• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why was Resident Evil 1's voice acting so damn bad?

So you think Mikami actually wanted a realistic and believable story? You gotta be kidding.

That's actually what RE4 got perfectly right and the Resident Evils after that got perfectly wrong.

Just take a look at the game itself. It's a rollercoaster ride of fun.

Did you actually read what I posted?

I think I remember an interview where they said some of the lines in the game were actually made of bits and pieces from different takes, hence the akward pauses.

I need to look it up.

They actually reused some bits of dialogue for different conversations as well, it's incredibly obvious.

"Let's get going!"

"Okay, I'll take this then."

G'day all.

Barry is a top bloke, a splendid actor and is still going strong. He is in fact one of the busiest voice-over actors in Tokyo today.

I had the pleasure of directing him a few months ago, and can assure you that the famed "edit-acting" of his RE character was not at all his fault.

If anyone wishes to check him out, he plays Dr. Raymond Millar, in the soon to be released title by Rayark Inc - "Implosion".

There is a beautiful teaser trailer up on Youtube - soon to be taken down to correct a grammatical error. I'm sure all of you will pick up on it.

Top Bottom