• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Pokken Pro Pad Now Works on Switch With Any Game, $10.97 on Gamestop.com

Picked up a regular pad yesterday to go with the two earlier Pikachu ones.

Hope Switch gets updated to use Classic Controllers and Pro Controllers.

Gamestop showing up with the fuckery. Received a box, only has the white pad. Yellow one on my order just says "not available online".
If they haven't cancelled it yet and you don't mind waiting, it might get fulfilled from finding one at one of their stores and shipping it to you still. It's happened to me with harder to find items.

Just picked up the Pikachu controller at my local GS. Got to play Mario kart 8 with my wife without resorting to single Joycons or shelling out for another switch controller.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

BiggNife

wat? No.

Pokken controller works because Nintendo added support in the latest firmware ahead of the release of Pokken DX.

Yeah, the Pokken Pad only works because Nintendo intentionally whitelisted it. No other Wii U/Wii controller works on the Switch right now.

Though, as someone else in this thread said, I wouldn't be surprised if down the line we see some third party wired controllers hack in Switch compatibility by spoofing the hardware ID of the Pokken Pads.

Both the yellow and white controllers just arrived yesterday. Work perfectly as Pro controllers and feel great. No issues with the online order in my case.

molnizzle

Yeah, the Pokken Pad only works because Nintendo intentionally whitelisted it. No other Wii U/Wii controller works on the Switch right now.

Though, as someone else in this thread said, I wouldn't be surprised if down the line we see some third party wired controllers hack in Switch compatibility by spoofing the hardware ID of the Pokken Pads.

Or the pro controllers themselves like the 8bitdo's do.

Technically the Mayflash adapter could probably be firmware updated to work, but that's on Mayflash. Also it'd be confusing as hell. lol

Top Bottom