• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Belgium bomba - Premium 99€

gogogow

It's completely dead in Europe, isn't it? That's insane. EU is the 1st or 2nd largest market?

Yes, it's completely dead in Europe after ONE shop in the entirety of Belgium, which is ONE country in Europe is doing ONE day of a crazy sale. Yep, it's completely dead. Confirmed! Lol!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Another pic

e4anevyd.jpg

Apparently kids were crying and one got pushed/trampled. Madness!

Yes, it's completely dead in Europe after ONE shop in the entirety of Belgium, which is ONE country in Europe is doing ONE day of a crazy sale. Yep, it's completely dead. Confirmed! Lol!
I was speaking in a general sense, not specifically about this shop. We have the EU numbers, don't we? I remember them being horrific.

I was speaking in a general sense, not specifically about this shop. We have the EU numbers, don't we? I remember them being horrific.
Yes its pretty dead here but people do pick up great games and buy the console when games get good again and being released.

With every first party game released last fall consoles sales got a small bump but its just not doing PS4 and XBO numbers.

Real test is coming when Mario Kart and Smash come out is that going to sell on the same levels as on wii or is that audience gone.

kubus

Lol, so I work in a game store in the Netherlands, about 30 minutes away from that Mediamarkt selling those Wii Us.

A bunch of people just came in here buying tons of Wii U games, they said they all managed to get a Wii U for €99 from that store.

They bought ZombiU x2, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U x2, a Wii Fit Meter, Rayman Legends, Zelda Wind Waker HD, among some other games I believe. I recommended Wonderful 101.

Wii U saved!

Phazon

Lol, so I work in a game store in the Netherlands, about 30 minutes away from that Mediamarkt selling those Wii Us.

A bunch of people just came in here buying tons of Wii U games, they said they all managed to get a Wii U for €99 from that store.

They bought ZombiU x2, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U x2, a Wii Fit Meter, Rayman Legends, Zelda Wind Waker HD, among some other games I believe. I recommended Wonderful 101.

Wii U saved!

Yeah, heard quite a bit of those buyers saying 'We're not staying here any second longer or someone will steal our Wii U's. We'll buy the games somewhere else'. :p

Frodo

Wii U saved!

I love you.

Tenki

Wii U saved!

You are a good person.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Christ, no one should be trampled for a Wii U (or anything, really). I'd have gtfo'd too if I saw a mass of people like that, Wii U be damned.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Christ, no one should be trampled for a Wii U (or anything, really). I'd have gtfo'd too if I saw a mass of people like that, Wii U be damned.

didn't the same happen with the PS4? but yeah., WiiU be damned, source of all evil

oblo

Weird timing this sale, I work at a gamestore in Belgium and Wii U has been selling better than ever (except for the actual launch) last few weeks, when customers come to the register with a Wii U game nowadays they didn't just pick the wrong box, they actually own the system! Like whoa!

In fact it even is the best selling next-gen console last three weeks in my store... Since PS4 is out of stock and MS decided to get rid off what remained of their fanbase here by not releasing day 1, not giving any hint at when to expect the system really...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Presumably the crowd isn't there solely for the Wii U?

What? You think it's normal for 200 people to line up in front of a closed store? That was the draw dude.

Frodo: last page said about 30 units.

30 units! Listen, I don't think the future is all sunshine and rainbows for the Wii U, but a sign of the end times, this ain't.

Just came back from it. I was just on time before it opened, but there were around 200 people already waiting. (I heard people saying some were waiting for around 4-5 hours in line before the opening)

Looks like there were around 30 units, so a lot of running, pushing, tackling old people, crying and screaming was the consequence for trying to get one. I saw a woman who couldn't walk decently anymore, probably bruised her ankle because someone tackled her. (I heard her saying that)

Tons of commotion, disappointment and people were staring and looking in disbelief how everything happened.

If you want to know how it went, just look at any PS4 launch movie or gif in Germany and you can apply it to the Meda Markt in Hasselt. Media Markt is a sadistic chain who likes these kind of promotions and things. (I don't like it at all tbh, all the disappointment and savageness of it is disgusting if you think about it)

tl;dr: 30 units of Wii U sold out in a couple of seconds, probably more than this week in the rest of the country (couldn't resist, sorry :p). A lot of drama. Belgium = the new Germany confirmed!

edit2: No, I didn't manage to get one. I don't want to get hurt for something I have already :p

Thanks for the report. Just 30 ,eh? Just like I thought after reading the ad.
I wouldn't want to be there with all the running, pushing and tackling.
Still. I'm sure it will not stop people from using this for their WiiU is doomed posts.

Wii U saved!

After checking other Mediamarkt sites.
Seems the dutch Mediamarkt had a 3 for 2 deal for all Games on every platform this week.They could of saved some money.

Phazon

What? You think it's normal for 200 people to line up in front of a closed store? That was the draw dude.

30 units! Listen, I don't think the future is all sunshine and rainbows for the Wii U, but a sign of the end times, this ain't.

That's my estimate based on how many people I saw with one in their hands. Someone on another forum, who was in the row, said there were 72 units, but that looks a bit too much to me. The space was very small and otherwise a lot of people would have been able to get one.

To be safe, let us say that min: 20 units, max: 72 units were there :)

Frodo

Thanks! I missed that.

Lol. It's promotion for the bi-monthly sales period in one store from a chain.

But keep fucking that chicken, I guess.

In the us you had retailers actually returning consoles to NOA, and now most retailers only carry a very minimal amount of stock. It isn't that far fetched to imagine retailers clearing out the Wii U all together.

When did I say it was normal? I see other things on sale too. And it was a question, not a statement.

Converts to about 135 USD. It would have to come with Mario 3D World at that price for me to buy. It's completely dead in Europe, isn't it? That's insane. EU is the 1st or 2nd largest market?

That's 99 euro though, not 99 dollars.

Will wait until 99 dollaz.

Nah, I think that even if it was $100 you would not buy and say it's not worth the price yet, like people here do all the times a good deal like this comes up.

I don't know if it's just a bad trolling attempt or if there are people with a income so low that they can't afford a Wii U this cheap if they already pay the internet bill.

Nah, I think that even if it was $100 you would not buy and say it's not worth the price yet, like people here do all the times a good deal like this comes up.

I don't know if it's just a bad trolling attempt or if there are people with a income so low that they can't afford a Wii U this cheap if they already pay the internet bill.
The second person you quoted was being sarcastic.

gogogow

I think they will only accept a Wii U if Iwata flew over to their house and hands it over for free with the entire Wii U catalogue bundled in.

Phazon

That's my estimate based on how many people I saw with one in their hands. Someone on another forum, who was in the row, said there were 72 units, but that looks a bit too much to me. The space was very small and otherwise a lot of people would have been able to get one.

To be safe, let us say that min: 20 units, max: 72 units were there :)

Small update about this. Other people who went there are now denying that. They said there were around 20-30 units, so I'm going with that. (watch them put 40 Wii U's for the full price back in store tomorrow :p)

flippedb

Banned
If this was 50 euro less, and every game was free. I might consider it. I'm not paying for great games on this shit system!

There are people here who think like this. It's a sad thing.

Magusx

Wii U saved!

Can you please tell me which media markt that was?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just did a yt search, video here!

holy shit. Some lady was yelling 'there were never 70 wii's!' lol

kids crying in the background. Looks like the systems were buried under other consoles, everyone was throwing ps3's around

Phazon

Please tell this to my boss, because my contract didn't get renewed :'). My semi last working day today, ahah...

Sorry Kamiya, no more free W101 marketing from me soon.

So sorry to hear this. Isn't there anything you can do (for example, showing him what you sold today?)

I wish you all the best with the search for a new job if you'll really lose it.

Top Bottom