want to be lazy. I do play a few games that can't be played with gamepad though, but I prefer playing gamepad games.
I always use a controller when I play traditional console games on PC, like Elden Ring and Horizon and Tomb Raider etc. I only use mouse and keyboard for first person games and strategy games. Building a living room PC now and won’t even have mouse and keyboard on that one.
No hate.

Havoc2049

This is the board that had Halo Infinite as GOTY. I’m very surprised. But yeah maybe that’s it, Xbox gamers are on PC now. And maybe Nintendo is low because it’s the perfect secondary platform. The poll is asking about the main platform.
The core groups of gamers on the OG Xbox were Sega Dreamcast gamers and PC gamers. I had my Xbox hooked up to my PC, playing online multi-player Halo CE and co-op Brute Force via fan made Xbox Connect, before Live was a thing.

IAmRei

Switch 60% mainly MK with whole studio
PC 30% when i got the time
PS5 10% gaining dust because i dont have much interest ...

But this will be change with Dragons Dogma 2 next month.

GreatnessRD

PC all the way

I will say I'm surprised its kinda close between Playstation and PC. I just knew Playstation would be destroying in a landslide style victory. Guess a lot more people are adopting PC here. Keep coming! Then Jim Ryan and his replacement will give me my day 1 games and the ones I actually want!

Sakura

PC. More and more traditionally console only games are going PC these days (even the first party games), so not much reason for me to game on console anymore. Except for Nintendo.

John Wick

I mainly game on PS5 30%
FPS games are strictly PC only as I can't aim with joypads when mouse and keyboard is far superior 30%
Switch 30%
Xbox for Forza Horizon etc 10%

Fabieter

A few years ago, I was primarily a playstation gamer. However, given that almost all Japanese games, including Sony's, are now heading to PC, it's PC gaming for me now.

omegasc

PS5 and PC. Cross saves games like Diablo 4, Witcher 3 are a bliss. I would double dip more often if more games supported. Eg Elden Ring.

cHaOs667

1.: Xbox family (Series X, One X, Cloud)
2.: Steam Deck
3.: iPad
4.: PC
5.: Retro (PS Vita, Amiga, CD32, (S)NES, 2600 etc.)
6.: Mac (only if it's not viable to play on another system...)
7.: Mobile... no thanks.

Bond007

Playstation. Since PSX

But I own all the consoles cause I want access to all exclusives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom