• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which console's home screen has been the most clean and least cluttered?

jiggawalla

Neo Member
hqdefault.jpg
]

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sorry guys but those who hate the Vita UI obviously haven't used it, this is how a page looks like
interface_ps_tv_sony.jpg

it's already clean, but it's customizable and it can look like these:
7.jpg

15218970598_f75f456a33_n.jpg

4b6WE3v.jpg

It's really fast, easy and as you can see in the last screen there are directories, meaning that in a single screen you can have access to 100 elements and you can launch any one of them with just 2 touches on the screen.

Let's look at Switch and the xmb on the other hand
xmb_manual.jpg

yes they are clean, but if there are 100 games and you want to access to the last one you should scroll all entire linear list from left to right(switch) or up to down(xmb), i had a ps3 and a psp and especially on psp i hated it because i had dozens of games on the memory card.

List-like uis are always inferior to grid-like uis but especially if you have lots of elements, only those who have few games can say that a list-like-ui is good imo.

EDIT:
i guess this is cheating but the GPD Win has this
TaskView.jpg

EDIT2:
i was wrong about switch sorry, i like it actually lol!

Depends on how you organise it. This is how I have my PS4 setup.

Store
What's new
Apps
Games
Media
Library

20170203224140_livujxm.jpg

But Sony, for the love of god let met change the colour of the tiles with the next update. That stuff drives me crazy.

This is #ps4goals. How did you get the font to appear in such a way?

I prefer the Xbox UI. Every app I need is on the dashboard and quickly accessible. Absolutely hate using apps on the PS4, why do they have to bury shit under so many menus. And don't even want to start with that embarrassing attempt at a "360 guide" menu.

If Netflix or YouTube aren't the last used apps on my xbone my wife can't figure out how to find them.

My pick is the switch hands down.

BlakeofT

Sure is a lot of PS4 love.

I personally wish I could pin specific games/apps to the row of icons without having to put them in folders, and then hide everything else in the library. For the most part, PS4 home has evolved very nicely and I like how it looks with the dark Neogaf theme.

I like the Switch home and look forward to see how it evolves.

My favorite is probably the 3DS. Very customizable and it has a lot of charm that I've grown to love.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Sorry guys but those who hate the Vita UI obviously haven't used it, this is how a page looks like
interface_ps_tv_sony.jpg

it's already clean, but it's customizable and it can look like these:
7.jpg

15218970598_f75f456a33_n.jpg

4b6WE3v.jpg

It's really fast, easy and as you can see in the last screen there are directories, meaning that in a single screen you can have access to 100 elements and you can launch any one of them with just 2 touches on the screen.

Let's look at Switch and the xmb on the other hand
PuAjVf4.jpg
xmb_manual.jpg

yes they are clean, but if there are 100 games and you want to access to the last one you should scroll all entire linear list from left to right(switch) or up to down(xmb), i had a ps3 and a psp and especially on psp i hated it because i had dozens of games on the memory card.

List-like uis are always inferior to grid-like uis but especially if you have lots of elements, only those who have few games can say that a list-like-ui is good imo.

EDIT:
i guess this is cheating but the GPD Win has this
TaskView.jpg

Yup.

I dont get the Vita UI hate either as far as this topic.

With what I bolded, while I do agree overall for some reason on my phone I prefer grids, icons. Consoles I prefer lists.

Crazy, lol.

Vitet

yes they are clean, but if there are 100 games and you want to access to the last one you should scroll all entire linear list from left to right(switch)

That's not true. Switch has gridview if there are many elements. And it's a matter of time they add folders, like they did with WiiU or 3DS.

1703-10-Bot%C3%B3n-Men%C3%BA-Nintendo-Switch-02-600x338.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's not true. Switch has gridview if there are many elements. And it's a matter of time they add folders, like they did with WiiU or 3DS.

1703-10-Bot%C3%B3n-Men%C3%BA-Nintendo-Switch-02-600x338.jpg

Ok, in that case not only i retire what i said but i add that i really like it!

Top Bottom