• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

ant1532

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Elebits

elebits-20060907095823847.jpg
I love this picture!

The house looks great and i like that middle of the night feel

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Zelda looks gorgeous. **** the haters. Especially that fight shot with that knight. And the master sword in the forest. GotfM!!!

ivysaur12

Banned
Excite Truck looks awesome. Zelda looks unreal. Mario looks amazing. Even Wii Sports looks great.

Oh my god, November 19th, C'MON!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
NOTE: I really want to post some Raymam screen shots but none that are immediately available are gameplay. Coming soon on that one.

Disney's Chicken Little: Ace in Action
disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094922438.jpg

disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094923344.jpg

disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094924203.jpg

disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094926250.jpg

disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094927344.jpg

disneys-chicken-little-ace-in-action-20060914094929156.jpg

Oblivion

BigBoss said:
Game of the ****ing month?

Millenium, foo! :p

GitarooMan said:
EDIT: I have to say though, some of the ground textures in the Zelda screens, yikes,

Hey, cut it some slack. The game world is supposed to be huge (not saying it's as big as IGN rumored, though). Even RE4 had some bad ground textures.

Oblivion

By the way, where's that other ultra-awesome Wii game? You know what I'm talking about.

Super Paper Mario

J2 Cool

I'm extremely excited about Zelda and Mario, but not much else. Then again Wii Sports is probably fun, and hopefully Monkey Ball's back in top form. And the possibilities and a generation with Nintendo promises great things for the future. I'm a little confused though with Zelda being on Gamecube too though, and Wii's value vs. a $250 price tag. Aaaayy!

Nutter said:
the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082134302.jpg

That is the hands down best screenshot from any Wii game... and its a GC game to boot. :lol

It's also the only screenshot with sparks. Coincidence? I think not.

muttyeah416 said:
marvel-ultimate-alliance-20060914084142911.jpg

lol, is he the wii boxguy?

:lol You're joking right?

Xristot

I'm kind of interested in the SD gundam game. The reel from japan had some scenes in it that looked pretty nice. We should try to get some screens up here.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Oblivion said:
By the way, where's that other ultra-awesome Wii game? You know what I'm talking about.
I'm wondering about Kojima's and Miyamoto's new games too. :(

Har har removed ur spoiler

trh

Belfast said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are impressive, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?
It's what's underneath that counts! :(

Oblivion

Belfast said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are impressive, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?

Zelda looks great (for GC).

Mario looks awesome considering the hardware. Everything else is meh. So no, you don't have to worry about any double standards from me. :)

Foil

Belfast said:

Did you even have to ask? Nintendo could release a game that looks like pong, and they'd freak out over it.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Has there been any word yet on whether or not all games will support 16X9 and 480p? For any who's played Wii, can you describe how it looks on a HDTV. I hooked my Xbox up to my HDTV and it brought out quite a bit of jaggies that weren't noticable on my SDTV. Playing the games through the 360 cleans it up quite a bit. How does Wii compare to Xbox on a HDTV and 360 upscanning an Xbox game to 720p?

wsippel

Banned
J2 Cool said:
I'm extremely excited about Zelda and Mario, but not much else. Then again Wii Sports is probably fun, and hopefully Monkey Ball's back in top form. And the possibilities and a generation with Nintendo promises great things for the future. I'm a little confused though with Zelda being on Gamecube too though, and Wii's value vs. a $250 price tag. Aaaayy!

It's also the only screenshot with sparks. Coincidence? I think not.
H.A.M.M.E.R. has sparks as well, and looks pretty good. So no, definitely not a coincidence...

temp

posting on contract only
Foil said:
Did you even have to ask? Nintendo could release a game that looks like pong, and they'd freak out over it.
They did, and I did. Man, hockey looks great!

Rocked

Belfast said:

Yes, some of us care more about art than technicalities and most of the screens just look plain FUN! As long as the graphics are at least Dreamcast quality then I'm happy. :) To me this is a beautiful screenshot:

Wiigiochi_1%5B140906%5D.jpg

And while X360 games look good on screens, I've found a large number of them have terrible unstable framerates. I wonder if PS3 will have the same problem?

MadOdorMachine said:
Has there been any word yet on whether or not all games will support 16X9 and 480p? For any who's played Wii, can you describe how it looks on a HDTV. I hooked my Xbox up to my HDTV and it brought out quite a bit of jaggies that weren't noticable on my SDTV. Playing the games through the 360 cleans it up quite a bit. How does Wii compare to Xbox on a HDTV and 360 upscanning an Xbox game to 720p?

I just imagine playin regular GC games in 480p is the best comparision

though quality of visuals may very. I think one of the best 480p GC titles was Wind Waker by far, so hopefully we can see IQ such as that :)

Nutter

Belfast said:
For what type of hardware these games are on? Hell yes. (well honestly only Mario, Metroid and Zelda look superb)
*and no its not because I am a nintendo fan.

Neomoto

Zelda.. I think it speaks for itself when I say: Holy ****ing crap! _O_ That new movie (in the official wii preview movie trailer thingie) whas freaking awesome

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082131989.jpg

**** yeah.

Chris_C

AgentOtaku said:
I just imagine playin regular GC games in 480p is the best comparision

though quality of visuals may very. I think one of the best 480p GC titles was Wind Waker by far, so hopefully we can see IQ such as that :)

Would be neat if it works with that Xploder HDTV device thingy.

Belfast said:
For me it's a relative thing, given expectations some of the games look good, impressive is not the word I'd use. None of them really touch any decent 360 game, but hey TP is still the best looking Zelda game I've seen and Excite Truck looks good IMO for a Xbox/GC level racing game.

trh

GitarooMan said:
For me it's a relative thing, given expectations some of the games look good, impressive is not the word I'd use. None of them really touch any decent 360 game, but hey TP is still the best looking Zelda game I've seen and Excite Truck looks good IMO for a Xbox/GC level racing game.
Wait what?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Rocked said:
And while X360 games look good on screens, I've found a large number of them have terrible unstable framerates. I wonder if PS3 will have the same problem?

Don't blame hardware for software issues.

Top Bottom