• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY LITTLE PONY NFC for WiiU

OMG I forgot about MLP-GAF!

This is the only version of Celestia you get.
KL0Aa.png

Bronies rage quit gaming.

Just glad the first leak isn't from really dumb game...
Wish it was more Killer Freaks info, though.

Totally agree, Legends was the perfect type of early leak. Great support for what will probably be the best 2D platformer of 2012 (aside from Nintendo plats). And yeah, Killer Freaks has me intrigued, I'd love to see a more final version.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I still don't get this NFC thing, i must be too old...

Orioto,

Do some high-quality prints of your artworks.
Add an NFC chip on each of them.

Meanwhile, i go to Nintendo to propose the idea of a an indie/newcomers artists workshop, a nice environment which will have as one of its feature:

- People will buy prints like yours, small sculptures, cakes shaped like a fictional character, a card, etc, then approach them to the padlet, to download exclusive galleries (with creation history, explanations, some fake 3D thanks to eye recognition, animations, a board to talk about it), virtual statues, sketches, and even small indie games, rough prototypes to show gamedesign ideas (they could be protected by Nintendo, they could have a priority to find & help these new talents), with communities to exchange opinions, find financial support, etc.

if the pokemon came in a pokeball in vending machines made with cheap plastic with the NFC chips or full blown highly crafted and detailed toy which one would you guys want?

4 quarters in a vending maching

or $15 each at Toy R US?

I am so glad I am not a parent right now

Antioch

Whoa, didn't expect a leak at all, I feel like I should get Origins now. :\

NFC looks very interesting, actually weren't there rumors originally about how the Wii U would have some kind of feature where you could 'feel' the game world and physically interact with it via the screen (outside of touch controls)? Looks like this might be what they were talking about?

So I'm guessing we shouldn't have seen that trailer until the Nintendo Press Conference at E3, hmmm?

I don't think the trailer was ever intended to be publicized, from the looks of it.

with so many clueless people complaining about the Wires on the pad, I am the only one hoping we get detachable Wires so I don't have to worry about my battery while gaming on my bed or couch all day

clemenx

Banned
Oh my god that NFC.
Can't wait for something Pokemon related... They'll be swimming in obscene money.

Also, is it ok to worry about the console only supporting one tablet thanks to this video or should I wait for more info? :/ I'm not the overreacting type but that left a taste in the mouth.

I want my wires Nintendo don't listen to the wireless people who will turn on you when they find out the battery does not last as long as on an iOS device - you don't spend Apple money on high end batteries so give me nice wires please

GCX

Could someone please summarize the latest news for me? I just woke up and I have no idea of what's going on.
Basically:

- Rayman Legends confirmed via the trailer but all the acting and controller stuff is just temporary material for internal purposes (aka the wired controller is a dev unit)
- Iwata confirmed WiiU retail games for download on day 1 and also explained their "Nintendo > retailer > customer" digital distribution method
- WiiU's "WiiSports equivalent" in the works but Iwata can't say more for competitive reasons
- Worldwide release this year

That's it for the last 12 hours I guess.

Antioch

I want my wires Nintendo don't listen to the wireless people who will turn on you when they find out the battery does not last as long as on an iOS device - you don't spend Apple money on high end batteries so give me nice wires please

I agree, as long as the wire isn't as short as the PS3 one.

Oh my god that NFC.
Can't wait for something Pokemon related... They'll be swimming in obscene money.

Also, is it ok to worry about the console only supporting one tablet thanks to this video or should I wait for more info? :/ I'm not the overreacting type but that left a taste in the mouth.

While it looks like a possibility, there was one person who was responsible for controlling platforms and such so I think it may be down to a design decision of the game that only one player can use the pad, and not necessarily for lack of technical capability.

Smellycat

So, launch games so far:

-Super Mario 4
- Pikmen 3
- Plenty of Unannounced 1st party games, possibly a game from Retro.
-Ghost Recon
-Killer freaks from Outerspace
-Rayman Legends
- Darksiders 2
-Batman
- Ninja Gaiden 3
- More 3rd party games.

Launch looks pretty good so far, and this is before E3.

HylianTom

Banned
Damn. I go to bed early, and this happens? Serves me right!

Prediction: this Rayman will sell much, much better than Origins, despite the console it's being released on having a tiny userbase - just because of the hype from this leak and the attention the game will get from being there at launch.

Which is a shame, as Origins is a fantastic game.

So, launch games so far:

-Super Mario 4
- Pikmen 3
- Plenty of Unannounced 1st party games, possibly a game from Retro.
-Ghost Recon
-Killer freaks from Outerspace
-Rayman Legends
- Darksiders 2
-Batman
- Ninja Gaiden 3
- More 3rd party games.

Launch looks pretty good so far, and this is before E3.
Super Mario 4? I know I wasnt under a rock that long..

Damn. I go to bed early, and this happens? Serves me right!

Prediction: this Rayman will sell much, much better than Origins, despite the console it's being released on having a tiny userbase - just because of the hype from this leak and the attention the game will get from being there at launch.

Which is a shame, as Origins is a fantastic game.

Yeah, this leak and the attention its getting because of the sparse amount of Wii U footage bodes very well for the game's sales.

Intentional marketing under the guise of a leak???

Pure genius!!!

Just think if this game was shown at E3 amongst the heavy hitters. It wouldn't to me but for many, it might get lost in the shuffle.

Kjellson

Basically:

- Rayman Legends confirmed via the trailer but all the acting and controller stuff is just temporary material for internal purposes (aka the wired controller is a dev unit)
- Iwata confirmed WiiU retail games for download on day 1 and also explained their "Nintendo > retailer > customer" digital distribution method
- WiiU's "WiiSports equivalent" in the works but Iwata can't say more for competitive reasons
- Worldwide release this year

That's it for the last 12 hours I guess.
Thanks, mate. Sounds good.

However, I don't understand the DD-retailer-thing clearly enough. Will GameStop have one version of Super Mario 4 and Amazon another with another price?

zbeeb

Thanks, mate. Sounds good.

However, I don't understand the DD-retailer-thing clearly enough. Will GameStop have one version of Super Mario 4 and Amazon another with another price?

From what I understand, its that retailers will sell 'game vouchers' that you can input (or NFC!) the code to your WiiU to download the game. These would be sold at a discounted price compared to boxed versions, but keeps retailers in business and those who dont want to hand over their credit card details can still use digital purchases.

Antioch

Well, Nintendo said that they are releasing a 2D mario at launch, and didn't the recently trademark Super Mario Bros 4? So....

Nintendo hasn't said anything about what they are releasing at launch, and the only official thing we heard about a 2D Mario coming was from a low level rep who likely knows nothing about what the line-up looks like.

And honestly I think Super Mario 4 may actually refer to the next 3D Mario. You could argue that Super Mario Sunshine was Super Mario 2 and SMG is SM3, I don't know, a bit of a stretch maybe, but if it referred to a 2D game it would surely be Super Mario Bros. 4, no?

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Yeah, this leak and the attention its getting because of the sparse amount of Wii U footage bodes very well for the game's sales.

Intentional marketing under the guise of a leak???

Pure genius!!!

Just think if this game was shown at E3 amongst the heavy hitters. It wouldn't to me but for many, it might get lost in the shuffle.

There's clearly a problem with E3 as we know it, and a lot of people from the industry think the same. It's too cluttered with announcements, revelations, games demos, footages, etc. I'm sorry but if i spend 3 years to develop a title that i cherish, i want for it the best attention & coverage possible, and certainly not see all my company efforts be milked by a frenetic show throwing 5 news per second for one week.

And for the Wii U, with all the first-party titles + third-parties exclusive + all the ps360 ports + the blackout since its reveal, we are good to see the most impressive BUT AT THE SAME TIME overwhelming and confusing showcase of games we've ever seen on a Nintendo system. In this day & age, with grim reports about studios closing, being acquired, sometimes because of disappointing sales of just ONE project, titles must stand out and catch the attention of enough audience, and this Wii U overcrowded E3 isn't the best situation for that. They need, accordingly with third-parties, to do mini online showrooms to talk about these probably overlooked-at-e3 titles, from the conference until the launch.

Roo

I loved that trailer.
Rayman Origins is by far my favorite platformer from last gen and this one looks even better. Can't wait.

Btw.. I love how everyone is like OH SHIT!, DAMN!, HOLY FUCK,
FUCK!, THAT LOOKS AMAZING, OH NOEZ... A NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE
THAT SHIT LOOKS GREAT, NFC FIGURINES? OMG

it's all about games... right guys? :D

I loved that trailer.
Rayman Origins is by far my favorite platformer from last gen and this one looks even better. Can't wait.

Nope, its all about the hardware.

So can we assume that the footage shown was from WiiU?

I'd imagine they'd show off the best version of the game. I would like to see a comparision of the engine on all platforms come E3. :D

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
People need to think before creating news.

For shame, gaming media, for shame.

Everyone is so narrowminded and literal.

"Ohhh no, an impressive game on Wii U! We can't have that! That's positive news! I know... Let's say they have trouble with wireless!"

Antioch

There's clearly a problem with E3 as we know it, and a lot of people from the industry think the same. It's too cluttered with announcements, revelations, games demos, footages, etc. I'm sorry but if i spend 3 years to develop a title that i cherish, i want for it the best attention & coverage possible, and certainly not see all my company efforts be milked by a frenetic show throwing 5 news per second for one week.

And for the Wii U, with all the first-party titles + third-parties exclusive + all the ps360 ports + the blackout since its reveal, we are good to see the most impressive BUT AT THE SAME TIME overwhelming and confusing showcase of games we've ever seen on a Nintendo system. In this day & age, with grim reports about studios closing, being acquired, sometimes because of disappointing sales of just ONE project, titles must stand out and catch the attention of enough audience, and this Wii U overcrowded E3 isn't the best situation for that. They need, accordingly with third-parties, to do mini online showrooms to talk about these probably overlooked-at-e3 titles, from the conference until the launch.

I think though, at the same time, it's more important for Nintendo to focus on showing a great breadth of games for Wii U rather than focusing on a select few, at least during the main press conference.

I loved that trailer.

I don't think it's exclusive, is it? The trailer just makes mentions of exclusive content but not full exclusivity, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom