• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I shivered when they announces SMT x fire emblem

Best Nintendo direct ever maybe

Lunzio

I think it's great that they're finally getting the ball rolling for sure, but I'm not exactly surprised at most of these announcements. Maybe I'm just not getting it? Seems like they played it rather safe.

Semajer

Was pretty irritated by the Direct up until the 20 minute or so mark.

Blah blah, Miiverse, blah.
Please wait...
Here are some old games you can RE-BUY while you wait. Re-buy? FUCK YOU!
Please look forward to...
Yoshi, but Miiverse showed us this.
New Mario and Mario Kart, we'll duh.
BTW FIRE EMBLEM CROSSOVER SHOLYFUCKINGHIT!!1!1!!
Wind Waker HD with excessive bloom.
HOLY FUCKING PHANTASY STAR XENOBLADE 2 HD!!

So it definitely ended on a high note. I think I'll go and introduce myself to the series that Fire Emblem is crossing over with in the meantime.

Ezalc

ifHPt8vX9QCY4.gif
ib6vOpvZd0YSN.gif

iAr7svINXsAY4.gif

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Hooooly crap I was worried after like 20 minutes

but then we see YOSHI'S STORY LOOKING BEAUTIFUL, Crazy-ass colaboration of FIRE EMBLEM X SMT WHAT, ZELDA WW REMAKE IN SPRING + Next Zelda info

and then

closing off

MY DEAR SWEET XENOBLADE 2?!!? Even if it's not exactly Xenoblade 2 it's my most hype... BUT IT LOOKS LIKE XENOBLADE 2 AND OMG

There's no way E3 can beat this. No wayyyyyyy

Hypatia

I wouldn't expect toooooooo much from Wind Waker HD, since its as they admit, a stop-gap until the next all new Zelda game. I'm not knocking it AT ALL, just don't expect what the FF7 HD Remake video implied. This is probably just the same game, running in widescreen and HD, similar to what you would get if you ran it on Dolphin.

Which is more than good enough.

The level mesh looked the same but the character models were definitely completely new and the textures look updated. It also looks to be running in a new engine because the lighting is totally and utterly different from WW in Dolphin.

So no, it is probably not just the original emulated.

Scoops

Banned
Smash Screens at E3
Mario Kart WiiU playable at E3
Super Mario WiiU playable at E3
Yoshi Story WiiU
Zelda Co-op/philosophy
Wind Waker HD this holiday
Fire Emblem x SMT crossover
Xeno-esque Monolith game

Success.

kinggroin

Banned
this was on its way to be and intensely deflating Nintendo direct. That final announcement though, holy shit.

Still not exactly encouraging news for most of this year imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom