• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
at this point Nintendo is going to lock down everything tighter or other devs will see the attention Ubisoft is getting off this and sneak out a trailer of their own

regardless things just got REAL :3

I'm surprised this even got out. nintendo ninjas have been busy all year long and now they must work overtime

BY2K

Membero Americo
at this point Nintendo is going to lock down everything tighter or other devs will see the attention Ubisoft is getting off this and sneak out a trailer of their own

regardless things just got REAL :3

I think you mean

ibhy8OXQjerUD8.gif

orioto

Good Art™
But what about people that recognize the new feature and are actually excited about it? My girlfriend loves to collect those little Rabbids figurines, and now she can use them in the sequel to one of her favorite games?

As she isn't that proficient with gaming as me and my friends are, the Upad controls as a "gamemaster" are perfect for her to join us playing the game and still be able to relax and enjoy the experience instead of having to fear of falling of every second cliff while having to keep pace with the rest of us.

It's exactly the feature that the Pad should introduce. Enhanced local Multiplayer that caters to different skillsets without being condescending about it.

This trailer is confirming a lot of my hopes for the WiiU and it's integration of the pad into local Multiplayer. I would agree however that these features are pretty conservative, but then again, Rayman is hardly the game to go apeshit crazy with gameplay features.
What's been shown is allready enough for me to be a believer that the WiiU will bring me a lot of quality entertainment for me and my girlfriend, as well as friends.

I now i know, Nintendo's whole strategy is about the social and family interaction in gaming. I'm not concerned by that so i'm not their actual target, and it hurts! I hate Nintendo cause they're not interested in me !

But still, i'm just a little worried that they fully assume the "let's use lots of gimmick and things to buy in a smart way cause in the end, that's what makes money, not zelda shit..." But i know Ubisoft is the king for that, so them being the first exemple we have is not the best exemple, i'll admit it!

You lack vision. Selling toys to unlock content isn't the only thing you can do with NFC.
Enlighten me please!

guek

Banned
Know what's hilarious? This leak has generated orders of magnitude more buzz and excitement on gaf than the sony all stars reveal :p

And yeah, part of that is because we knew the sony game was coming, but still...

NFC = gimmick

is what people are saying... when was the last time you heard that about Nintendo?

NFC maybe the most important money making thing to come out of the WiiU
so much gameplay ideas and credit card transactions

Japan will eat this up.

Dragon Quest X using NFC

MMOs using NFC

Pokemon using NFC

Boobie girl games using NFC

so SONY/MS will copy this day one no doubt

TriGen

I should be sleeping right now. I have a quiz worth 5% of my grade in 4 hours.

But it's a group quiz *shrugs*

Know how you feel, I was about to lay down and then I thought "I should check neogaf before I do that" now I'm up for good.

There is no way in hell this is happening, but imagine a reveal that all Nintendo figurines bought over the last year were actually WiiU NFC-enabled.

AzaK

IdeaMan == Yves Guillemot confirmed!

Not that it bothers me too much but looking at the video of Rayman, the underside triggers look too thin to be analog still..

EloquentM

aka Mannny
NFC = gimmick

is what people are saying... when was the last time you heard that about Nintendo?

Japan will eat this up.

Dragon Quest X using NFC

MMOs using NFC

Pokemon using NFC

honestly I see NFC as the future of consoles

guek

Banned

Imagine picking up a couple game code cards from a retail store, coming home, throwing the cards on your controller on the coffee table, and the system automatically starts downloading the games without you ever having to access a menu. Would feel pretty boss.

NFC = gimmick

Japan will eat this up.

Dragon Quest X using NFC

MMOs using NFC

Pokemon using NFC

If I am not wrong, Spyro Adventure and its figurine revenue has said to be pretty high in NPD threads? (and it's not even that popular if I am not wrong)

Just so I understand, you can't send significant amounts of data over NFC, right? So in this trailer, the figurines likely just transmit a key which unlocks existing game content?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Imagine picking up a couple game code cards from a retail store, coming home, throwing the cards on your controller on the coffee table, and the system automatically starts downloading the games without you ever having to access a menu. Would feel pretty boss.

or lazy. I like navigating menus and getting arthritis. we're going to end up like those people from wall-e one day

={

antonz

Just so I understand, you can't send significant amounts of data over NFC, right? So in this trailer, the figurines likely just transmit a key which unlocks existing game content?

The figurine would likely have a chip with a code that is already in game so when the code is read an action occurs. Though this can be used for things like credit cards etc

Or like, even taking the product out of the blister packaging, depending on the product.

so seriously what is the fallout from this leak? Ubisoft is too large to be in any trouble so this could have been planned all along... I want to see a game that can show us more about WiiU's power though

yeah the simple fact that it makes sales transactions easier is enough

TriGen

I always am to afraid to have my CC permanetly on file, but the code cards are always annoying to enter, so your right that would be a great feature.

AzaK

It's pretty low bandwidth but I don't think there's a limit on what you can send. I imagine it will just unlock stuff that's in there. They won't store models and levels etc on the figurines.

Yup. I think nintendo said they got the idea from japanese vending machines...?
Makes sense!

How about this for a use of NFC? Nintendo has a website where you can order a custom-made figurine of your Mii. Then, to log in to your account, you just place it on the pad. Handy for families

is nintendo even willing to put big budget pokemon games on their consoles anymore or ever? lol
I dont know the budget for pokemon on consoles or whatever but if its pokemon of any sort they'll probably include something like that regardless because you know.. its pokemon :p wether it be the poke park nonsense, pokemon stadium like games they wouldnt be missing easy money if they didnt incorporate something like this.Hell Wii U might be the revival of collecting pokemon cards for most of us.

GCX

so seriously what is the fallout from this leak? Ubisoft is too large to be in any trouble so this could have been planned all along... I want to see a game that can show us more about WiiU's power though
In the end the trailer doesn't really show much new aside the game itself since the temporary footage doesn't confirm or deny anything. Nintendo ninjas may show some mercy.

antonz

Yup. I think nintendo said they got the idea from japanese vending machines...?

Yeah NFC is really booming in Japan while its still in the infancy stage in NA etc. The idea mentioned with buying a gamecard coming home and scanning it and downloading that game is a great example of what NFC could do.

Remember that the WiiU version is rendered TWICE. Once in HD for the TV and once for the DRC (or uPad if you like this name better). Im talking about Rayman Legends here ;)

test_account

XP-39C²
BTW dat Smash Bros Close... I hope Reggie or Iwata responds to it with something like: "Now one of our competitor, desperate for success, trying to blatantly copy our Smash Bros game. This truly shows how Nintendos software plays a huge part in our strategy to be successful"
Why would they say that? This is far from the first Smash Bros clone, so this situation isnt anything new.

I really dont see the anger(?) over this Battle Royale game. Yes, it looks very much like a Smash Bros clone, but there are a lot of clones of other games other there. Modern warfare first person shooters comes to mind. Are people pisssed(?) over this too? Clones are a testament to the original idea, that people believe in it.

I mean there is nothing you can do about copiers they see you having success they want a piece of the pie its the way things works...anyways its such a shameless ripoff that might be the biggest downfall the game has..and I dont really know sony characters like they but it also seems the game might have a low list of characters.
What makes it seem like there are few characters?

It just shows how insanely poor Sonys game desingers are if they have to resort to blatantly rip off another companys franchise.

I wouldn´t write this if this game would be diffrent and maybe introduce something new, but that game looks like a total clone...

This totally justifies Iwatas stance on not showing it too early because it could be copyed. Whatever they bring as the WiiU packin must be on the Shelves before a "copy" from Microsoft and Sony can make it to the store shelves!
I think that 3rd parties is a bigger threat here. Just look at all the Wii Sports and Wii Play clones that excist on Wii. The WiiU is launching in maybe 5 months, so it doesnt really matter much, their ideas will be revieled then regardless. It might even be shown at E3 in a month too. It is not like someone could develope the same idea in that short amount of time and beat Nintendo to the punch on this. But i understand that Nintendo (and all other companies in the same situation for that matter) dont want to announce it earlier than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom