• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why were the fights in Mortal Kombat more memorble then the ones in MK:Annihilation?

Altazor

Don't forget the terrible Halloween store-quality masks that the Barakas were wearing, lmao

more like entire costume...

mortal-kombat-annihilation.jpg

more like entire costume...

mortal-kombat-annihilation.jpg

Ugh it's even worse than I remember. You can see the open cuffs where the prosthetic for the arms are. And you can see that the "blades" pierce through the prosthetic and not like a blade through skin but like a haphazardly cut opening in plastic.

I remember Scorpion vs Subzero, Cyrax vs Jax, Sonya vs Mileena, Motaro vs Jax, Sheeva vs Sonya, Kitana vs Sindel, Liu Kang vs Shao Kahn, I think Ermac fought someone, and I remember Johnny Cage getting his ass beat.

Oh and Baraka vs Liu Kang.
why the heck do I remember these things

Funny thing about the Mortal Kombat movie: It completely changed the Kano character.

In the original Mortal Kombat video game, Kano was a Japanese assassin (he had the kanji for his name) with a bald visage. This continued up to MK3 or so; but the Australian actor's popular performance convinced Boon and the team to just retcon Kano to being an Aussie mercenary.

Fun stuff.

Bishop89

Funny thing about the Mortal Kombat movie: It completely changed the Kano character.

In the original Mortal Kombat video game, Kano was a Japanese assassin (he had the kanji for his name) with a bald visage. This continued up to MK3 or so; but the Australian actor's popular performance convinced Boon and the team to just retcon Kano to being an Aussie mercenary.

Fun stuff.
Well deserved, actor was great

Fun fact, Kano was originally American, but the actor in MK1 (Trevor Goddard) who was British was mistaken as Australian by Americans and people loved the portrayal so much they canonically changed the character to Australian

Casting so good they changed the character in the games to fit the actors portrayal going forward.

Fun stuff.

Nice

caliph95

Fun stuff.
Same thing with Raiden where in the original tournament he was just some asshole God who got bored of mortals fighting and caused the world to be destroyed by having gods fight instead

Then he became the typical wise mentor to the heroes

The fights in Annihilation had too much shitty CGI, or in the case of Jaxx, terrible props. The fights in the first film were at least by and large practical.

This.

The first one did more with less so that forced the stunt men to have better fight choreography.

And the dialogue was better.

And Johnny Cage was in the first MK providing the best one-liners.

And Christopher Lambert was in the first MK as well

In fact, the actors were just plain better

Top Bottom