• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

Meelow

Banned
Thanks EC.

I'm getting the Black Wii U for sure, have a White Wii when I got it in 2008 and the black Wii U looks so sleek and nice.

I need the Nintendo Direct and Fall Conference date announcements :( lol.

Are any of the remaining unannounced Nintendo Land attractions in those logos? It's strange we still don't know all of them maybe they are going to be on disk dlc? :D

We do know all of them. Unless there are more hidden ones.

bzHH7.jpg

Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, Mario
Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Game & Watch
Donkey Kong, Takamaru's Ninja Castle, F-Zero, Balloon Fight

If NintendoLand is included, it would still suck if a Wiimote+ wasn't. The game depends on it heavilly, if not more than the Pad.

Even the Wii didn't have out-of-the-box 2-player.
But it did have asynchronous multiplayer through bowling and golf, which were arguably the two strongest titles on the system.

Penguin

"Wii would like you to play"

By the way, how early did Nintendo begin advertising at retailers before the Wii released?

Seems like some stuff started hitting stores in early August for the Wii.

Looking at the site you go to for Nintendo news.

Tenki

The Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion minigames are very fun, especially when played by five people. I've only played those two games, but I'm sure if the game is well advertised, it can be HUGE.

Phazon

It probably strengthens their ties with Tecmo and diversifies their lineup at a nominal fee

From what I have played of it, it's better than NG3 Vanilla but is still just really boring

I really hope Tecmo is making a sequel of Pokémon Conquest and that they are porting DoA 5 to the Wii U. Not interested in NG, but I really want those games I mentioned. :)

The Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion minigames are very fun, especially when played by five people. I've only played those two games, but I'm sure if the game is well publicized, it can be HUGE.

For the fraction of the market that will ever have 4-5 people in a room at the same time to play it.

MarkusRJR

I'm thinking of getting a Black Wii U at launch, but I'm worried about the usual "launch hardware issues" like overheating consoles, finicky disc drives, dead pixels, etc. As a person who had tons of problems with his near-launch Wii I'm very worried about plopping down $300 for a new console. If I don't get one at launch I'll be buying one when Animal Crossing comes out for it.

Also, Nintendo has to be out of their minds if they're thinking of selling NintendoLand seperately from Wii U. That game looks really bad...

Mithos

Wii Sports wasn't bundled in Japan when Wii came out and still sold billions. Nintendoland should be fine either way.

Yes it will probably be fine, but the only reason I have played Wii Sports is because it was bundled with the Wii, and the only was I'll play NintendoLand is if is bundled with the Wii U or DIRT cheap like $9.

Will most likely get a white Wii U when its time, and I hope its late October at the latest.

AzaK

Thank fucking Christ. Finally! Thanks EC. Now seeing as my question got lost in the other thread (It was that thread right and not community seeing as they were identical!).

Is there any reason why people are saying October? Do we have a precedent from time of marketting materials showing up until release date?

BTW: I want a black, but I think white might be more amenable to the wife so not sure yet.

Looks like Wii U controller faceplates are coming.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008U25YUG/

Now that shit is genius, a real money printer.

Also, Nintendo has to be out of their minds if they're thinking of selling NintendoLand seperately from Wii U. That game looks really bad...

Though all reports that I know of after playing it have said the complete opposite, even though they went in there with the same opinion as you.

Oh, and errr, go EC :)

One thing I still can't wrap my head around is how come Nintendo is still so much secretive about Wii U.
I mean, they haven't even made any statements about colour options available at launch, and now that this leak has come out I think they'd better undisclose all the details shortly.

IrishNinja

finally! i was thinking we were way late on this till alberto mentioned september was when wii got dated/priced, so right after the XL sounds good here, now just waiting for the big nintendo direct for the details. meantime, gamestop can continue encouraging me to predorder stuff with no known price or date.

Persona86

Banned
One thing I still can't wrap my head around is how come Nintendo is still so much secretive about Wii U.
I mean, they haven't even made any statements about colours available at launch, and now that this leak has come out I think they should undisclose all the details soonish.

Maybe it's part of their plan.

Like how a man will try to act mysterious to get a womans's curiosity and attention? ;)

....porbably not.

ohlawd

Thanks EC, much love <3

heheh I've heard so much horror stories about NG3. I might go ahead and borrow my friend's copy, play that and see what I think of it. Then I'll dip on the Wii U version and hope I don't get burned. If the game is still crap then I hope it shows up at Future Shop or Best Buy's trade in deals so I don't lose too much money on it. All this just to satisfy my curiosity lol

As for the actual advertising of the console, they better work their magic over at Nintendo HQ. The Wii advertising was awesome because the product basically advertised itself; the whole thing was self explanatory. It's gonna be a hard sell I think but I really hope they nail it.

Sojgat

Posted this in the last thread, the advertising material still makes it look like an add-on. Hiding the console behind the controller is kind of dumb, if you aren't looking closely it just looks like a Wii. Black version for me.

Yes Yes, but would they pay $49 or whatever for it, I wouldn't.

Perhaps I wouldn't either, but unfair to say until you've tried it out.

Just a quick thought; what if they packaged the Panorama View thing in? That to me would get anyone up holding the controller and looking around more so than Nint Land.

Teletraan1

Banned
Now that I can actually see the marketing material. Gee I wonder why nobody was talking about the marketing material other than "LOL nice watermark." in the other thread. Dont get me wrong, I found them funny.

The marketing/boxart/everything surrounding NSMB___ always looks identical, just add/replace Wii/U/2. Cant the marketing be from some other level or something?

sjboi

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't announced Wii Sports 2. Take the 5 games in Wii Sports, add some extra layers of depth and polish, and more importantly, a competitive online system. I could see myself playing golf and tennis with my friends for years. After all, how many copies of Wii Sports are out there? 90 million or something? It would be a killer app in every sense of the word...

As for Nintendoland, well, I definitely hope it's a pack-in. But perhaps Nintendo views Wii Sports as a missed opportunity -- in hindsight they probably could have profited far more if Wii Sports was NOT included with the Wii.

Glass Joe

Not sure that this confirms both white & black units at launch, since some of this promo material could be store/chain generated. Very much wanting a sexy black Wii at launch. For whatever reason, I think the White U Pad looks horrible (too much "white" space). With some promo material and leaked box art, it's nice to see some activity.

Still expecting Nov 18th, but there seems to be potential for sooner. Nintendo's post E3 3DSxl announcement-to-launch turnaround time was pretty quick, after all, showing they can keep secrets and respond quickly when they choose to. It would also give them a chance to spread out the games a little more so stuff isn't tripping over each other and some 3rd party ones like AC3 would be more relevant. Here's to hoping :)

Seik

Banned
I'm getting a black one for sure.

Oh and lol@EC, good move. I saw that madness when it started sooner today, that was sad. Maybe this shit will cease a bit now.

EDIT: That watermark evolution...I died when I saw the Evilore one. Can't unsee some kind of 'Don't you dare.' expression with this thread's context.

I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't announced Wii Sports 2. Take the 5 games in Wii Sports, add some extra layers of depth and polish, and more importantly, a competitive online system. I could see myself playing golf and tennis with my friends for years. After all, how many copies of Wii Sports are out there? 90 million or something? It would be a killer app in every sense of the word...

As for Nintendoland, well, I definitely hope it's a pack-in. But perhaps Nintendo views Wii Sports as a missed opportunity -- in hindsight they probably could have profited far more if Wii Sports was NOT included with the Wii.

I'd disagree. Wii Sports is "Why" the casualz bought the Wii in the first place. It defined the experience and made it a must own game.

Hopefully Nintendoland does the same thing for that group while ZombiU and other more "core" games do it for the rest of us.

Looks like black as a color choice is all but confirmed at this point. This is a good thing.

That BlOps preorder card is nice to see too, not that anybody in the know wasn't expecting it anyway.

Oh, and thanks for the decrapping, EC.

Top Bottom