• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Revealed - Two more games revealed

Wii Will Rock U said:
Let's make predictions as to what we all think the final 3 to be revealed are.
Bowling
Boxing
Baseball

EmCeeGramr said:
what if they just made a game that was thriller playing in a loop and all you did was dance to the beat for hours

quote this if you'd buy that game

MisterHero

Concering WiiSports Airplane, isn't that part of another game (Wii MotorSports)? That's odd since I thought Jetski would be part of it to, but that's in WSR...

EmCeeGramr said:
what if they just made a game that was thriller playing in a loop and all you did was dance to the beat for hours

quote this if you'd buy that game
:lol

x1,000,000 if it's has Mike Works's version

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So we have Japanese commercials out now saying its out in June..and still no actual release date...I don't get it.

Ydahs said:
I AM JOHN! said:
Wii Will Rock U said:
Aaron Strife said:
Yaceka said:
MisterHero said:
:lol

x1,000,000 if it's has Mike Works's version
pakkit said:
2ntvfbn.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm actually pretty excited for WSR and Tiger Woods. Although I wish they really wouldn't show the game off again, I'm kind of excited to see the other minigames included in WSR at the E3 conference.

Wii Will Rock U said:
Let's make predictions as to what we all think the final 3 to be revealed are. My guesses:

Volleyball

Tetherball

Squirt Gun
Change Squirtgun to Shuffle Board and It's a real Resort.

d+pad

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Table Tennis? Awesome.

By the way, to the folks who (clearly because they haven't played it) are complaining about Table Tennis 'again'.

Wii Play Table Tennis used the pointer.

I assume THIS Table Tennis will be more like Rockstars effort (without the actual effort) using Motion+.

In other words, GOLD!

THIS! The people complaining about the addition of table tennis here must not have played the WiiPlay version at all, because it was *not* controlled like this at all.

Also, I wish people wouldn't say tennis and table tennis are the same thing :( Although Wii Motion+ infused table tennis sounds great, and I'll definitely enjoy it, I'd rather have tennis with Wii Motion+...

Osuwari said:
you're not the only one.

outside pointer games, i pretty much prefer the good old controllers in every game when available.

Nice to see you've given motion+ a try and made a fair and logical decision about whether you prefer to to a regular controller or not

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Akai said:
So are you saying regular tennis games don't need it, either? Because spin and racquet positioning is just as important in table tennis...
I'd say what's more important is not having a 2 second delay between swing and reaction of the character :p Ie. Tennis/Table Tennis need this far more then any other game.

pakkit

Banned
d+pad said:
Also, I wish people wouldn't say tennis and table tennis are the same thing :( Although Wii Motion+ infused table tennis sounds great, and I'll definitely enjoy it, I'd rather have tennis with Wii Motion+...

Virtua Tennis 2009 and Grand Slam Tennis are both coming the date Motion+ drops, something that WSR is not doing.

bdouble

I AM JOHN! said:
I think they made a great point on some podcast I was listening to a couple weeks ago (it was either Listen UP or Giant Bomb) - rarely do I find myself playing a game thinking "man, this game would be so much better if the controls were more precise and exact!" All the great Wii games I've played work because of their simplicity and the loose gestural basis of their controls; uberprecision has the capacity to go really wrong really fast.

I don't see motion plus as being just more sensitive or precise though. Even EA said it can be too precise. The point of it is to just enhance what the user can do on the screen. Its alows the player a better representation of what they are doing to what they are seeing on screen.

Offering not only more reliable detection but detection for a much broader range of movements. It will do what you were thinking more times than not now Its no longer limited to just acceleration of your hand from one point to another on a 2d plane. Detection won't be 90% of the time. Its more about allowing the developer to have 8 or so movements instead of just 2 (horizontal and vertical) 1:1 is the worst possible thing you can pin to this add on imo.

JKBii

I AM JOHN! said:
Am I the only person not sold on Wii Sports Resort or Wii Motion+ in general?

It's a new Wii ___ game. I liked Wii Sports and I liked Wii Play, I still play them both but I'm familiar with the games in them and I'd love a new set of games, so Wii Sports Report is a must buy.

Not being sold on the Wii Motion + is like not being sold on the Wii since it brings what we all thought the Wii brought originally. I think it's a case where if you don't like the spirit of the Wii you aren't gonna like this game.

JKBii said:
It's a new Wii ___ game. I liked Wii Sports and I liked Wii Play, I still play them both but I'm familiar with the games in them and I'd love a new set of games, so Wii Sports Report is a must buy.

Not being sold on the Wii Motion + is like not being sold on the Wii since it brings what we all thought the Wii brought originally. I think it's a case where if you don't like the spirit of the Wii you aren't gonna like this game.

This is generally how I feel, plus I'm a Wave Race whore. So a mini motion-enabled Wave Race game pretty much pumps me up.

Taurus

Flying_Phoenix said:
Golf in Wii Sports is awesome!

After playing 9000th time the same 9 holes you really start to wish it had at least 18 holes. Easily my most played game of the generation.

swerve

In the new Iwata Asks there is a lot of mention of the Long Jacket as being a part of Motion Plus. I only had time for a quick scan through but it appeared that the resolution was:

'to play motion+ is to have the long jacket'

and that this has been the case since the start of development, due to much more ridiculous movements involved.

So, they are indeed combined?

plufim

pakkit said:
EA Playground? :lol

My guesses:

Hang-Gliding

Wind-Surfing

Volleyball
Would buy that so hard. I've missed Pilotwings so much since 64.

If the golf game is expanded with a lot more holes, then I see no problem with it at all. Golf with 3 friends was the best part about wii sports.

MrDenny

I'm not sold on Wii Sports. I know motion plus is suppose to make the virtual sports feel more realistic, but I rather play the real thing...

legend166

MrDenny said:
I'm not sold on Wii Sports. I know motion plus is suppose to make the virtual sports feel more realistic, but I rather play the real thing...

Why are you playing video games at all?

i think golf was great ... it lacked courses and sometimes did not detect small movements.... i guess it will improve on that...

does anyone have youtube links for the ads.... those vids never worked in my mac

Cipherr

I AM JOHN! said:
rarely do I find myself playing a game thinking "man, this game would be so much better if the controls were more precise and exact!"

WTF. Yeah you are completely ALONE there. The #1 nitpick point in any Wii game review is controls. Hell it makes or breaks Wii games. Its the most popular talking point and carries almost as much weight as the game design itself.

Its absolutely massive in terms of how much it matters. A great game can be made shit if it doesn't control precise and exact.

You've got a really really odd opinion on that.

MrDenny said:

You will really never play a golf, tennis, bowling, or hell any sport video game simply because its possible to go out and do it IRL? Ill never understand people who say that. Thats not the reason people play the games. We play them for fun.... Its got crap all to do with the actual 'simulation'.

ElyrionX

legend166 said:
Why are you playing video games at all?

It's one thing to be shooting at polygons and quite another to be shooting at real people.

I don't get the appeal of golf on the Wii either. A huge part of playing golf is the immense satisfaction you get from a really good swing. The visual and audio feedback and the weight of the club all contributes to this. It's not something that you can replicate on consoles, at leat not with today's technology.

Games like Wii tennis may be fun for the first hour or so but after the gimmick wears off, it just becomes lame.

Cipherr

ElyrionX said:
I don't get the appeal of golf on the Wii either. A huge part of playing golf is the immense satisfaction you get from a really good swing. The visual and audio feedback and the weight of the club all contributes to this. It's not something that you can replicate on consoles, at leat not with today's technology.

So then why even single out the Wii, what you are describing is something innate to all consoles completely. Sounds more like you should be saying "I dont get the appeal of golf video games".

ElyrionX said:
Games like Wii tennis may be fun for the first hour or so but after the gimmick wears off, it just becomes lame.

Ya know, so does shooting at polygons. Funny that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
ElyrionX said:

Well, yeah, if you sit around alone in your room with no friends. With friends, Wii Sports lasts a fucking long time. Especially if those friends are not gamers already.

rpmurphy

If they can do table tennis well, I think I'm gonna pick it up. And maybe Rockstar will look at ths and do a M+ iteration of their table tennis game.

The other stuff don't interest me that much so far.

Ramenman

Dead Man Typing said:
Urge to buy Wii Sports Resort.... fading.

I think I'll just get Tiger '10. Originally I was going to get both, but this looks pretty lame.

I don't get it. They're adding content to the game and your urge to buy the game is fading ? I would understand if it just didn't grow if you don't care, but fading is weird.

I'm sure we'll see tennis again, which only leaves two games left (Unless dog frisbee was one of the two games that got cut, for being too shallow)

Ramenman

I AM JOHN! said:
I think they made a great point on some podcast I was listening to a couple weeks ago (it was either Listen UP or Giant Bomb) - rarely do I find myself playing a game thinking "man, this game would be so much better if the controls were more precise and exact!" All the great Wii games I've played work because of their simplicity and the loose gestural basis of their controls; uberprecision has the capacity to go really wrong really fast.

I understand what you mean and that's EA toned down down M+'s sensitivity in their tennis game.
The highest sensitivity was just too sensitive (they say).

pakkit

Banned
Ramenman said:
I don't get it. They're adding content to the game and your urge to buy the game is fading ? I would understand if it just didn't grow if you don't care, but fading is weird.
I think it's kind of disappointing that we're going to get a retread of golf in our new Wii Sports game, especially since we're getting Tiger Woods, which is guaranteed to be a much fuller experience. If the gestural controls are a notch above Tiger, then it'll be a cool addition, but even then, I'd like to try new Wii Motion+ experiences on Nintendo's tech demo/game for the attachment.

Ramenman

pakkit said:
I think it's kind of disappointing that we're going to get a retread of golf in our new Wii Sports game, especially since we're getting Tiger Woods, which is guaranteed to be a much fuller experience. If the gestural controls are a notch above Tiger, then it'll be a cool addition, but even then, I'd like to try new Wii Motion+ experiences on Nintendo's tech demo/game for the attachment.

I guess I just didn't know there were going to have more games in it, so those were bonus anyway.

Top Bottom