• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your primary gaming platform?

What's your primary gaming platform?

• Playstation

• Xbox

• Nintendo

• PC

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Svejk

PS5 96% of the time.

PC only when I want to trial a game and/or fuck around with mods. Told myself a few years back that I would start to wean myself from PS this gen towards PC, but I hate... let me repeat, HATE gaming on a PC. It's always a hassle, I don't believe what anyone says otherwise. I have a decent PC (laptop) too that easily rivals the PS5's specs, if not better, but, the whole routine of turning it on, let updates happen, setting it up; getting the HDMI cord out, getting a table or chair for it, going through settings for the controller to connect (if it does at all), making sure the window shares/doesn't mirror to tv, dealing with more pop ups (like Steam's), ...I won't even get into the hooking up earphones routine and sound adjustment, jfc... It's literally easier and quicker setting up my PSVR1 than PC gaming. The cherry on top of the hate, is sitting at my desk where I spend most of my work day already. I hate sitting here any longer than I have to. I cannot game comfortably at a desk with a monitor.
*whew.. that felt good to release.

My Switch just sits there collecting dust and pisses me off everyday that I spent money for it. Wish the fam would let me sell that POS (they don't play it either.)

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tumblr_myzrwiVAQR1svwlszo1_500.gif

Capitan Todd

Neo Member
PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo. I tend to buy all consoles, but I often sell them after a few years again. Right now I only have a PS5 for example. PC isn't really my thing anymore. I love the simplicity of consoles I guess.

Went from XSX to PS5 to Glorious PC Master race in 4 months.

Man, the instant joy I felt when I had a good gaming rig again. Missed it for 10 years. Never going back to console.

Is it as comfortable as console gaming? Not by a long run. But the fact I can use mods, dont have to pay for online, get games WAY cheaper than on consoles all are benefits for me.

I always played console on a monitor with KB+M with supported games, so the use of a desk isn't a trade off for me.
I also have an HDMI extender hooked up to the TV in the living room along with a wireless controller and Mediacenter keyboard.

So I can sit behind my desk or on the couch. Best of 2 worlds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom