• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
bDxMWW.jpg

Cool looking disc.

Almost makes me wish I wasn't going digital.

Can't believe that I'm actually looking for a pair of white cotton gloves for my own unboxing and setup of the Wii U. Those black smudges and hand oil will big the shit out of me!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Yeah, that shit is such a killjoy. Way to take all the fun out of the launch Nintendo. We WANT to support your product already, keeping shit a secret this close to launch helps no one!

if you're interested enough in the game, is a bunch of heavily embargoed videos really going to sway you?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can't believe that I'm actually looking for a pair of white cotton gloves for my own unboxing and setup of the Wii U. Those black smudges and hand oil will big the shit out of me!

You won't avoid the finger prints on the Game Pad and controller anyway. Easy enough to just wipe the few you have the console off as you stick it into its spot near the television. Black CC Pro was a horrific finger print magnet, and this is going to be the same.

Yuripaw

Banned
if you're interested enough in the game, is a bunch of heavily embargoed videos really going to sway you?

I don't need to be swayed, but I'm hyped, and I've put most of my fall season game money into the Wii U. They need to stop acting like we're children who don't deserve a sneak peek at their hot new item. If "journalists" have it their hands, then we should have as much right to see it too.

jacksrb

I don't need to be swayed, but I'm hyped, and I've put most of my fall season game money into the Wii U. They need to stop acting like we're children who don't deserve a sneak peek at their hot new item. If "journalists" have it their hands, then we should have as much right to see it too.

If it legitimately concerns you, perhaps you should vote with your wallet...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Welcome to the new era where video game consoles don't rule the entertainment industry.

You won't see any more hype for ps4 or 720 either.

I think you'll see way, way more hype for those systems, actually.

Might just have to do with how it's marketed and presented though.

jmizzal

@RichIGN
"Also worth noting that New Super Mario Bros. U explicitly lists Downloadable Content under its 'Nintendo Network' features."

I think you'll see way, way more hype for those systems, actually.

Might just have to do with how it's marketed and presented though.

This.

I am almost positive there will be tons of "hype" for the 720. Of course, a lot of that "hype" will be seen in the form of advertising and marketing campaigns from Microsoft and I think that is where Nintendo is failing horribly. I am not familiar with the Japanesse culture but Americans love big loud flashing marketing campaigns.

@RichIGN
"Also worth noting that New Super Mario Bros. U explicitly lists Downloadable Content under its 'Nintendo Network' features."

This is great news. Nintendo could really push downloadable content with several of their exclusives. More levels in Mario, new tracks for F-Zero, new missions for Starfox etc. etc.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Youtube being flooded with unboxings.

Rev has a nice one with some high quality up close shots, including the Game Pad sitting in the charging dock. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg6k6YWkv2g

GameSpot has one up too, watching now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdALHbVoXVk

Shack News unboxing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdTPDBOkaHQ

edit: lulz, the GameSpot games seem to have no concept of what the system would have prior to the unboxing. They don't even realise there are USB ports on the front.

That Destructiod unboxing made me cringe. The way he talks, the way he says he is just going to pass on playing Just Dance 4 causes he is fat. Bravo Jim Sterling, you really imbrace your journalism and uber nerd game hobby to the max! Had to turn it off.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That Destructiod unboxing made me cringe. The way he talks, the way he says he is just going to pass on playing Just Dance 4 causes he is fat. Bravo Jim Sterling, you really imbrace your journalism and uber nerd game hobby to the max! Had to turn it off.

Yeah, I can on some level understand why people think that guy is funny, but I can't stand him either.

methodman

Banned

Plus was that a webcam from his laptop? i turned that shit off too

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wonder if retailers are receiving their shipments this week too. I should start checking out Staples and SDM soon. Staples let me have a 3DS XL a week before street date.

Yeah, I can on some level understand why people think that guy is funny, but I can't stand him either.

Don't get me wrong. I understand these companies going for a humorous look at the Wii U... but this was too much. I went back and watched more. WTf it looks like he rubbing himself at one point! Like dude, make the unboxing funny and professional. Not fat jokes, saying lets see this "shite", rubbing your crotch, stomach, or whatever it was you were touching. Ughhhh.... Destructiod should be ashamed of a highly anticipated new system unboxing video like that. Just ughhhh.

*AND this is the kinda shit they get paid for.. man... gaming journalism....*

Top Bottom