• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Satisfaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran into this glitch tonight. If anyone has a handy workaround, that would be great. I've done the obvious stuff, such as resetting my router. Turning my U on without the router connected, powering down and powering it back up. Deleting all my internet connections. I've looked through the settings to see if maybe something got toggled off but nothing appears to be for Warawara.

And of course, my Miiverse, eShop, browser, and other such internet enabled cababilities are fine, just the Warawara. From googling, one person suggested that if you get modded in Miiverse and fail to respond, that could cause it (I have not been modded ever).

Another poster said he fixed his problem by downloading software (Uplay, a free program). I uninstalled that and reinstalled, no dice. There's no current free software I don't have or paid software I plan to buy at least until Zen Pinball, so that would take a while for me to confirm.

Another poster has a pretty intense fix involving creating a dummy account, deleting your existing Mii, moving network IDs and a whole bunch of jazz like that. I'd be a little concerned to lose my play logs and saves by trying something like that.

If anyone is in the same boat and figures something out, let me know please :) It's not the end of the world, but I like seeing the different drawings popping up from the boards I don't visit.

I suppose there's a chance it's just a Nintendo glitch at the moment or that the problem could resolve itself, but I've only seen one or two posts say that so I sort of doubt it :/

Happened to me too. I'll just wait and see how it is in the morning. It's not the first time it's happened. The last time it latest for a few days I think.

Glass Joe

Happened to me too. I'll just wait and see how it is in the morning.

Maybe that's oddly reassuring if that just happened to you tonight. Maybe Nintendo broke something on their end and it's just a glitch? I've seen users report this as a long standing problem when they encounter it, but who knows. With luck it might just be a drunk Nintendo employee who sat on the wrong switch :) I'll keep my eyes posted, feel free to message me here or on Miiverse if it suddenly works for ya!

Maybe that's oddly reassuring if that just happened to you tonight. Maybe Nintendo broke something on their end and it's just a glitch? I've seen users report this as a long standing problem when they encounter it, but who knows. With luck it might just be a drunk Nintendo employee who sat on the wrong switch :) I'll keep my eyes posted, feel free to message me here or on Miiverse if it suddenly works for ya!

Will do!

Glass Joe

i looked at my feed and am seeing several more people reporting the same thing. must just be down (hopefully) instead of being the pain in the ass fix a few have had to go through. i wouldn't bother doing all that crap i just tried for no reason, in other words :)

Glass Joe

When it comes back up, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Zelda Community there.

i hope not. i endorse the concept, but that zelda board should be a sub-community under a general nintendo community (with the imaginary 3ds, nintendo direct, and virtual console boards i'd have to expect will eventually come to exist). wara should be games, not fan fiction IMO.

Porcile

I had the default Mii Plaza for like two weeks. Drove me nuts. I might of been one the people you mentioned but downloading the Zombi U demo fixed it straight away for for me. I think deleting and reinstalling might not do the same thing as a fresh and new install. You might have to wait until a new demo or something.

Don't don't do the Dummy account thing, it's ridiculous. You'll lose play logs and possibly save files.

Just be patient, something down the line will fix it for you.

OK, well that's good to know I suppose! I'm checking now and mine is still the same.
Mine is still default this morning, oh well. Maybe it'll be better when I gat back from the farmer's market.

Edit: the second wave of miis just ran on and are milling around talking about games without icons to stand under. They look lost.

widgetraf

I know this has been asked before, but can someone really confirm that the US version of the Wii U is dual voltage? Getting some conflicting research online.

Thanks!

I know this has been asked before, but can someone really confirm that the US version of the Wii U is dual voltage? Getting some conflicting research online.

Thanks!
I just checked my power supply, it's not. You'd need an inverter, a EU or JP PSU, or a third party PSU that's dual voltage...

But, I did find this breakdown that claims the US PSU is dual voltage even though it isn't labeled as such... He includes photos of the markings inside the PSU that label the Wii U and gamepad PSUs as having 250v capacities...

http://www.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latte/2012/12/12/wii-u-power-adapters-usa-are-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage

so... try at your own risk, I suppose.

My WaraWara Plaza also reset to default, has to be on Nintendos side.

edit: seems to be working now for me now, maybe four hours after posting this.

JaseMath

I like it because it is so light. I miss rumble though (or is it in somehow)? well you can play most of the games with wiimotes at least for now i guess.
Are you talking about the pro pad...because that's great. The tablet controller I find to be too light.

EDIT: It doesn't have rumble? :( I own one, but have yet to use in any game.

widgetraf

I just checked my power supply, it's not. You'd need an inverter, a EU or JP PSU, or a third party PSU that's dual voltage...

But, I did find this breakdown that claims the US PSU is dual voltage even though it isn't labeled as such... He includes photos of the markings inside the PSU that label the Wii U and gamepad PSUs as having 250v capacities...

http://www.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latte/2012/12/12/wii-u-power-adapters-usa-are-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage

so... try at your own risk, I suppose.

Yeah this is what I find pretty confusing. I'm not willing to plug it without doing more research, but it's pretty much a deal-breaker for me because I don't have the space for an inverter.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hmmmm. Well, I'll make a thread within the next few days. Maybe we can relay information about it somehow.

FYI, I've had Miiverse push data like WaraWara and NintendoLand plaza stop coming a few times since launch. Mostly noticed it in NintendoLand. The plaza will reset to default placeholder Miis.

It always comes back within a few hours.

Maybe it happens when they take one stage pipeline down for maintenance or something.

Effect

The only time the gamepad has been uncomfortable for me was with Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge. A long session with the button presses that game requires caused my fingers and hand to hurt. However I think the result would have been the same with any other controller. I've been find with ZombiU and Assassin's Creed 3. No issues at all with NSMBU. When I play Nintendo Land and Call of Duty I'm normally using the Wii remote.

Speaking of Call of Duty I think I'm officially done with the series as a whole. Had BO2 at launch then resold it and picked up Assassin's Creed 3 (glad I did). Picked it up again when it went on sale at Best Buy for $30 a few weeks ago. Figured I'd just have it in my collection even if I got tired of it. Don't even want it in the house now for some reason. My frustration level with it just keeps rising. Which is weird because my K/D is going up and I win matches with more kills than deaths and I'm pulling off all my kill streaks. On my third prestige now. So if my frustration level is rising when I'm actually doing very well with the game something is really, really wrong. I the game going is the only solution at this point. Luckily Best Buy is offering 100% bonus credit for all trades. So at the current price I'm getting half my money back.

That will make buying Monster Hunter hurt my wallet a little less.

stone128

I've always bought Nintendo consoles at launch simply 'cause I know there will be some great gamews on the platform. With the WiiU however, I sorta wish I waited a bit, since nothing too interesting is out on it yet, just collecting dust...

Of course they had to delay The Wonderful 101 :/

Effect

AC3 recommended on Wii U then? (Don't have a gaming PC)

Plays just fine. Has the same issues as all the other versions but I never noticed anything to crazy personally as far as glitches go. Some get lucky like that or I just wasn't aware it was even a glitch. Online is kinda dead save the weekends. Also still no date on the George Washington DLC. We have the other two. So those last two might be deciding factors if you want get the Wii U version or for one of the other systems and maybe PC.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone else find the gamepad uncomfortable? :(

Find myself using wiimote for Sonic

The comfort level I have with the Game Pad for long play sessions is one of the most surprising (in a good way) things about the Wii U. I was dead set on buying a Pro Controller for MonHan, but now I'm just going to stick with the Game Pad. The only reason I could see going with a Pro Controller is for the massive battery life.

VICI0US

I've always bought Nintendo consoles at launch simply 'cause I know there will be some great gamews on the platform. With the WiiU however, I sorta wish I waited a bit, since nothing too interesting is out on it yet, just collecting dust...

Of course they had to delay The Wonderful 101 :/

I'd definitely recommend checking out MH Tri Ultimate next month.

it seems to be a fairly beginner friendly entry in the series if you've never played it and if you do get into it monster hunter games will give you literally hundreds of hours of playtime.

A good month into owning one and I really love the system, wish it was selling better, only thing I dont like is the capacitive touch screen while playing games like ZombiU.

The comfort level I have with the Game Pad for long play sessions is one of the most surprising (in a good way) things about the Wii U. I was dead set on buying a Pro Controller for MonHan, but now I'm just going to stick with the Game Pad. The only reason I could see going with a Pro Controller is for the massive battery life.

Brought this up to my wife and she said let the tablet "sit/rest" in your hands and fingers. Don't grip it.

This has been working well for me.

methodman

Banned
I love my Wii U, but I just wish Nintendo realized that these long ass gaps between games is what has been costing them so much mind share from other people. Release some games dammit! Put some games on eShop if anything. Just give me more gamessss

dwu8991

Banned
I'd definitely recommend checking out MH Tri Ultimate next month.

it seems to be a fairly beginner friendly entry in the series if you've never played it and if you do get into it monster hunter games will give you literally hundreds of hours of playtime.

repetitive/grind hours of playtime !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom