• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's about how I'm feeling right now too.

Me too.

I keep thinking I want to go out and pick one up, but there's no games I WANT to play on it right now, and I don't like the Gamepad controller at all.

But damnit.. 'Gadget Lust' is the perfect way to describe it, haha.

$80 for protection plan. What say you, GAF?

It's a Nintendo system.. I wouldn't mess with any kind of extended warranty, personally.

Zing

Banned
It has a big power adapter so not exactly discreet. And the deluxe comes with a charging cradle
Wait, only the deluxe comes with the cradle? I thought the deluxe just had the stand (tiny plastic stand to use while playing) over the basic. The basic does not include the charging cradle?

Man, I don't even know if I want one any more.

The only launch game I really, really want is Mario, but when its said and done I will be spending more than $400, more than $500 to be able to play the Wii games I want since I havent owned a Wii in 5 years.

GAF who got it, do you regret it or are you happy with your purchase?

The only launch game I really, really want is Mario, but when its said and done I will be spending more than $400, more than $500 to be able to play the Wii games I want since I havent owned a Wii in 5 years.

That is pretty much how I feel. At this point all I want is Mario

Seguin

Banned

sounds like you should hold off. I'm in the same boat, but Nintendoland does look like a fun game to play with a bunch of people. It's hard to justify spending all that money when there are no games, it would be like buying a Vita.

CoilShot

I got back from gamestop with my system and games. There was a line but it went very quick.

Side note: Anyone who ordered from newegg might want to check your email I just got my UPS tracking number for my games :)

Hobby

Anyone have any luck connecting Wii U to a monitor via an HDMI -> DVI plug? Keeps showing out of range for me.

Nevermind, got it working.

This seems sad. I come 15 min before opening at Target and I'm 6th in line. The Toys R Us next door has just a slightly longer line and Best Buy has two people.

Seanspeed

Banned
My mom works at Walmart and insisted she get me a deluxe wiiu as a gift with her 20% off discount. I'm very grateful and can't wait to get some games for it. I freed up my wiiu preorder at GameStop to get back my karma for my mom cutting the line outside as an employee. Profiteering on a Christmas gift with my preorder would just feel way too scummy. I hope my preorder went into the hands of an excited Nintendo fan.

Awesome mom.

Preordered from Toys R Us the day after the orders were available, walked in at 9:20 and grabbed a deluxe edition. I thought the store was dead but the guys working said they sold out in fifteen minutes lol. About to hook everything up now!

TRU I went to had a decent line at open. They cockblocked the resellers too. Told everyone that it was only going to be one person per system.

Purexed

Banned
Looks like a soft launch for Nintendo's standards. Definitely not the same buzz as the Wii. Glad most of you are finding success scoring your systems.

anddo0

Sitting at the bus stop with two Wii U units. One for me, one for my nephew. Mine was preoder, walked into Target for the other.

atomsk

Party Pooper
friends telling me out walking into local stores and just picking them up without reserves is making it real hard to sit at home right now

gunstarhero

This seems sad. I come 15 min before opening at Target and I'm 6th in line. The Toys R Us next door has just a slightly longer line and Best Buy has two people.

Sadder if they only have 5 systems ;)

Seriously - every store around me (NJ) got a handful of systems (15 max). Glad I trekked to the city last night to grab on at Nintendo World.

In other news - just hooked it up and the update is about 25% done, after waiting 15 minuites of so. Still sucks, but i expected worse after reading some posts last night.

Got my white Wii U! Looking like those are gonna be the more rare ones, Nintendo seems to have shipped less of those. Just showed up at Fred Meyer when they opened at 7am, walked in, and bought it (no reserve or anything, this store didn't take reserves). No line, I saw one guy hanging out outside the store before it opened but he could been there for eggs or something.

Best Buy is awesome. Target was sold out, went right over to Best Buy, as soon as I pulled in, the doors were opening with about 8 people in line. I had not preordered, but I followed the line right in, acted like I knew what I was doing, then they asked me, basic or deluxe, said basic, boom.. Wii U IN MAH HANDS. They also had plenty of games too, unlike some other places.

Sorry if answered:

In addition to getting the confirmation from Toys R Us, I also got one for the Pro controller saying I should expect to see it this week. Is this accurate? Hadn't been paying attention to that aspect of the release. Wondering if I'll be sent a Wii Remote Plus instead.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Going to stream a game or 2 of black ops 2 from the POV of the tablet before I switch to the real thing if anyone is interest I am using a Logitech C920 hd webcam it shouldnt be too bad, my streams amazing quality through the capture card but a webcam clipped to my shirt will be rough.

http://www.twitch.tv/hellishtv#

Looks good, but what the hell is the tablet display there for? It's just mirroring the feed from the main screen. What a complete waste of resources.

Svafnir

Go to Walmart 5am... Second in line, opens at 7. Tell us they only have preorders.

Head to toys r us at 7:30, manager asks if I'm in line for wii u. Tells me they only have one console that wasn't presold. Heck yes I am gonna wait here in the cold till 10 am.

I think this is gonna be a wii all over again, sold out everywhere. Atleast I think I'm getting one, unless manager lied to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom