• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Belgium bomba - Premium 99€

Wow. I would buy one at that price. Works out at about £80 which is the same price as a Wii Mini!

Yeah, I'd definitely bite at that price too. I'd be more interested in checking out the Wii catalogue in the first instance as there's a lot of classics I've missed.

It'll hopefully happen in the Netherlands as well, at one point.

But that better be Mediamarkt Eindhoven or Mediamarkt Arnhem, because I can pull a few strings there to keep one behind the counter for me. :)

I went to MM Utrecht during the Wii Launch. It was a slaughterfest.

like that 99 euro Vita deal at Dixons a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to pick up another Vita but that thing was MIA everywhere, only one store in the frozen tundras of Friesland still had it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The fabled £70-£80 Argos Gamecube bomba price! It has begun. Wonder if any UK retailers these days will ever drop it this low and firesale though.

Coolwhip

Banned
Wow. Bought the Wii Party U bundle for 300 euros. White console > all though. But at that price Id buy a second one.

Shiggy

You`re right. So 150€ then?
(That's 200€ less than what Nintendo wanted at launch, wow. They really have to rethink some stuff for the next generation.)

I guess the €99 deal presented in this thread is also for publicity. And then again, €150 isn't that great when you can get a PS3 or 360 for that price too which offer a lot more games and have roughly the same number of games coming in 2014.

Edit: Looking at releaselists, the PS3 actually gets a lot more games than the Wii U in the first half of 2014.

Kiant

The fabled £70-£80 Argos Gamecube bomba price! It has begun. Wonder if any UK retailers these days will ever drop it this low and firesale though.

I was hoping the January sales would result in a crazy deal but nope...still all over £200. Although you could probably pick up an unwanted wii u on ebay for £150ish.

Cheeky

Anyone else think/feel that 99€ sounds "too cheap", compared to what the machine offers? (Which should be a good sign.) I'm pretty sure the answers to this question can vary wildly depending by whether you already own the system or not.

(Nintendo's communication problem right here.)

There is no such thing as "too cheap".

Anyone else think/feel that 99€ sounds "too cheap", compared to what the machine offers? (Which should be a good sign.) I'm pretty sure the answers to this question can vary wildly depending by whether you already own the system or not.

(Nintendo's communication problem right here.)

You just realize that the price wasn't the problem in the first place.

People who were interested in Nintendo first party and the few exclusive third party games bought the system already.

But the low price doesn't change the fact that the console doesn't really deliever anything for the non-Nintendo fanbase.

oti

Banned
You just realize that the price wasn't the problem in the first place.

People who were interested in Nintendo first party and the few exclusive third party games bought the system already.

But the low price doesn't change the fact that the console doesn't really deliever anything for the non-Nintendo fanbase.

The price is always the problem in the free market economy.

Auskeek

Dick Smith wasn't generous enough. Wii U would need to be $100 Australian dollars before i even think of getting one considering i want it for 3 games (one of which isn't out yet)

Sadly I thought the same thing. 214 was still too much for a premium Wii u, I regretted not getting one for a short period when 3d world came out, but now I'm happy I didn't get one. (I'm just gonna cry when Zelda comes out though...).

IHaveIce

Banned
MediaMarkt isn't that stupid.
The ones in Germany are. I can go to the counter with a preordrr rrceipt and say pre order means I get it begore release date, and that worked already like 6 times and I got a game a week earlier.

Another time a customer asked what the difference is about playstation 3 essential games and the normal version, an employee said he thinks one of then is the real version and the other is a faked copy ( I shit you not)

Jupilerman

Neo Member
Damn that's only a 15 min drive for me, but my girlfriend was nice enough to suprise me at my birthday with a white 270€ basic wii-u so I don't even dare to suggest buying another one :)

oti

Banned
Sadly I thought the same thing. 214 was still too much for a premium Wii u, I regretted not getting one for a short period when 3d world came out, but now I'm happy I didn't get one. (I'm just gonna cry when Zelda comes out though...).

Mario isn't running away and who knows what the price will be at the end of 2014 or 2015. You made a good decision to wait.

The price is always the problem in the free market economy.

empty words.

The fact that the WiiU doesn't sell even after the price drops means that the console lacks interesting content.

The Wii was >200% more expensive than the GameCube and it sold like hot cakes although the main difference was just a controller with a cheap motion sensor.

oti

Banned
empty words.

The fact that the WiiU doesn't sell even after the price drops means that the console lacks interesting content.

The Wii was >200% more expensive than the GameCube and it sold like hot cakes although the main difference was just a controller with a cheap motion sensor.

That's Economic Science. (Which I think you're right, can be pretty empty words sometimes.)

:)

tehfryguy

You know, I haven't had a Nintendo console in a while. I've had the handhelds and that's been enough. That and everyone I know has SSB so it was never out if reach. But lately, I want to play Mario galaxy 1&2. And I want to play the new Mario world...If this price hit the states I'd be in for one.

It's really what I felt it should be at. A console that was on par with the current gen (past gen now?) Should be comparable in price, not $350... (at launch anyway.)

wizzbang

Banned
They were 50% off RRP, so $214 and $174. Not as good as the NZ price, but still pretty good.

Probably would've considered that, I guess I missed it. Be nice to own a piece of history (maybe keep one sealed for 20 years) the last home console made by Nintendo.

sakipon

Wiiu has worse games then the GC IMO. No re4, no metroid prime, no REmake. Not worth the 100 euros the charge for it

You sound like someone stuck in the past. Let go of the classics and give new games a chance. ZombiU fills the horror slot on Wii U.

That's Economic Science. (Which I think you're right, can be pretty empty words sometimes.)

:)

Yeah, supply and demand. Something something price and quality of a product.

Too bad the WiiU doesn't sell even with the lowest possible price although way more expensive products like the PS4 and Xbox One sell way better.

dolemite

Reading the ad. It's a deal for ONE day only. With limited stock.
Only in Media markt Hasselt and only one Wii-u per customer.

To confirm: I just looked op the Wii-u on the belgian Media Markt site.
It's still 254,70 on there. Didn't see any deals either.
http://www.mediamarkt.be/mcs/produc...(2300132),98952,453508,667011.html?langId=-17

The store is using the WiiU as a bait to get people into the store, that's all. Next week the console will be back in stock at their usual price.

Coolwhip

Banned
A low price would make sense for all consoles really. In what other market do you have to pay a high price, just so you can buy software from the same people.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
In what other market do you have to pay a high price, just so you can buy software from the same people.

Every single other hardware/software market? New iPhone costs, new PC costs, and so on. Fortunately for video and music, theyre always a known and set format that doesnt require ever escalating chipsets to facilitate. Games and software are a unique medium because of this.

Coolwhip

Banned
Every single other hardware/software market? New iPhone costs, new PC costs, and so on. Fortunately for video and music, theyre always a known and set format that doesnt require ever escalating chipsets to facilitate. Games and software are a unique medium because of this.

I didn't buy a PC from Microsoft or Google. And you get your iPhone for 'free', so not really comparable imo.

Top Bottom