• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseMath

wiiu21-jpg.jpg

Like all console launches, the Wii U will have it's growing pains, but overall I'm pretty darn satisfied with my purchase.

• The controller is awesome.
• Off-TV play is awesome.
• MiiVerse is awesome.
• TVii is awesome.

My friends and I have had a ton of fun with NintendoLand - especially the Zelda and Metroid attractions. NSMBU is a lot of fun as well and the challenge mode is maddeningly addictive. I didn't buy this thing for third-party support because I know better. I bought it for new, unique gaming experiences, and so far, I've been satisfied. No regrets. No remorse. Who's with me?

we really don't need to justify our purchase with threads like this.

I am enjoying the system quite a bit, though

Justify our purchase? This seems like a nice thing to do after all of the Wii U negativity lately.

On-topic: The Wii U is awesome! Miiverse is awesome! Nintendo Land is awesome! New Super Mario Bros. U is awesome!

Really enjoying my purchase so far, and I've been playing a little bit each day ever since it came out.

Also been using it for Netflix and Hulu Plus. Very few complaints from me so far, aside from the slow UI.

I love my Wii-U! I can't wait for Platinum's games to release :D. I've been playing mostly Gamepad only and it makes me want VC games playable on it. Make it happen Nintendo.

edit: Also want to mention that I initially thought Miiverse would be stupid. Nintendo has definitely proved me wrong. Miiverse is fantastic.

I am enjoying Miiverse way more than I expected to (which is to say that I thought it'd be a nuisance). It's pretty great.

I want Pikmin 3 now though. Gimme.

Nintendoland is surprisingly on of the very best games I've played this year. So getting just the premium pack turned out to be an amazing choice. Miiverse is awesome, and being a HUGE Pikmin fan, I cannot wait for 2013 Q2.

batbeg

Pointless thread, we have all the others to express our satisfaction in, and this will just get shitted up like all the others.

Koren

Not me. I browse gaf with Wii U web browser AND loiter about in miiverse. in fact... on my wii u browser right now... making this post :lol:
Me too ^_^

The browser is truly great, especially with gaf.

Other than that, I'm happy with my Wii U, Mario is great, and playing on the pad is nice. I just would have liked a little stronger wireless signal upstairs...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just enjoy the system and forget about how others feel.

I'm satisfied, because while I expected a number of things, I didn't expect that Nintendo had inadvertently made the perfect console for playing Descent.

Now we just need a port/clone of Descent!

I'm satisfied. It's fun roaming the house with it, especially when the wife wants to watch something else. It's actually taken over my iPad as the general net browser at my place. And MiiVerse is really awesome to browse and post on.

Posted from my WiiU.

Very satisfied, as noted in the other thread. Off TV play is great, and the games I've got thus far have hit the spot. Just waiting on OS level speed fixes, and various other niggles. Doesn't change the basic story.

Deku Tree

Love my Wii U. Especially also love Wii BC since I didn't own a Wii.

Wii U Games: Nintendoland, NSMBU, NG3RE.

Wii Games: Zelda Skyward Sword, SMG, SMG2, NSMBWii, Xenoblade, Punch-Out, MP3

Miiverse is cool too.

Marbles

people who would post here are busy on miiverse

k bye

Fair point. I think I’ve posted more on Miiverse than i have in the last year on GAF. The rampant hostility towards anything Nintendo on GAF can be a tad tiresome, so it's always nice to hang with likeminded folks.

I sense an imminent locking in this threads future.

And yeah this thread is doomed to die. No one what to know unless it can be spun into some bash-a-thon.

As for the Wii U. I'm surprised and shocked at how much I’m enjoying the overall package. Bought 3 games at retail and just downloaded my first Eshop game.

Also... I was totally wrong about Nintendoland, thought it would be a mini-game suckfeast but I'm starting to really enjoy it. My 6 year old autistic nephew thought it was "lots of fun".

Hoodbury

I'm satisfied too. CoD and AC III will satisfy me until March when Monster hunter comes out and then that will satisfy me so unbelievably hard it's not even funny how satisfied I'll be.

I've been loving it so far. Off TV play is one of my favorite features of any console. Been enjoying the games I've picked up so far and looking forward to what's been announced. Somehow I've put over 100 hours into this system already.

I've been loving that the sound, for instance in NSMBU comes from both my speakers and the GamePad, it gives it an extra jolt of surround sound and immersion. "Yeah" to the GamePad.

JaseMath

I've been loving that the sound, for instance in NSMBU comes from both my speakers and the GamePad, it gives it an extra jolt of surround sound and immersion. "Yeah" to the GamePad.

I keep my speakers off unless I'm doing off-screen play. I think otherwise it just sounds like an echo.

Enjoying the Wii U here too. I am surprised how much I like Trine 2, the integration of the touch controls is so natural, it makes me feel, like the game was originally designed for it.

Love my Wii U. Especially also love Wii BC since I didn't own a Wii.

Wii U Games: Nintendoland, NSMBU, NG3RE.

Wii Games: Zelda Skyward Sword, SMG, SMG2, NSMBWii, Xenoblade, Punch-Out, MP3

Miiverse is cool too.

Ya! I forgot about Punchout, I never owned a Wii and always wanted to play it, loved it as a kid. I'm so glad the WiiU is BC

Ill be getting mine hopefully for Xmas, if not ill be buying one shortly after.

Drensch

Digging it. I'd like some os optimizations.

seems like a good case study for persecution complex

It's not really a persecution complex when relentlessly persecuted. Any Wii thread and to a larger extent Nintendo thread gets shitted up fast. And by a lot of the same characters.

I've been using off-play so much that going back to my PS3 is hard. Another added bonus...I can play Call of Duty while taking my call of duty.

Digging it. I'd like some os optimizations.

It's not really a persecution complex when relentlessly persecuted. Any Wii thread and to a larger extent Nintendo thread gets shitted up fast. And by a lot of the same characters.

I was speaking about how it as in relation to the other thread regarding buyer's remorse. He even states it in the thread OP "with all the negativity ... "

And plus, if you ask anybody around here, whether it would be XBL, PSN, Halo, Uncharted, Nintendo, ... it seems there's always somebody negatively commenting on it.

There has been a few more than average with the Wii U but I think it's fully deserved. With that I'll let it get back to business. I don't want to detract from the thread even though I already have. FYI I do plan on picking one up when Pikmin comes out so I'm not a 'full' hater, just saddened at the approach that was (expected) taken.

D-e-f-

Banned
I CAN'T GET NO ...

Errm ...

No seriously, I'm pretty satisfied with my Wii U experience. The awesomeness of Miiverse is still blowing me away, I got awesome new games to play and Off-TV Play as a feature is made of awesomesauce! (Yes I'm aware of my excessive a-word usage)

The only thing that is infuriating is the Miiverse "code of conduct" which prevents me from swearing :D

jacksrb

Looking forward to the "Wii U - Expectations Met" thread, amirite?

Love my Wii U so far. Miiverse is awesome. NintendoLand, challenges in NSMBU, and Batman Arkham City have been great (I know Arkham City is not the definitive edition, but I still really love it as my first visit with RockSteady's Batman).

Thoraxes

I just wanted you guys to know that after playing some games and dreading about the RAM speed the whole time I played, I didn't actually notice how fast the RAM was working.

7threst

I love my WiiU. But I gotta admit, I have a hard time adjusting to the two-screen setup. I'm seriously worried I'll not able to play some games in the future properly because those ask of you that you constantly switch between controller screen and TV. I notice it with ZombiU, and I just noticed it playing Rayman.

tkscz

Loving it so far. Only one freeze and honestly I really don't notice the updates (not much different than when MS loads about 20 updates for Windows 7.... yeah I ignore them that much), I just start playing TF2 and when I'm done the update is downloaded and installed.

Let me level with you on ZombiU though, honestly scarier than RE2, which was the scariest game I've played all the way through (never finished Silent Hill 2). Everything about it is legitimately scary. The atmosphere, the sound and the lack of actual Zombies. Love how your radar picks up animals, so you don't know if it's a group of zombies or just some birds or rats. Love it.

hachi

Banned
You've made a grave error. Gamer-types only visit the internet to complain. Turn the thread into a reverse complaint and you'll get some action, like:
Vocal Wii U Critics are Full of It, Confused, Misinformed - Here's Why

;)

Very satisfied with my purchase. GamePad is fantastic and should open up a lot of gameplay opportunities. Nintendo Land (and it's unique use of the two screens) has completely enthralled my wife, making it the very first video game that she has ever actively suggested we play together. Off-play is a great feature. While the third-party situation is probably going to be lacking, I look forward to the Wii U's future.

Clockwork

Since I am one to always buy consoles at launch, I think I have been really good with setting proper expectations.

With that in mind I am happy with my Wii U purchase. There are things I could nitpick, but that happens with every new release.

As an early adopter I understand there will be growing pains. So far it hasn't taken away from my fun.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom