• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who will buy Zelda BOTW WiiU ?

What system are you buying Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimrpg

Hey guys, any PAL gamers here? I want to buy the PAL version off Play-Asia to play on my Australian Wii U. I'm assuming it's the U.K. Version. I know the game will work fine but what about buying the DLC. will the U.K. Version connect to the AUS eshop?

I wanted to wait for some analisys of the two versions before buying. I want to know if there is too much difference. If the difference is not the big i would buy the Wii U digital and then the Switch version physical later when I buy the Switch.

It doesn't look like Nintendo is going to allow us to pre-load the game so I may grab a physical copy because it will take over a day to download it with my ass Internet.

maxcriden

It doesn't look like Nintendo is going to allow us to pre-load the game so I may grab a physical copy because it will take over a day to download it with my ass Internet.

I think the preload issue for Wii U is due to the leaked assets taken from the preload on the UK, which has since been removed.

I'm a little concerned about downloading it on Switch, in terms of how long it may take. What's your Mbps like?

I may have no choice but to buy it for the WiiU if I want to play it at launch. I have had some unexpected expenses recently so the Switch will have to wait a while.

khaaan

I will

nqhMERR.png

I know three years is chump change compared to how long people have pre-ordered some other infamous titles but I pre-ordered it when the CAD was stronger. It's basically half the price of a new-game so I'm more than happy to play the Wii U version.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Cancelled my Switch console and Zelda pre-order in favor of just grabbing the Wii U version. Not convinced the tech upgrade is meaningful and by the time a second game releases on Switch I want, there will likely be holiday bundles and deals.

That said, Amazon now is unclear if it can cover my pre-order of the Wii U game, so I also pre-ordered with Best Buy whom still states release date delivery. I have a strong suspicion that March 3 will roll around and neither will have shipped the game or have an idea when my copy is to arrive. I have zero faith in Reggie's capability to properly manage expectations and the NA territory supply chain for loyal customers.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe somebody else will have a comparison by Friday though.

Yeah, problem with that is I'd want a physical copy. I could download it but... if I'm paying $60 for a game, I want that disc, lol. Can't help but worry this a TP GameCube situation where it's super hard to find unless you've pre-ordered (which I haven't yet). Ugh, I get that Nintendo wants the focus to be on the Switch version, but I think they could have at least provided previewers with copies of both versions so us poor Wii U owners could have some piece of mind. It probably would've been good PR for the Switch version too, since it would've shown folks how much better the Switch version (presumably) is.

Other option is just preorder the Wii U version and don't open it until you've seen enough comparisons. Then you can just return it if you decide to wait and play on Switch.

Jacknapes

Picking it up on the WiiU. I don't see the need to get a Switch just for Zelda, for me it doesn't warrant the cost of a new console for just 1 game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Getting the Wii U version here.

After the shitshow that was the Wii U, it'll take a lot more than just a handful of titles to sell me on a Switch.

"I just made the Breath of the Wild prologue on Wii U. Unfortunately, it's an amazing ad for the (version) Switch."

https://mobile.twitter.com/boulapoire/status/836339548175142914

Aliasing prononcé, image moins nette, graves ralentissements/saccades... Et rien sur le GamePad quand tu joues sur télé ou inversement.

Dernier truc qui vient probablement autant de la console que du jeu : un temps de chargement de 5 secondes minimum au retour du menu Home...

His issues seem to be worsened aliasing, less clear image (guess that's the 720p resolution acting up), slowdown and some jerking (framedrops + framepacing?), lack of image on the GamePad (which we knew about), and that it takes a long time for the Home menu to load.

Image quality is expected and we knew about the gamepad thing. Shame about the frame issues and the loading if true though.

Précision : l'install' de données/MAJ promise pour la version disque est faite. Il y a peut-être un patch day one prévu mais en attendant...

He says this is with the mandatory install applied, but notes maybe a day one patch will fix some of his issues.

Justinh

Saw the gamekult tweet and then watched a 15 minutes video of the Wii u version , seems not bad
Man, this game...
Dislaimer: I pre-ordered the game already, no need to come at me like "But u piraaated iiiit!!!111".
No, I already bought it... For the Switch tho, but that'll only arrive on Friday :)

I already knew some stuff from the game since I played it at a Switch event in Vienna. It runs surprisingly smooth on the Wii U so far, only a few frame drops here and there.
I don't get why this game seems to make people think that if you buy one version of the game, that you are entitled to every version of that game. Someone on GAF posted something similar, that he preordered the switch Master version and that somehow justified him downloading an unauthorized copy.

At least he says it runs "surprisingly smooth" though, I guess. (actually looks pretty chunky to me, though.
Especially as he runs up to the campfire, woof!
)

Preordered mine the other day for Best Buy pickup, I'll pick it up around 11 am but if there are somehow any Switches left over (certainly won't be) I'd probably be too tempted and buy that right there. Otherwise it'll be a hell of a way to close out the Wii U.

kc44135

Other option is just preorder the Wii U version and don't open it until you've seen enough comparisons. Then you can just return it if you decide to wait and play on Switch.
This is actually a pretty great suggestion, and for whatever reason, I hadn't thought of it before. I'm going to do this tomorrow if I can still pre-order anywhere. Thx, dmaul1114.
Saw the gamekult tweet and then watched a 15 minutes video of the Wii u version , seems not bad

Wow, this looks great! Much better than I expected, and it's a massive leap up in quality from the old E3 builds, for sure.

balgajo

Saw the video, maybe someone want us to buy a Switch. Wii U version is fine imo.

Edit: Not saying that frame rate on Wii u is fine, but I saw the same issues on Switch.

It's funny because I originally voted for wait and see if I get a Switch, then came into this thread just now thinking I might get the Wii U version if it runs well, and then just now thought "well, you just found out you are getting an internship that pays decently for the next several months, so you can probably by a Switch."

So basically I don't know anymore! Question is: is it even possible to pre-order a Switch at this point?

Top Bottom