• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which is going to be bigger: Destiny 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2 or COD: WW2?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
People really think Destiny will beat CoD in sales?

CoD WWII>Battlefront 2>Destiny 2

and I can't say I'm interested in any of them :/
The last game had very strong momentum and racked up 30 million players.

I don't think it has a real chance in the first year though.

UberLevi

Destiny 2, and it's not even close. At least in terms of longevity. The others might be huge successes as well, but D2 will probably have a large, active community for the next 3 years.

COD will be a strong seller, but I think Destiny 2 could seriously skyrocket the series into new territory. The first game's following is only comparable to Overwatch in terms of new FPS franchises and it's on PC this time. I think it will have the biggest following.

Nielm

Destiny 2, the other two have a bad rep, but Destiny is fresher and still has a pretty large playerbase.

ZOONAMI

Easily destiny. Gonna sell well on PC but the other 2 won't really.

^Deztiny with the raids will do very well on PC. PC already has better multiplayer pure shooters in BF and CS.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You guys really think Destiny 2 will beat a Call of Duty game in sales?

Experts, y'all.

Destiny 2 hands down. The fact it is going to PC as well just opens up that many more sales. Destiny by far has been the greatest multiplayer romp game I have played this gen. For basic login have a blast with a group of people and leave it is the best.

Reality is COD but I can dream.

Depends how the public responds to COD hitting up World War II again; could be a hit that somehow overshadows the rising star that is Destiny, but more likely, could also be yet another casualty of the sales decline that started with Ghosts. I predict it will sell well for a modern COD game, but not nearly as well as Destiny 2.

Battlefront 2 may have a bigger sales lead on BF1 at launch thanks to the campaign, but the general lack of Star-Wars-coming-back hype (as was present in 2015) might balance things out a bit. Definitely has the potential to be a good long-term seller depending on how expanded the content is over the first game + how they approach DLC sans season pass.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Experts, y'all.
I think people are thinking about by the end of destiny's life. COD is very front loaded and of course there will be one next year. The question was only about COD WWII though

geordiemp

COD, Destiny 2, BF2.

In that order for both.

Yup, although Destiny 2 will be massive and bigger than Destiny 1 IMO, but also COD is back to boots on ground so...For COD if netcode is good and dedi servers it will win.

Destiny 2 really needs dedicated servers for PVP world wide to make the next big step to challenge COD.

I think Battlefront has a chance. The first game sold 15mil, even with the poor reviews of it. Battlefront 2 is shaping up to be something big.

I also don't think Cod will grow with WW2. I think the decline will continue, but we'll see.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think people are thinking about by the end of destiny's life. COD is very front loaded and of course there will be one next year. The question was only about COD WWII though

its not though at least not to the extent of other titles. it continues to chart months after other releases outside of GTA and other COD games (or FIFA outside US) are long gone.

Experts, y'all.

Let them dream.

Absolutely, undeniably Battlefront. Assuming they actually deliver on the game, they've got a perfect storm for huge sales. CoD is still on the downswing. Destiny 2 is aiming for a different audience. They'll have the most attractive bundle for the holidays (a $199 Slim with BF2 seems likely). DICE is riding a positive wave after Battlefront 1.

Oh, and a new Star Wars movie is coming out.

The game is going to clean up, across the board.

One of the reasons people do not like Infinite Warfare is because the multiplayer is not as great as COD MP usually is.

Even though people praise its campaign, Infinite Warfare is still one of the worst selling COD games simply because the multiplayer dropped the ball. Note that they had a beta which was not very well received, so the community did try out the game before they decided not to buy it.

COD is a multiplayer game, the campaign just sets the setting.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Call of Duty is not front-loaded. Even boring-ass Advanced Warfare showed up in the top 10 US in yearly sales for the year after it was released.

Even a huge commercial failure in Call of Duty terms would still be millions upon million of units sold above the sales of the original Destiny.

You guys are completely out of your element with these "predictions".

Circinus

I'd guess Call of Duty: WWII > Star Wars: Battlefront 2 > Destiny 2

I'm talking about long-term sales (after like 1 year). Launch day sales might be different, I'd guess launch day could be like CoD WWII > Destiny 2 > Star Wars Battlefront 2

Welfare

CoD WW2 > Destiny 2 > Battlefront 2

Infinite Warfare was still the best selling game of 2016 even with it selling around half as much as Black Ops 3. WW2 will see an improvement over IW. Destiny 2 and BF2 are not that close to CoD level success.

Experts, y'all.

The bubble is real.

CoD is going to win but I'm sure Destiny 2 will be most played by gaf members.

Who knows, even then, COD is going back to the thing that everyone was saying they wanted with WWII.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Absolutely, undeniably Battlefront. Assuming they actually deliver on the game, they've got a perfect storm for huge sales. CoD is still on the downswing. Destiny 2 is aiming for a different audience. They'll have the most attractive bundle for the holidays (a $199 Slim with BF2 seems likely). DICE is riding a positive wave after Battlefront 1.

Oh, and a new Star Wars movie is coming out.

The game is going to clean up, across the board.

battlefront 2 might not even do as well as the original. episode 7 hype train was much higher than episode 8. will depend on quality of the game imo as the sequel might have less of a draw from those casual fans who might have bought the first one. not sure if those people will be back.

I have a hunch WWII will sell at near MW3/Bo2 levels, so based on that I think COD, Destiny, Battlefront. If Bungie really nail Destiny 2 though long term could be a different story.

I think it depends on what they show for Destiny 2 at E3. WWII has already gotten a positive view for going back to the setting. Battlefront 2, the campaign had better be good.

ch4fx_

I still play Destiny weekly.

I haven't thought about CoD Advanced Warfare since.... ???

Destiny 2, for me. Although I will be getting this years CoD for that sweet sweet WWII action.

No health regeneration may turn off the campers of COD. (god how I do not miss that st all)

Hard to say how well IW did because it had a remixed COD4 attached.

Destiny 2 will be the biggest I believe.

Korso

I think it will be Destiny 2 or COD:WWII. Either way, Activision wins. SW Battlfront 2 looks promising so far tho.

Top Bottom