• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Bioshock 4? And we should go back to Rapture...

jviggy43

Id rather go back to columbia. So much more potential and the rail mechanic deserved to be implemented way more than it was.

But really I'd rather go to a new place.

renzolama

I absolutely love Prey, but Talos pales in comparison to Rapture, one of the most memorable settings in games.

I don't think it's fair to say that it "pales" in comparison, the environmental/level design in Prey for Talos 1 is pretty extraordinary. The fact that you can literally fly around the entire station from top to bottom is fantastic (in the real sense of the root word "fantasy"). Rapture level design is nowhere near as complex and interconnected, though I'd probably agree that the environmental design/style is stronger. They're both amazingly realized worlds.

Necron

No more Rapture despite loving it. A new setting is preferable.

Or they set it in a Rapture of a different dimension where everything is working fine... until you come along.

Edit: love some of the ideas in this thread as well. I just hope we get a part 4 eventually.

killatopak

I wish they'd go back to the more suspense and horror parts of the game. I really liked the atmosphere in 1. There's just something haunting to it.

I definitely think there's a lot of mileage left in the gameplay of the Bioshock games; plenty of room to build, innovate and improve upon so gameplay wise yea, where is Bioshock 4. However, as an in game universe and story. things need to end to have meaning. Whether you like where they went with things or not, it feels like they really finished Bioshock thematically with Infinite, and then put the nail in the coffin on tying up all the lore with the dlc. I guess I'd prefer a spiritual successor or follow-up then. Something that takes the gameplay to the next level and the narrative style to the next level but a completely different narrative with different themes and thoughts being explored.

KonradLaw

I would love to see a game set in Rapture entirely before it's fall. The brief glimpses of it in Infinite's DLCs were nice, but I want much more.

bbylean

Neo Member
Aslong as they keep the fundamental horror element and atmosphere it can be anywhere.

Although I do miss Rapture...

Con_Smith

Banned
If it's just straight up Rapture what even is the point. All the characters are spliced out and it just wouldn't be interesting.

Give me an underground bioshock though and we good.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The series is dead. It had one good game(Bioshock 1), with 3 made.

Let it rest.

EGM1966

Nah - leave it. Developers and publishers need to get better at stopping when a narrative driven title has reached a solid end and not try and milk it or leverage the known brand identity.

New IP and new creative risks would be a better deal.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I feel like we already discussed less than a week ago.

A paradise like island with an underwater and mountain area component. Obviously with a lighthouse.

KRaZyAmmo

No. I'd much prefer an expansion to Columbia as there's still more that could have been done with the settings, lore, and rail lines or a completely new place. Rather not have it set in Rapture again. I feel like we got all we gotten out of the place.

nekkid

Someone in the other thread mentioned having it underground.

I'd actually be up for that if it was done in the same vein as the suggested underground cities in The War of the Worlds art:

WarOWorldsWayne_05.jpg

Duxxy3

I'd like to see a post infinite game set in columbia.

edit: Though an underground city would be pretty cool too...

Bioshock in Space should be like DARK CITY.

My idea from the other thread would be to base it on THE TRUMAN SHOW (with elements of RUNNING MAN thrown in).

nekkid

Bioshock in Space should be like DARK CITY.

Bioshock in space just sounds like a horrible idea. What I liked about the series was the theme of "super advanced fictional city for that period in history".

I guess you could set it on 1970s space technology, but that still feels too recent to me.

snap

Banned
why do people love rapture so much

maybe it's because i came late to it, after beating infinite, but i didn't find rapture all that compelling in bioshock 1. novel idea of a city for about an hour and then it gets old

TheStig88

I'd much rather see a return to Columbia in some form if we have to go back to one of the two. There was so much potential in the opening hours of Columbia that was completely undermined by the game it turned in to once the shooting started. I'd love to see something closer to Infinite's early trailers.

That won't happen though, so my fingers are crossed for a new setting.

Azzanadra

Id rather go back to columbia. So much more potential and the rail mechanic deserved to be implemented way more than it was.

But really I'd rather go to a new place.

The problem with Columbia is
it never existed
, really the whole ending trivializes the strongest element in the game (setting).

I would, like you prefer a new setting.

Actually you know what I would want more than anything though? I know this will never happen, but I want a remake of Bioshcok Infinite, the surreal horror game we were promised, the open levels of Columbia we were showed at E3, the themes of American exceptionalism that we were told would be executed with maturity and tact instead of the confusing mess we got. The initial pitch and gameplay for Bioshock Infinite makes it my most anticipated title ever, and if they could bring *that* game into reality, that would be my ideal future for this franchise even though this will 100% never happen.

Savitar

I rather they have a game where after the fall of Rapture the government and various companies got their hands on the stuff to make Tonics. This caused great changes and advancements in society and of course like Rapture, everything went to hell because society abused it and many got addicted and couldn't get their fix.

Could be fun.

Xero

Ive been to rapture twice. I wouldn't bother going back a third time. I would just skip the game entirely there is nothing left i want to explore or learn in rapture.

Option-

burried by the publisher who thought selling 10 mio. of copies of bioshock isn´t enough and therefore decided to kill the developer

BlizzKrut

Banned
I would love to see a game set in Rapture entirely before it's fall. The brief glimpses of it in Infinite's DLCs were nice, but I want much more.

Exactly what I was thinking, doesn't even have to be a main game, could be something separate, but the pre-fall Rapture parts made Burial At Sea Part 1 one of my favorite DLC's.

I've had this Idea for a Bioshock game set in a huge dome on the martian wasteland for years.

Something like

martian_biodomes_by_arkturium-d5ynfl7.png

+
18ls5i900uwkwjpg.jpg

BARBARELLA6192012.jpeg

komatsuzaki_13_large.jpg

fin1970s.jpg

I like the idea of the whole city being built around some kind of structure they found on the martian surface left behind by a race that long abandoned mars and a cult who worship it living among scientiest and academics who wish to study it. They devout have powers from worshiping it and the scientists have powers from study and scientific manipulation of it.

The whole city is a political tinderbox about to explode because of the belief by the belivers of the scientists abuse and the belief of the scientists that those who pilgrimage to mars should never been aloud entry to the city.

You play a female scientist who at the start of the game leaves earth to journey to mars to replace a scientist who has gone missing and you're aboard the only flight which is a pilgrim ship which is where you encounter a family on their way. A father and monther and their late teenage son. The ship crash lends outside the city destroying the landing platform and only you and the son survive. What follows is both the player character and the son as the companion learning their own beliefs might be flawed as the city erupts due to them being strandad on mars because they cant fly out and no new ships can easily land.

120v

sick of Rapture, personally. maybe if Infinite never existed and bound the game's universe there i could roll with it, but there's so many other possibilities

jelly

I've had this Idea for a Bioshock game set in a huge dome on the martian wasteland for years.

Something like

martian_biodomes_by_arkturium-d5ynfl7.png

+
18ls5i900uwkwjpg.jpg

BARBARELLA6192012.jpeg

komatsuzaki_13_large.jpg

fin1970s.jpg

I like the idea of the whole city being built around some kind of structure they found on the martian surface left behind by a race that long abandoned mars and a cult who worship it living among scientiest and academics who wish to study it. They devout have powers from worshiping it and the scientists have powers from study and scientific manipulation of it.

The whole city is a political tinderbox about to explode because of the belief by the belivers of the scientists abuse and the belief of the scientists that those who pilgrimage to mars should never been aloud entry to the city.

You play a female scientist who at the start of the game leaves earth to journey to mars to replace a scientist who has gone missing and you're aboard the only flight which is a pilgrim ship which is where you encounter a family on their way. A father and monther and their late teenage son. The ship crash lends outside the city destroying the landing platform and only you and the son survive. What follows is both the player character and the son as the companion learning their own beliefs might be flawed as the city erupts due to them being strandad on mars because they cant fly out and no new ships can easily land.

Dead Space 2 kinda has a similar theme to part of that with the Marker.

Top Bottom