• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards on the table folks, which of the titles teased in this direct do you think will be released in 2013 (that weren't stated as such). I'm not betting on many at all. That is Nintendo's problem.

MrT-Tar

So in less than 10 minutes we went from 'this is shit, Iwata should be fired' to 'this is amazing, Iwata is God'? We sure are a fickle bunch aren't we?

Enzon

I may have to get a Wii U, i can't believe i'm saying this

Bayonetta 2
Wonderful 101
Wind Waker HD (i've never played the original)
Non-linear Zelda
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
That X thing that looked incredible
Yoshi
3D Mario from the best Mario development team
Smash Bros at E3

I think yeah, the Nintendo Direct fucking delivered

Majukun

was really necessary the horrible death of the wii to teach nintendo how you promote a console?
finally we have collaborations and exclusives,we have teasers,we have effort.

chapeau nintendo.

That was an amazing Direct. I am so glad I went in not expecting anything. It absolutely blew me away.

Regarding what Eiji said about Zelda. I think the little title card that said "playing by yourself" refers to the complaints of handholding.

New Zelda, HD Windwaker, Monolith... I was not ready.

Thank you Nintendo for a great Direct. Feel free to follow that formula again.

sense

to be honest they showed titles that are so far out into next year. the only games i can think of coming this year in the fall would be zelda hd, mario 3d and mario kart until then it is going to be very minimal software support. oh well atleast they gave us something to look forward to.

Frodo

LTTP(?) : the hype train delivered!

Gawd! Was that a good direct?! I'll be fan-girling for the rest of the year!

That monilith soft game! THE HYPEEEE!

WIND WAKER HD! THE HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yoshi's epic yarn, and fire emblem cross over! Gaaaaawd, THE HYPEEEEEEEEEEE!

xemumanic

The level mesh looked the same but the character models were definitely completely new and the textures look updated. It also looks to be running in a new engine because the lighting is totally and utterly different from WW in Dolphin.

So no, it is probably not just the original emulated.

Still, its a stop gap, a better looking version to hold us over. A very much welcome game. If you never played WW, now you'll have no excuse.

I just don't want hopes up like its totally something new.

DjRoomba

Banned
Hooooly crap I was worried after like 20 minutes

but then we see YOSHI'S STORY LOOKING BEAUTIFUL, Crazy-ass colaboration of FIRE EMBLEM X SMT WHAT, ZELDA WW REMAKE IN SPRING + Next Zelda info

and then

closing off

MY DEAR SWEET XENOBLADE 2?!!? Even if it's not exactly Xenoblade 2 it's my most hype... BUT IT LOOKS LIKE XENOBLADE 2 AND OMG

There's no way E3 can beat this. No wayyyyyyy

I dunno. First look at new Mario/Mario Kart/Smash will be pretty good !!

Last quarter saved the day. That X game looked gorgeous. And SMTxFE is some wet dream for me.
But I wished they made a different Zelda remake. Looked fine nevertheless.

I really, really hope WW includes more dungeons, better sailing mechanics, and overall better pacing. I'm psyched to see how they handle the graphics, but Majora's Mask would have been a far more exciting prospect.

I'm a bit worried about multiplayer in the new Zelda. I especially hope the game doesn't require multiple people to fully enjoy as a traditional adventure game. Besides, trying to reinvent the wheel in areas where it's not remotely necessary is more responsible for the decline of the franchise than being too similar imo.

The nonlinear thing sounds great, although it's bizarre it got mentioned as some sort of new innovation when that was the genesis of the franchise. C'mon now.

So all the games that were in the video were:
Pikemin 3
Bayonete 2
Wonderful 101
New Mario Bros game for the Wii U
New Mario Kart Game for the Wii U
Smash Bros Wii u
Wii U party game
Wii U fit
Xenoblade 2
Yoshi Wii U
Fire Emblem Crossover
Zelda Winder Waker HD
Zelda Wii u

That's a loooot of games

Hypatia

Also more exciting than just the games: The confirmation that Nintendo is doing lots of collaborations with other developers.

Castlevania X Metroid plz

Yup, I'm buying a Wii U. I was on the fence before this, only really interested in Monster Hunter and W101, but I'm now confident that Nintendo will deliver what I need.

+1 Wii U with Monster Hunter incoming.

Margalis

Banned
Nah, Orbis and Durango blows this away, sorry. They didn't even show gameplay for Bayonetta 2 which is the most exciting thing coming to Wii U.

Yeah, the Durango version of Xenoblade is probably going to look a lot better.

Lolz.

Sorry, I meant to say the Durango version of an Uncharted "cinematic experience" clone is going to have better ground textures.

olimpia84

r4atb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom