• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

Status
Not open for further replies.
alice-cooper%20(1).jpg

kingwingin

2 years ago me and some friends drove down to chicago and I went to see the guys from hardcore pawn chicago.

They were cool guys to talk to, kept calling everyone jagoffs lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It was tough to rank them, but probably Jim Carrey.

Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Howard Shore and Christopher Lee before TTT came out.
Avon Barksdale (Wood Harris) at LA courthouse.

Worked with a lot of great comics over the past few years.

Awesome great people!

Maria Bamford
Nick Kroll
Marc Maron
Chris Harwick
Damon Waynens
Adam Ferarra
John Mullany
Hari Kondobulu
Hannible Buress
Doug Benson
Paul f Tompkins

Awful people
ares spears
Jon Lovitts
Richard Lewis

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Glacier, Billy Kidman, Prince Iaukea. Universal Studios back in 98, I believe.

One of mine was at Universal. Fred Savage while he was doing The Wizard.

BFIB

I worked at a very large bank that also had a high profile comedy venue right by it. So I met quite a few comics after getting their payday.

Louis CK
Jeanine Garafolo
Bill Burr
Bob Saget
Greg Giraldo (RIP)
Pauly Shore-total dick

There's some others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Jag

I met Tony Hawk and he signed my copy of tony hawks pro skater 2 it was pretty dope.

Oh yeah. That reminds me that I rode a ski lift up with Sean White a few years ago in Park City. He was with this tall blonde chick on line for a three person lift. I was in the single line and paired up with them.

He was wearing a helmet and mask so I didn't know it was him when he leaned over and told me to take the next chair which kind of pissed me off. I said "no, this one is fine for me." Some guy then yelled out "Hey Sean!" and I saw the red curly hair and figured it out.

I rode the chair up with them anyway because I was annoyed he told me to take another one.

KingKiller

Neo Member
George Perez, Rapper Machine Gun Kelly, and I had a dream that I was hanging out with this girl I had a crush on and Fritz Lang. I smoke way to much weed before bed.

Hmm... if we're talking world famous, I'd probably go with either the pope or J.K. Rowling. Hard to rank them, I'm not sure which one more people know.

At first I didn't think I had ever met anyone famous, but now I remember I met Al Franken at the Minnesota State Fair once.

I gave the queen a red rose when I was 8yrs old. She came to open the new shopping centre where I used to live.

This was the Queen of England? She does shopping center ribbon cutting ceremonies?

Makai

I talked with the director of This Film Is Not Yet Rated.

Maybe not that famous. I don't even remember his name. :|

Most famous? Probably either Bruce Smith (NFL's all-time sack leader) or Faith Hill.

The coolest celebs I've met were the bands Mastodon and Opeth. Mikael Akerfeldt is such a nice, chill guy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Rob Cordry, Aziz Ansari and Rob Riggle at a festival. All very nice guys (I think Rob Cordry was kinda sketched out by my sleep deprived fandom).

thomaser

Shigeru Miyamoto. Can't think of any others. I've been in the same room as Iwata, though... and of Haruki Murakami.

Strange: All my most famous people are Japanese, and I'm Norwegian. I guess I've been pretty close to the Norwegian queen, and to some wintersports-stars, but "being close to" doesn't really count.

kris.

Banned
Patrick Stickles I guess? Does anyone even know who Titus Andronicus are?

Dammit, I'm boring.

Worked with a lot of great comics over the past few years.

Awesome great people!

Maria Bamford
Nick Kroll
Marc Maron
Chris Harwick
Damon Waynens
Adam Ferarra
John Mullany
Hari Kondobulu
Hannible Buress
Doug Benson
Paul f Tompkins

DAMN. Jealous!

mclem

Tom Jones, I think. Happened to be on the same flight as us, and hung around as we disembarked to say hello to people.

Also Terry Pratchett, but signings make that rather easy!

A friend of mine has worked academically with Stephen Hawking.

Sobriquet

Briefly spoke to Christopher Walken once at the old office building I use to work at. There's a record studio above the floor I worked at.

I saw him by the elevator and being star struck, i said, "you're Christopher Walken!"
He replies with "yeaa.. I am." Smelt the alcohol in his breathe. It was like 10 AM.

Yeah, he starts early. Drunk at 7am.

Nobody really.

I shook hands with the CEO of US Steel last week and Ariana Huffington was about 10 feet away from me where I work.

I've also said hi to Eric Cantor about a year ago.

I used to live in LA where there are famous people coming out the wazoo. Of course most of the people you meet are former stars or people that make you say "Hey, isn't that that guy from that thing?" So if you want to meet famous people, move to LA!

Foxes

Neo Member
I'm gonna define "met" as to speak to in person.

For me it would probably be meeting YA author Rick Riordan at an event when I was fifteen. Over the summer I got the chance to speak to Sufjan Stevens at a Q and A session, which was incredible. I'm not sure which of them is more famous.

I met Lou Ferrigno when I was ~15.

He's a big dude.

Pacbois

Hilary Swank. Used to work in a british bookshop in Paris, and she came by one day, she was really nice. Also met a lot of musicians at shows and festivals. I had a chat with Stuart Murdoch from Belle and Sebastian and had a drink with one the guys from disclosure recently. And have an autograph from Damon Albarn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom