• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you are a guest but they have only cheap knock off Cola

Skyzard

Banned
Guy I was friends with in school sort of did the opposite. My family would buy 24can cartons of coke, this friend would only ever get "Homebrand Cola" they were like 1/3 the cost of a can of Coke, tasted terrible, 1st time he came over we had our cans, we discovered a week or so after his 2nd visit that he'd apparently brought a bunch of his cheap Cola in his bag, pulled out every can from the carton, replaced the bottom row with Homebrand, then put some of the Coca Cola cans back on top..It would've been less obvious if he'd just swiped a couple of cans, parents would've just blamed me or my brother for having too much.

This is kinda hilarious.

A douche once came over and called a sex hotline from our house phone.

Never considered this a problem. If they offer a soda and I accept it, I'll drink it. Most colas taste similar enough. It's not like you were expecting Coke and got Mello Yellow or something...

BTW, Royal Crown Cola is actually really good.

Wood Man

"so I'm sitting there and I start to get thirsty"

"Yeah?"

"and I figure to myself 'what would really hit the spot right now?'

"as any man should"

"and I realize I want. A coke. A delicious drink past down from our ancestors down the line since time immemorial. But here lies the problem George "

" what happened Jerry? "

" what they brought out wasn't coke. It was a CO. KNOCK OFF."

"didnt have a coke?!"

"didn't. Have. A. Coke"

"what kind of savages were they"

"thats what I thought!"

Perfect

I agree with the OP, so maybe I'm a bit of a pop snob too but I can't stand RC Cola or the Cola that comes from the local supermarkets when I'm at a BBQ, usually in that scenario I just go with the 7UP knock-off, generally it taste the same.

Alebrije

irZi86QTxj_6urXLStTdLDWU_gsmplILUunFy5zLhX1eq8cn1BCtQb6n3K1XolsH3jl3UQZhV8izVt0__ksOHLXnuwCpVTDPtVhZCt0MKAQ-igDygQ=w426-h240-nc

Fake it, then throw it

Akainu

Rösti;238154160 said:
I would rather enjoy the fact of being invited than worry about what kind of beverage I'm served.

I had some fish and chips at a restaurant a while ago and explicitly asked for a Pepsi. They didn't have Pepsi so I got a Coke instead.

This sounds like you upgraded what was the problem?

Top Bottom