• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why was that Amir0x thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the tea on this, it's not okay to be shoving this all under the rug when he was part of our community. The thread was archived on Twitter too. This'll be a nightmare if GAF tries to handwave and delete this.

There's a comment on the police record website mentioning that GAF had something like this happen before. What is the context of that comment?
Probably a troll

This makes it look really bad for the site. Guy is protected for years from punishment for shitting on other members, stealing from other members, and beating his mother. Turns out to be a pedophile? More nepotism.
Any proof of any of the latter stuff starting at stealing from other members?

Hex

Banned
What is his story? Why is he no longer a mod anymore?

He hasn't been a mod in like 4 years due to some stupidity with personal life choices and some questions if I remember correctly about money people sent to help with something.
The mods here and management have nothing to answer for, Am was just another poster for years.
Evil0re and other mods never had any problem banning him when he got stupid.

But the point is, this also can not be ignored.
But all that is merited is a "Yep, that's him move on"

Bronx-Man

Banned
Edited because I didn't want to slander any mods, but there seriously has to be a statement on this. Did anyone on GAF staff know about this before his arrest?

tumblr_ncov1z0hpY1s3vdxvo1_500.gif

oh boy

There's a comment on the police record website mentioning that GAF had something like this happen before. What is the context of that comment?

A mod left GAF for saying that victims of child rape were too irrational to debate pedophiles' place in society. He said this to a victim of child rape.

He was not a pedophile as far as I know.

Pastry

Banned
In all honesty Evilore is probably talking to corporate counsel about a statement at this point (I'm going to assume GAF has a lawyer on retainer)

I understand if a statement's being prepared, but uh deleting threads about it without even a ModBot or some kind of post saying "We're going to address the situation" makes it look a thousand times worse

To be fair, a steam profile and a forum post that contain a name can't really be used as examples that amir0x and the suspect are one and the same.

Nether!

Isn't there some unstated rule (not in the ToS) about posting information about members from outside NeoGAF (or even their post history from the site)?
That's probably why it was deleted. Although, if it is a rule, I've seen it treated pretty inconsistently.

Hatty

hey speaking of creepy pedophile topics, i remember there was a movie being made where there is explicit sex/rape scenes featuring a teenager (although the actress is really 19 or so, and I think she's from some South American/spanish country). wasn't more than half a year ago I read about this story, so the movie has to be fairly new or not out yet.

Anyway this actress was REAAAALLY hot but I forgot her name if anyone can find her name for me I will pay you with a smile.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom