• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the event where Nintendo explain that they removed the DKC trilogy from the VC in order to resell the entire series (with returns) as an overhauled HD collection in time for release before DKCR2.
And then Smash Bros 4 footage.

Oh yeah, i'm so on this personal hype train, next stop, despair and reality!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1VWTK12.gif

Honestly, this may be my favorite gif yet.

TriGen

It's my dream too, so I know your pain. FSA is the best Zelda since Ocarina of Time.

OoT is my favorite game of all-time so we're on similar wave lengths. FS online just makes so much sense. It is so hard for people to have the time and items needed for something like FS locally. But everyone having their own GamePad's for their Wii U is simple. I can just imagine going through Zelda dungeons with friends and family online, it would be amazing, it's really hard to get that setup in person.

Malvingt2

Obed オベデ
‏@ND_712

Holy shit Nintendo made an event on Facebook about the Direct just like they did for E3. This has to be good.

can someone confirmed this?

My perfect ND gamelist

Bayo 2 release date

1080 Snowboarding (In 1080p no less)

F-Zero

3D Zelda

3D Isometric view LttP Remake or spiritual successor for eShop

Monolith Game

Retro Game (++ if Prime style game taking place post Fusion)

Anth0ny

an updated port of fsa on wii u eshop with online and full gamepad compatibility would be godlike

until then, my quest to find 4 gbas and 3 people willing to play with me continues...

braves01

Banned
OoT is my favorite game of all-time so we're on similar wave lengths. FS online just makes so much sense. It is so hard for people to have the time and items needed for something like FS locally. But everyone having their own GamePad's for their Wii U is simple. I can just imagine going through Zelda dungeons with friends and family online, it would be amazing, it's really hard to get that setup in person.

I had to push my friends so hard to get all the link cables and GBAs necessary to make FSA possible, but it was so awesome when we finally made it happen. It's honestly such a no-brainer for Nintendo in terms of production costs that would be required vs. sales, and it's finally possible to play properly without a crazy amount of equipment.

TriGen

I had to push my friends so hard to get all the link cables and GBAs necessary to make FSA possible, but it was so awesome when we finally made it happen. It's honestly such a no-brainer for Nintendo in terms of production costs that would be required vs. sales, and it's finally possible to play properly without a crazy amount of equipment.

Yep. In fact I bought extra cables for my friends. It was a pain but I needed to make it happen. Taking all the leg work out of it would be great. My oldest brother is a huge Zelda fan, but he's drifted away from Nintendo because of the lack of online, but he would totally buy a Wii U to explore dungeons with me online.

Does everyone remember how E3 actually turned out >_>
Does anyone know the last time HAL Laboratories made a game? Was it really Return to Dreamland?

I know no one likes them, but wouldn't their number be coming up around now too?

Wut....they are great. But yes a new Kirby should be on the way but it will probably be for 3ds.

Box

Does anyone know the last time HAL Laboratories made a game? Was it really Return to Dreamland?

I know no one likes them, but wouldn't their number be coming up around now too?

I just want a new 1080° done like Avalanche. Complete with angsty Canadian punk-pop bands and everything.

Edit: By Monster Games. They did some impressive stuff on the Wii.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
OK, the Facebook event thing is interesting. Hype...rising?

Plinko

Return to Dreamland was amazing, was it HAL that did that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom