• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I loved that trailer.
Rayman Origins is by far my favorite platformer from last gen and this one looks even better. Can't wait.

Btw.. I love how everyone is like OH SHIT!, DAMN!, HOLY FUCK,
FUCK!, THAT LOOKS AMAZING, OH NOEZ... A NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE
THAT SHIT LOOKS GREAT, NFC FIGURINES? OMG

it's all about games... right guys? :D

Yes, all about games to me.
ANd this is the first one and it seems good, so I'm happy :D

Effect

If I were Nintendo and still had some cards I wanted to keep close to my chest, Ubisoft would be the last people I'd tell!

They could easily point to this leak as to why as well and Ubisoft and other others likely couldn't say anything in return. Still I'm glad this leak is out. The footage looked incredible. I've been wanting to play Skylanders but didn't have the time and if this is a launch game, when I'm open to buying almost anything interesting if I have the budget for it, this could be my first Rayman game. The game just looked so beautiful.

Effect

If there is a cable for the controller I would it expect it to be like the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. Both are wireless but have wired options. If the Wii U controller needs to be wired I don't see a big deal as long as they provide a somewhat long cord to cover a good part of a room. Dislike that the PS3 charger cord is so short. The 360 wired controller has a good length to it though. Would suck if you couldn't take it over the house or apartment but I always figured that was a long shot considering the issues wireless would have in general and that the game has to be streamed to the controller. Having it wired should take away any issues with how long it could last before it needs to be charged. The controllers for the others need to be charged frequently, especially if you play for a few hours at a time. This thing is doing a LOT more.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
amqqbj.gif

That Rayman trailer was phenomenal. Can't wait to see Nintendo implement the NFC stuff. They have so many franchises they can cross pollinate with.

But... I haven't been keeping up with Wii U news but seeing they're still planning on multiple users using the Wii Remotes makes me super sad. :( I just hope platformer games allow players to use more than one as my household will have multiple Wii U controllers. Let those of us who have multiple use them!

That Rayman trailer was phenomenal. Can't wait to see Nintendo implement the NFC stuff. They have so many franchises they can cross pollinate with.

But... I haven't been keeping up with Wii U news but seeing they're still planning on multiple users using the Wii Remotes makes me super sad. :(

Animal Cro

HylianTom

Banned
Dammit.. I want to stay mad at Ubi for the shit they're pushed on us over the past few years, but this looks too good to pass up.

Maybe I can get a family member to buy it as a present.. hmm..

Dammit.. I want to stay mad at Ubi for the shit they're pushed on us over the past few years, but this looks too good to pass up.

Maybe I can get a family member to buy it as a present.. hmm..

I throw most "principles" out the window and am very forgiveable if the games are right.

People slag Capcom but then they make games like Revelations.

Not everyone makes games that good so I live with the shittiness.

People don't seem to believe me, but, Pokemon 5th Gen battle sim/RPG. It's going to be using NFC. It's going to sells billions.

But... I haven't been keeping up with Wii U news but seeing they're still planning on multiple users using the Wii Remotes makes me super sad. :( I just hope platformer games allow players to use more than one as my household will have multiple Wii U controllers. Let those of us who have multiple use them!

Here's a thought I've just had - if streaming is a problem for multiple controller support, could they not sell a cord separately to attach to a USB port or something for use with multiple controllers? A little frankenstick-esque, but is it possible? It doesn't solve the complex rendering problems, but it might get stuff like madden/2d maps/inventories to work.

Antioch

Keep in mind that at E3 2011, during the controller reveal trailer the first controller used was actually a Wii Remote and that was single-player. I mentioned in another post here that I think the use of Wii remotes for the additional players in the trailer may be down to a design/convenience decision, as 4 players having the ability to move one platform for instance could get messy.

darthdago

@ HylianTom
very good avatar again!!

@ all
some pages ago someone asked (hoped) about a codename release of WiiU GPU/CPU.
But iirc that has happened allready...
It was thread 3 or even this one as someone mentioned the IBM CPU codename is "project flanker", where we know from mid last year that the AMD GPU codename is "wolf"....

hmmm, never putted that two together....it is....it is strongly war related I would say....

Lttp, just watched the amazing Rayman Legends trailer, WHOOOO! Looks amazing! And it was sweet to see the NFC goodies in action. What a great thing to wake up to. More leaks, muuuuust have themmnm.

Oh and the investor meeting wasn't that bad, hurrah!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ya know, I'll be honest, I would actually prefer the tablet controller to be wired.

I don't think that would happen as it goes against the whole idea of the system, but the reasons are simple.

A wired controller could allow the tablet controller to display something other than a streaming video feed. That's really it right there. As a wireless controller the WiiU is basically sending a video feed to it and that will have an impact on image quality and responsiveness.

At the very least I would love to see an option to plug the controller in and have the system render directly to it instead of displaying a video.

HylianTom

Banned
I throw most "principles" out the window and am very forgiveable if the games are right.

People slag Capcom but then they make games like Revelations.

Not everyone makes games that good so I live with the shittiness.
I might have to get more lax if they keep the games coming. Either that, or find loopholes. This one looks fantastic.

@ HylianTom
very good avatar again!!
Thanks.. it's one of my favorite memories. :)
All of my avvys will have him in them from now on. I have thousands of pics, so we won't run out anytime soon!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/HylianTom/The Jake File/SunrisewithJake.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Orioto,

Do some high-quality prints of your artworks.
Add an NFC chip on each of them.

Meanwhile, i go to Nintendo to propose the idea of a an indie/newcomers artists workshop, a nice environment which will have as one of its feature:

- People will buy prints like yours, small sculptures, cakes shaped like a fictional character, a card, etc, then approach them to the padlet, to download exclusive galleries (with creation history, explanations, some fake 3D thanks to eye recognition, animations, a board to talk about it), virtual statues, sketches, and even small indie games, rough prototypes to show gamedesign ideas (they could be protected by Nintendo, they could have a priority to find & help these new talents), with communities to exchange opinions, find financial support, etc.

Let's do that!
But seriously i doubt Nintendo likes the idea of supporting any fan thing :p
Anyway i'm sure there are lots of marketing ideas to have with this probably.... I would prefer gameplay ideas but anyway!

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
We need food NFC tagged

Put an NFCed apple or a chicken drumstick on the padlet, and you gain lives in your very difficult action game.

Ok, IDK if you guys know this, but Rayman Origins was the best video game to be released in the year of 2011, hands down, do not pass GO, do not collect $200. The sequel coming to the Wii-U can only be a good thing. IDK if I'll be buying it on the Wii-U, but its gonna be a hell of a game regardless on what system you get it on.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't really see Rayman as anything more special than, say, Assassin's Creed. The game was in development regardless of the Wii U, it's not Wii U exclusive, is unlikely to look any better on the Wii U than it does on other systems, and the gimmicks will be the only thing that set its apart. Cool gimmicks maybe? I don't know.

I'm excited, but I guess I don't consider this very megatony or special. It's another port from Ubi, one that just so happens to be excellent. Cool stuff, but yeah.

I figure a lot of the hype and wow factor revolves around the fact this is the first post-E3 2011 Wii U shit we've seen. And it's a leak.

I don't really see Rayman as anything more special than, say, Assassin's Creed. The game was in development regardless of the Wii U, it's not Wii U exclusive, is unlikely to look any better on the Wii U than it does on other systems, and the gimmicks will be the only thing that set its apart. Cool gimmicks maybe? I don't know.

I'm excited, but I guess I don't consider this very megatony or special. It's another port

It's "megatonny" because it's the first Wii U game shown in ages.

Also, any very good title is welcome at the launch of the system.

A very good 2D title????

Even better.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It's "megatonny" because it's the first Wii U game shown in ages.

Also, any very good title is welcome at the launch of the system.

A very good 2D title????

Even better.

I agree.

But.

I want Eternal Darkness 2 to leak instead :(.

guek

Banned
I agree.

But.

Naw man. A game like this is perfect for a leak because it'll make a bigger splash of the stage than on it. Something like ED2 needs to hit like a freight train out of nowhere in the middle of their conference because that's where it'll make the biggest impact.

joshwaan

Ideaman, quick thought do you think we will be able to use the Upad plugged in also without using the wireless function?

Like few have mentioned be very cool to be able to switch between the two :)

Edit:
I agree.

But.

+1 man :)

I'm excited, but I guess I don't consider this very megatony or special. It's another port from Ubi, one that just so happens to be excellent. Cool stuff, but yeah.

I figure a lot of the hype and wow factor revolves around the fact this is the first post-E3 2011 Wii U shit we've seen. And it's a leak.

Being a launch game and with the NFC options I could see it selling much better than in the other consoles, even selling gangbusters.
Even if it doesnt have anything to do with the kind of graphics wii u can make I can say im pretty excited that this game series has a good second chance to sell really well and keep it alive thanks to the wii u.

I know which platforming game Im going to get if NSMB WiiU looks as lackluster as it looked in last E3.

HylianTom

Banned
Yup. I'm guessing that a lot of the giddiness is just out of relief to see something. For all we know, this could be the equivalent of us being out in the desert, cheering over finding a cup of hot, gritty water.

If gimmicky NFC stuff is the way to sell Rayman as long as it stays an amazing beautiful 2d platformer, slap on all the gimmicks, Ubi

well that one for the kids really just a bit of fun iam sure they be other stuff to put it to better use

paying for thing with just a touch of your card would be nice

EDarkness

Yeah. It's the first "real" game we've seen for the Wii U. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it's a cool looking game as well. :)

But it's got a new hat!

stacy.gif

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I agree with those who say the NFC is just going to be a killer in Japan.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So finally some good news.

Rayman looked great but no better then Rayman Origins on PS360. Still. The tablet control was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom