• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Belgium bomba - Premium 99€

Chindogg

Welp if you don't buy one at this price you're probably never going to buy one ever. They're pretty much giving you the console at this price.

wizzbang

Banned
Dick Smith in Australia got rid of all their Wii U stuff at 50% off a few months ago.

I thought that was NZ? Australia got fucked, we never got the slick deals on the Wii U?
I saw $199 NZD Premiums in some ads, even I would've considered a Wii U at that price.

I'd buy one at that price, but there's this thing called region locks.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, nah put em back on the fuckem pile. Region locks are gross shit.

goomba

Banned
I thought that was NZ? Australia got fucked, we never got the slick deals on the Wii U?
I saw $199 NZD Premiums in some ads, even I would've considered a Wii U at that price.

Dick Smith in NZ first, then Dick Smith in Australia too.

They were sold out within hours nationwide. I refuse to buy in Aus until they drop the launch price, and no I don't want "free" NSMBU or Just Dance.

OP=OP is the new EENBOMZALDROPPENTON

Should I drive 2 hours for this?

Guess I'll just wait until the Dutch MM chains start dropping the Wii-U.

g124a.gif

~~Hasan~~

can we order this online and ship it over seas ?

i am into WIIU at all but for that price i can play some of nintendo games.

Phazon

derp, tuurlijk

Take pictures if you go Phazon (assuming a bunch of people will jump on this ofc)

Sure, I'll take some with my mobile phone.

2 hours? Isn't gas really expensive in Europe?

Yes, it is and that would be totally not worth the ride. (because there's a high chance the stock is low and it will sell out in a minute)

I'm expecting more second hand bargain sellers (buy wii u at 99, sell it for 199) than people who really want one for themselves, so I'm curious to see how it'll turn out.

2 hours? Isn't gas really expensive in Europe?

About 1,70 euros for 1 L in Holland but we are super rich here yo! ;) Plus my car drives a lot of miles to the gallon.

I'm not doing it though lol.

Well maybe if they had a PS4 official DS4 charging cradle. Goddamn I would fight a granny for that shit. I can't find it ANYWHERE.

itsgreen

About 1,70 euros for 1 L in Holland but we are super rich here yo! ;) Plus my car drives a lot of miles to the gallon.

I'm not doing it though lol.

Well maybe if they had a PS4 official DS4 charging cradle. Goddamn I would fight a granny for that shit. I can't find it ANYWHERE.

/me pets his charging cradle...

If MM did that deal here in the Netherlands I would buy a Wii U instantly...

I would definitely buy it at that price. Finding it for 199 Euros is really tough, never mind 99.

It's not a country-wide offering.

It's a one day only deal (today) at one particular store (Hasselt). Limited quantities.

Figures. OP exaggerating. OP gonna OP, after all, you know what they say, OP=OP.

kubus

I live 30 minutes away from that store.

Too bad I have work the entire day (and I already have a Wii U...). But man that is a really good deal.

SToRM

I live close to the border with Belgium and the Mediamarkt in Oostakker is only a 30min drive, very tempting...

That's a really sweet deal, I'd definitely buy one for that price.
However I don't feel like driving to Belgium again. I have to drive to Belgium every Saturday for work. (to Lommel, which I just checked is not far from Hasselt)
I wonder if the Dutch MM will have an offer like this.

wizzbang

Banned
Dick Smith in NZ first, then Dick Smith in Australia too.

They were sold out within hours nationwide. I refuse to buy in Aus until they drop the launch price, and no I don't want "free" NSMBU or Just Dance.

Yeah but wasn't our deal $299 AUD and theirs $199NZD? for the Premium units? Much much better?

Phazon

Only one store in Belgium selling the wii u this low could go both ways

1) sold out in less than an hour
2) nobody gives a damn

I remember carrefour selling the white ones for €150 and they instantly disappeared so I'm going to go with 1, depending on how much people are aware of this deal.

It started to disappear after we posted it on our site and it took a couple of days. Even then, people weren't giving a fuck about it. So, if there's not a lot of people here today, Nintendo has a pretty big problem in Belgium when it comes to the Wii U :p (I had a chat with a retailer couple of months ago in September. It doesn't sell and they decided to only stock big games like Mario etc. Pikmin and W101 were ignored)

Dick Smith in Australia got rid of all their Wii U stuff at 50% off a few months ago. URope seems to have had enough of Nintendo as well.

Also, if you didn't already know: OP=OP these days.

Eh... You dont understand Media Markt if you think that is true. Its at that price because Media Markt is:
1. Having the day without VAT (2 or 3 days each year).
2. Having a crazy day sale, also 1 or 2 days each year. The announce them that same week on the radio a people go literally crazy at first hour to get the product they want first. The majority of products dissapear from the shelves and they restock one week later.
3. Media Markt is the cheapest place you can find videogames anywhere, on a normal release day, a game that will cost you 65 euros anywhere else can cost you there up to 15 euros less. So add something above with this and its probably done to create an interest on the wiiU. I know Media Markt here did that some weeks ago, its was at 150 euros, all the consoles dissapeared that day, and it was restocked one week later.

I would definitely buy it at that price. Finding it for 199 Euros is really tough, never mind 99.

Figures. OP exaggerating. OP gonna OP, after all, you know what they say, OP=OP.

Reading the ad. It's a deal for ONE day only. With limited stock.
Only in Media markt Hasselt and only one Wii-u per customer.

To confirm: I just looked op the Wii-u on the belgian Media Markt site.
It's still 254,70 on there. Didn't see any deals either.
http://www.mediamarkt.be/mcs/produc...(2300132),98952,453508,667011.html?langId=-17

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I think it might actually be cheaper to jump on a ferry ( I live about 20 min from Harwich) to Holland and drive to Belge to pick one up than nip into town and get one.

Screw them for picking a mediamarkt somewhere in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. I live in Antwerp goddamnit - I was going to pick it up if it required minimal effort and reached the 99€ price point. Only one of those is true so I don't need no stinking Wii-U.

Phazon

Screw them for picking a mediamarkt somewhere in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. I live in Antwerp goddamnit - I was going to pick it up if it required minimal effort and reached the 99€ price point. Only one of those is true so I don't need no stinking Wii-U.

Cry me a river. Also, that's what you people get for calling the rest of Belgium 'parking' ;) :p

Btw: I think i'll be back around 2-3pm CET, so I'll try to let you guys know how large the stock was/is.

R.I.P

Wow, hopefully it will go down to that price range here in Finland, the system is still 299-350€ in most places here.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This price is insane considering the Wii Mini is still sold at €99 I think. You're very lucky to grab one at this price, system's pretty cool (get 3D world!).

oti

Banned
Anyone else think/feel that 99€ sounds "too cheap", compared to what the machine offers? (Which should be a good sign.) I'm pretty sure the answers to this question can vary wildly depending by whether you already own the system or not.

(Nintendo's communication problem right here.)

Hoo-doo

Banned
It'll hopefully happen in the Netherlands as well, at one point.

But that better be Mediamarkt Eindhoven or Mediamarkt Arnhem, because I can pull a few strings there to keep one behind the counter for me. :)

Shiggy

Anyone else think/feel that 99€ sounds "too cheap", compared to what the machine offers? (Which should be a good sign.) I'm pretty sure the answers to this question can vary wildly depending by whether you already own the system or not.

(Nintendo's communication problem right here.)

If nobody wants it at €200, it's probably not too cheap.

Top Bottom