• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where, oh where, is the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller?

BruceCLea

Banned
So yeah, this is weird...I can't seem to find and pre-order the Nintendo Switch Pro controller...anywhere

I've already paid for my Switch console at my local GameStop and they didn't even have the SKU number on their pre order sheet.
Checked Amazon...nope.
Checked Target...nope.
Walmart...nope.
Best Buy...nope.

The only place that even has the box art is at Nintendo's website.

This is very frustrating. I remember back in 2006 when it was impossible to get Wii accessories if you were lucky enough to snag a Wii.

The extra dock isn't available either...but I think more people will be wanting that $70 controller with HD rumble.

solomon

Pre-ordered the switch today and tried to do the same with the controller, gamestop said the pro isn't showing up on their system.

Cartman86

Banned
Well the Amazon US site is fucked anyways right now with how they are even listing some things, so i'm user over the next couple weeks this will all be sorted out.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Wasn't on the list of accessories on the printout gamestop had. I thought that was weird and I asked about it and I'm pretty sure dude had no idea what I meant by "Pro Controller." I also asked him if Gravity Rush 2 was coming out next week and he said "... uh, what?" so, yeah.

suaveric

What is going on with this? This isn't some obscure peripheral, this has been in all of the Switch marketing since the very beginning. I hope the grip controller is good enough, but I have my doubts. I want to play Zelda in comfort!

Skeletos311

What is going on with this? This isn't some obscure peripheral, this has been in all of the Switch marketing since the very beginning. I hope the grip controller is good enough, but I have my doubts. I want to play Zelda in comfort!

I've been asking this since Friday. Nobody seems to know anything about it. I'm hoping someone can get something out of Nintendo on Monday.

DonShula

Retailers appear to have had almost no advance notice of this stuff going by item descriptions and selection (Amazon literally saying things like "just announced at the Switch presentation"). I would expect things to stabilize once we get a few working days into this week.

jonafish

Neo Member
I thought this was odd that you can't preorder. Like said above, I remember it being such a hassle to try and find Wii accessories, so I wanted to pre-order one of these controllers to ensure I had one.

OneUh8

I was wondering about that too. Not too worried as it seems the joycons as a controller seem pretty good. I will probably stick with that for a while anyway.

Matt

The best explanation is probably that Nintendo isn't yet sure how many they will have available for launch, so they haven't sent any info on them to retailers.

I've got my eye on the Hori controller. They've got a good history with pads and it could be a bit cheaper so if that's available close to launch or after and winds up being less pricey, I might just snag one up.

original.jpg

brad-t

The Hori pad is wired and has no gyro (nor NFC and HD rumble but those are definitely nice-to-haves). I don't feel like the tradeoff is worth it.

Persona7

Banned
I've got my eye on the Hori controller. They've got a good history with pads and it could be a bit cheaper so if that's available close to launch or after and winds up being less pricey, I might just snag one up.

original.jpg

Yeah, I like the hori pads I own so I will get this when I get a switch eventually. No point in paying $70 bucks when hori has proved to me that they are reliable.

LordofPwn

Would be nice to pre-order one so I don't have to worry about fighting crowds at Best Buy for it. Hearing that the joy cons are good is a nice consolation if I can't get one though. Maybe they'll go up this week

RM8

original.jpg
Hori controllers are usually better than first party ones, but this d-pad is looking weird to me :/

original.jpg

Where does this plug into? The USB on the side of the dock? If so that sounds less than ideal

WadeitOut

I keep reading from impressions that think the Joycon with grip feels better than the pro controller. So I don't feel the need to drop $70 for it.

It's also hideous looking.

Top Bottom